[Win32/64] One click Ubuntu Installer *FINAL - FrankC123 Tools with SOURCE

Search This thread

frankc123

Oct 7, 2011
use NVFLash to get the partition table. Find the android partition and then again use nvflash to setbootpartition. Guys rember this is a development thread. You should expect things to give you problems. Its all DEVELOPMENT. lol :p just wasnt sure if people were understanding.

Reactions: rvelo

frankc123

Oct 7, 2011
On a side note. I got the foundation layed out for the automatic updater for the ROM's and Tools. On the new release it will have a section for if you want to download a ROM or update the tool. Once downloaded you can choose to use the rom on your tablet. I am also adding the root tools and a backup/restore option.

Reactions: bioert

bud77

Jun 29, 2011
Near Paris
I had the same thing and ended up reinstalling through lilstevie's oLife. Don't know if it was just the reinstall or if olife does something different but now it boots to Android by default, and Ubuntu only when selected

It happened because you did a recovery mode when in android

To fix it :

When in Ubuntu it's "cat /dev/zero > /dev/mmc_(i_dont_remember_the_rest)_3p"
(If you need exact command, check lilstevie thread in Q&A)

I already did it twice, and it fixed the boot issue both times

globiboulga

Mar 19, 2009
use NVFLash to get the partition table. Find the android partition and then again use nvflash to setbootpartition. Guys rember this is a development thread. You should expect things to give you problems. Its all DEVELOPMENT. lol :p just wasnt sure if people were understanding.

Mate, I completely appreciate that and it's a case of "buyer beware" here. So I assume full responsibility for what happened!!!! The minute I rebooted using recovery, I knew I was doing something "special". Double palm face FOR ME!

PS: and you can't be thanked enough - and little Stevie too - for what you doing for this community!!!

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

It happened because you did a recovery mode when in android

To fix it :

When in Ubuntu it's "cat /dev/zero > /dev/mmc_(i_dont_remember_the_rest)_3p"
(If you need exact command, check lilstevie thread in Q&A)

I already did it twice, and it fixed the boot issue both times

Thanks. Worked a treat!!!!

frankc123

Oct 7, 2011
Your welcome, and i have yet to brick my transformer. I have done about 20-30 back flashes on it while developing this program and it still works like a boss. So unless you damage the hardware itself i havent found a way to brick it.

frankc123

Oct 7, 2011
Hey guys i put up the source code for this tool. I am no longer continuing the development of it. The code is written in VB so here ya go. Took alot of hard work so enjoy it!

Reactions: GadgetViews

gueatx

May 1, 2010
Thanks for all your hard work Frank! You got it working well before you had to leave it to others! Good luck with rl!

7Usam

Sep 14, 2011
i can't install android only ! the output :
Nvflash started
nvflash configuration file error: file not found
:confused:

mastroido

Mar 13, 2010
Newbie question: i have a B70 and i never applied for roms/roots my transformer, but i'm curious for linux. Do i risk to brick my asus if i try the app, or i will be obtain only an error if my asus isn't a sbk1?

ticktock

Jan 15, 2008
Just thought I'd say thanks. Really like what you've done with this. Gave me the capability to actually use my transformer as a netbook, which I felt it was really lacking.

On a quick side note as I was installing this I didn't see any progress indicator as to what was going on, I just waited and waited at the screen and it finally rebooted into revolver and then I tried Linux and it worked like a champ. I installed XFCE and this thing is faster than I would have imagined. Again thanks..

Anyone know how to disable the touchpad?? Annoying to type...

shaqim

Mar 10, 2011
Hi! I have a b60 transformer rooted with revolver rom. I cant get sbkdetect to work, since im new to linux and i dont really understand how the untaring and so on works. Also my transformer does not want to boot into apx mode for some reason:/

Does anyone know if the b60 is sbk1 or not? Or is this different on different devices?

Since i already have it rooted and working, does that mean i have sbk1?

Would really apreciate a fast reply. Thanks!

Last edited:

bud77

Jun 29, 2011
Near Paris
Yes, b60 is sbk1
For APX mode, the screen will stay black when it is in that state (checkout in Q/A for the method)

scaltro

May 27, 2007
Modena
Really a nice tool.

I successfully installed ubuntu in secondary and the last revolver ROM (NVflash version).And it works great!

My only issue is on how to get in recovery mode.

I tried to get it from android as usual but it went to my secondary partitition (ubuntu)
I have had to replace the partition as
"cat /dev/zero > /dev/mmcblk0p3"
to boot android again.
well it fix the boot issue... but I need to go into recovery mode.

If I press Power and Vol-Down, then Vol-Up at boot I got in a wipe-user-data menu and I can't do anything else..

Is there a way to get into recovery mode again?

bud77

Jun 29, 2011
Near Paris
If I press Power and Vol-Down, then Vol-Up at boot I got in a wipe-user-data menu and I can't do anything else..

Is there a way to get into recovery mode again?

