Xperia L - Sound Quality

Search This thread

SharpnShiny

May 14, 2012
The above title did not appear in the search section so I am starting this thread.

Do you use music much on this phone? Do you like it?

I notice it has xLoud, Clear Phase, Clear Bass, Clear Stereo, Surround Sound and Clear Audio. I understand that sometimes these things can be gimmicks / marketing junk but sometimes they can be useful. This is a good feature set for music lovers.

I notice that on GSM Arena tests that they rate the audio quality highly. I follow their guides often but not always. Audio quality is also subjective and occasionally I disagree with their conclusions. (e.g. X10 Mini). They rate the audio quality here if you wish to view it: http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_l-review-934p7.php

damian01211

Jan 6, 2012
Macroom (Ireland)
It doesn't beat my friends Stereo Beats Audio Speakers in HTC One but I'm satisfied with it them. I can agree with above that it is the best on a phone I have ever heared.

SharpnShiny

May 14, 2012
That is really impressive. Maybe the audio is underrated on this phone. And hello fellow Paddy! :D

Outpapa

Mar 2, 2013
Sound quality is quite good with both speaker an earphones thanks to settings included by Sony. The sound is incredibly loud with integrated speaker and does not show any sign of weakness. The sound is so loud that I don't need XLoud.

But the speaker is quite focused on high tones. That's the only "bad" thing.

Kiicek

Feb 21, 2012
I enabled xLOUD and I find my speaker too loud even on lowest setting when using Vine i. e.

But sound quality in Walkman and Poweramp I just superb. Even with my uber crappy earbuds :p

Wytapane z Xperii L.

keenofhiphop

Jul 30, 2012
For a lower range device Xperia l really got impressive speakers

Gesendet von meinem C2105 mit Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Mine sounds like Marshall vintage... at least it did till I relocked bootloader

Gesendet von meinem C2105 mit Tapatalk 4

jtgf66

Jan 31, 2014
I am not satisfied. My old w880i was far fuller than this. The earpiece is so lousy. The bonus headphone that came with the phone wasn't helpful either. A 10 year old megabass earpiece sounded so much better. Eventually, I just had to ditch it in favor of the much better xperia C.

Last edited:

przemek4113

Jan 9, 2012
Starogard gdański
I am not satisfied. My old w880i was far fuller than this. The earpiece is so lousy. The bonus headphone that came with the phone wasn't helpful either. A 10 year old megabass earpiece sounded so much. Eventually, I just had to ditch it in favor of the much better xperia C.

Xperia C ? Tell me in what terms Xperia C is better than L. Xperia C have mediatek quad core cpu,Xperia L have dual core gcom snapdragon krait s4 plus cpu.

jtgf66

Jan 31, 2014

Xperia C ? Tell me in what terms Xperia C is better than L. Xperia C have mediatek quad core cpu,Xperia L have dual core gcom snapdragon krait s4 plus cpu.

I'm only talking about the audio quality. There are other reasons why I dumped the L (lousy cam as well). But I can say with certainty that the audio on the C is better. Perhaps it's in the headsets. I wouldn't have dumped the L if I weren't happy with it. Because it's a sony, the walkman app is a big draw for me, so if i'm not happy with it, i'm most likely going to either try another model, or buy another brand altogether. But i'm now VERY happy with the C, despite having less features and not having a loud xloud speaker.

jtgf66

Jan 31, 2014
audio quality on L

Another possible reason why sony bundled a better sounding earpiece is that the C is capable of playing .flac files. Haven't tried whether the L could or couldn't since i've dumped it already... It's not in the official specs of the L, so i'll assume it can't...

phone history: motorola microtac - dead and gone. ericsson ga628 dead. ericsson g688 died of old age. ericsson r520 still working but no back light. ericsson t68i - stolen :( ericsson t630 dead. sonyericsson s600 dead. sonyericsson k750i irrepairable flex. sonyericsson w800 flex problem. walkman 880i stolen :(. Nokia n8 - still working

Last edited:

optimusBS

Jul 28, 2012
Just bought Xperia L

Walkman app is very good.

Audio quality is very good too, i have a previous S3 and Nexus S which is on wolfson, with voodoo sound(used the bundled S3 headpiece on both), coming from it i know the difference, I though the Xperia L has bad audio quality, but its on the bundled sony headset, even the free Headphone not so good, but when i plugged in my samsung S3 headset, it was good, didn't know the difference from my wolfson powered S3 and Nexus S.

For a midrange phone, 2mp on front should be the norm, my LG optimus black has it. Slow autofocus too. so avoid the phone shake while waiting for the slow autofocus, the dedicated camera button is tough to press, shaking the phone while pressing it.

Cons: slow autofocus, front camera, bad bundled headset.

Pros: everything not on cons for its price, i like the audio, battery, net integration, gps, screen size, form factor and design.