Moto X won't turn on

Search This thread

garrettpen

Jan 19, 2011
I was rooting my phone I got to the point where I accepted the 4.4 update it downloaded installed shut off and that was it. I have tried every button combination, It had plenty of charge, and just to make sure I plugged it into a wall charger for 20 minutes. Any suggestions? The screen doesn't come on at all. Thanks, Garrett.

mawells787

Feb 27, 2011
New York

Sorry bud. Sounds like you might have bigger issues than I can help you with. However, you should try to connect it to your computer and see if you get anything. Also keep trying to power it on while on a USB or charger.

Hopefully someone with a similar experience can chime in.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

dray_jr

Jul 3, 2009
Fort Myers,FL
I was rooting my phone I got to the point where I accepted the 4.4 update it downloaded installed shut off and that was it. I have tried every button combination, It had plenty of charge, and just to make sure I plugged it into a wall charger for 20 minutes. Any suggestions? The screen doesn't come on at all. Thanks, Garrett.

hold power button for 1 min if you feel the phone vibrate that is good.

now try holding Volume Up + Power will it boot into the bootloader.

If yes great time to restore to stock

If No then your phone is hard bricked and you will have to get it replaced.

one easy way to find out if your phone is hard bricked is to plug it into the computer and see what drivers it tries to install

if it say qhsusb_dload then i know for a fact that your phone is Hard bricked.

If that is the case call your carrier or go to a local store and tell them that your phone was on 4.2.2 and you downloaded the 4.4 OTA and it rebooted to install it and now it won't turn on at all they should give you a brand new phone because it was the phones problem.

When you get your new phone please post here first with What Carrier Moto X you have and what android version it is on 4.2.2 / 4.2.2 Camera Update / 4.4. and i will help you get your phone rooted and up and running correctly

Good Luck My Friend and please don't be afraid to ask for help

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
Mist likely hard bricked, you're not the only person this has happen too and won't be the last, if you're getting the driver mussing as previously posted ,I agree and its hard bricked. Which 4.2 stick firmware where you on? Pre camera update? At least you can call you're carrier and say you attempted to install an ota which in fact did brick your phone don't tell them you tried to root it of course, good.luck

Sent on my Moto X