If I remember correctly, it's Power + VOL- at startup, then press VOL+ then you should see the wipe screen prompt, but something is written on the bottom to enter recovery
(I'm sorry, I don't have the tablet at hand right now :/)

scaltro

May 27, 2007
Modena
If I remember correctly, it's Power + VOL- at startup, then press VOL+ then you should see the wipe screen prompt, but something is written on the bottom to enter recovery
(I'm sorry, I don't have the tablet at hand right now :/)

If I choose to boot into recovery from there it boot ubuntu... :(

canedha

Jun 6, 2011
hi,

first thanx for this awesome program. it works like a charm.

but i have some problems switching between the OSs. when i boot prime and press long the power button i have only the options restart, recovery and cancel.
for restart it is booting android again and when i press recovery it seems that it recovers the second partition and therefore writing ubuntu into the first bootloader section as well?

so how to switch OSs? is there a way to just shut down prime (just long press power doesnt work) so that i can power+vol_down into recovery mode booting ubuntu?
or what do i have to press when for example if it also works when using the restarting option?

i'm sure that just some stupid thing but i cant figure it out by myself ^^

i also found on the prime 1.7 thread a zip including the missing shutdown option but how to install this without cwm that not there because of ubuntu?

thx in advance for all help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Frank's Tools
    This is a compilation of methods used to modify, install and recover your system on the TF101. This is a one click root, ubuntu installer and dianostic/custom set of tools. I did not make any of the ROM's, NVFlash, ADB, aBootimg or any other tools inside of this installer. I just make the user friendly interface and easy to use process for modify your TF101.

1.1.3.png

*****THIS METHOD IS DESTRUCTIVE TO DATA***** THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA AND INSTALL A FRESH COPY *****
    YOUR ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR WHILE USING THIS PROGRAM. MYSELF NOR ANY OTHER PERSON OTHER THAN YOURSELF IS LIABLE FOR ANYTHING THAT MAY OCCUR DURING ITS USE.

What you need:
    Nvflashable ROM
    Ubuntu Filesystem
    SBK1 system

Instructions:
    1.) Extract archive to a location of your choice.
    2.) Put Ubuntu.img and ROM into main folder ( Ubuntu, system, boot and recovery IMG ).
    3.) Run the tool.
    4.) Do whatever you like :p

*note: Ubuntu may have to resize the partition. Let it do its thing it may take a couple of minute to do it.
    To use Ubuntu you have to press power and volume down when booting. And then press volume up.

Error Reporting Format
    1.) Operating System (PC):
    2.) SBK Version:
    3.) Model:
    4.) Transformer Storage Size:
    5.) Install Option chosen:
    6.) Problem:
    7.)Command Output:
    - Provide as much information as possible, also if possible pictures are always good.

################################################## ##############

NVFLASH AND ABOOTIMG IS PROPERTY OF THEIR RESPECTFUL OWNERS.

Release notes:

Version 1.1.3
    -Dualboot - Android as Default, Ubuntu as Secondary. *Fixed Bootloop
    [Carried over from previous version]

Version 1.1.1
    -Basic Install with Android as default and ubuntu as secondary.
    - Android only install
    - Detailed install process
    - GUI for aBootIMG and NVFlash* Simple, but still a GUI :p
    - Added Keyboard button for starting the virtual keyboard inside ubuntu.

##DOWNLOADS##
    *Due to recent events i will no longer develop this tool. I am releasing the source so everyone can benefit from it. Please if you use my source give me some credit. Part of the reason i am stoping the development of this tool is because to much of my time is being spent on it and causing problems. So here you go guys, merry Christmas...
    Frank's Tools SOURCE - VB
    Frank's Tools Version 1.1.3
    Lilstevie's Thread - Ubuntu Filesystem(Ubuntu.img)
    Just realized its programmed in vb. What version? I have the 2008 IDE from Microsoft installed but I know that the project files change between releases. I may be able to update it for sbkv2 if I can get that basic info.

EDIT: I have started updating it to use wheelie and nvflash in resume mode. I didn't change anything about ROM's to download, and I probably wont. I just want to get the 1-click installer for Ubuntu working. Someone else can update the rest (if it still messed up). For now my TF101 needs to charge. I'll report back with results.

EDIT2: Working on the Backup/Restore tab to get that fully working, I feel the tab should get some use.
    @P4d0uch: No this is just a installer. the ubuntu system is from lilstevie's thread. When you see a update on there i will convert it to windows for everyone with a windows machine.
    Im glad everything is working good for yall. Im ganna try to add a automatic update system so you can update the tool, roms and ubuntu filesystem. The ROM section will have list view of various roms available so you can selct witch one you want to install. I am going to also add a backup option so you can backup your stuff befor you flash. Keep in mind this is just a to-do list. Some options may take a couple releases to get added. If yall have any idea's let me know and ill add it to the list.
    The system.img file is a nvflashable rom like prime. The ubuntu img is from lilstevie's thread "Ubuntu on the Transformer". As for the Dual-boot with android as default it will be on my next release. Its a long story on this release. I had alot of options for this release, but it would take alot longer to get it all finished. So i released this mini-version just to let people play around with a little bit. My next version with have a bunch of options along with a GUI interface for ADB and NVFlash.
    I figured out the problem with the boot loops. aBootimg is outputting a corrupt kernel image so i am just going to put the finished img file into the package and take out abootimg from the process. This should fix everyone's problems with the boot loop. Ill have a release out soon.