Search This thread

sykopompos

Recognized Developer
Jun 26, 2008
flithydelphia
l-dev-prev.png

Flashing tips by @ramjet73, this should be read by everyone
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55228784&postcount=12583

This is an enhanced version of the 81c developer preview that google released.
It has currently been ported for Mako and Deb and improved for Hammerhead and Flo
It offers a permissive selinux policy, aosp merged in and rock solid stabilty along with drastic improvements in speed and smoothness.
It offers updated proprietary files, updated google apps, fonts, res files and animations from the newer sdks.

Deb does not have a working mobile radio yet, radio turns on but without access to the settings, we can't configure it. A work around is being worked on

Big thanks to @defconoi , @zyr3x , @percy_g2 , @ben1066 [MENTION=1050103] for improving and originally helping with the old lpv79 port to Mako.
Right now I rebased the entire project to clean it out and smooth it out

Huge thanks to @ramjet73 @bitstra @manueltts @skiman10 @psycho693 @jayfallen for helping me get it over to the other devices I don't have and testing everything I threw at them and the huge brainstorming and trying things I couldn't. It would have not been possible without these guys so please thank them

Warning. This has heavy ramdisk mods that are essential for it to work. You can flash current up to date "kit Kat kernels or L updaters only" but not full boot.imgs as this will break the ROM. If you do happen to flash a a boot.img, you can pull it out if the rom and fastboot flash boot boot.img

Hammerhead can only use L preview Kernels.

Remember, this is a port of a developer preview, there is already bugs in the official version from google and without the L code, we can not fix google's bugs. There are fixes to known problems in N7 2013 and N5 forums so if you do find them, please provide them with the bug

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
FIRST TIME FLASHING
  1. Put the file onto your Internal Storage
  2. Reboot into Recovery (CWM/TWRP]
  3. "wipe data/factory reset"
  4. "mounts and storage" -> "format system"
  5. "install zip" -> "install zip from sdcard" -> choose the mako-bla-bla-zip and confirm flashing procedure
  6. "reboot into system"
  7. first boot may take up to 10 minutes - be patient

UPDATING
  1. Put the latest L-bla-bla.zip onto your Internal Storage
  2. Reboot into Recovery (CWM/TWRP)
  3. "wipe data/factory reset"
  4. "install zip" -> "install zip from sdcard" -> choose the [filename.zip] and confirm flashing procedure
  5. "reboot into system"

Updater-script wipes the cache files so no need to wipe cache

Sources
Mako
GPL KERNEL SOURCE - github.com/Android-L-Porting-Team/android_kernel_mako

Flo, Deb and Hammerhead use the modifed stock preview with the kexec-hardboot patch directly provided by @tassadar to provide multirom support. Flo and Deb use the same kernel.
Hammerhead - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48508468&postcount=2
Flo - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45886584&postcount=2

We are using the rebase repos right now since they are cleaned out
Github https://github.com/Android-L-Porting-Team

slim builds have excess google apps cut out for those on a bandwidth budget or like to pick and choose their google apps from the play store

OT talk is welcomed in my threads and development is done in the open. I encourage involvement in the project in any way.
Please do not complain about OT, it encourages a fun and relaxed environment

Like the work I did, consider donating. I'm currently not working so it helps feed me

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BPFLE54YPRV92

Yes, my PayPal account is thatguy32404, I like to keep my banking stuff separated from my social account

Last edited:

sykopompos

Recognized Developer
Jun 26, 2008
flithydelphia
nexus devices threads

Changlelog.

Changlelog.

Stable-9001
Now over 9000!!!!!!
Updated selinux security policy
tracked down some missing permissions
did some other work but can't remember

B7.0.1
Flo & Deb
removed some excess apps that were replaced and I missed in b7

B7
updated fonts, res files, animations from the latest sdk
updater-script wipes cache files
updated some more google apps.
now using smart-art
force dns to google's public dns

B6
6 finishes up the rebasing work from 5 (5.9 was just a stepping stone and getting it out to other devices so we could work out all the kinks)
(Mako only info)
The rebasing work meant a lot of clean up and trying to get it as efficient as possible so from 5 to 6 is a big step and will be quite noticeable
(mako, flo, deb)
updated egl drivers are from qcom developer are in here which are newer then the preview ones

(Hammerhead )
Proper working sound now

(All)
Built in Busybox should be working. I tested the functions and seemed good to me.
Got rid of all the looping code and debugging code to speed everything up.
Updated the preview proprietary binaries to the latest version (some can't go all the way up and are stuck on a previous set or even original preview versions)
(Hammerhead has the latest preview egl drivers)
Built in google apps have been updated.
Introduction of slim builds for those on a bandwidth budget.
Can't think of what else.
Most kinks have all been worked out

B5.9
Rebased completely from scratch on 81c
improved reliability and stability.
Ported to Deb, Flo and Hammerhead

Beta 5
fully permissive sepolicy based on aosp, cleaned out a lot of crud
removed reliance on n5 frameworks, merged in some current aosp
improved smoothness and increased reliability, daily driver status

Beta 4

New Kernel
more smashy smashy bugs

For all camera issues please try this: go to the Dev settings and disable nuplayer! I'm posting it again because I think it will be lost in all the posts! If it works hopefully the contributing devs will catch it and put it in the main post

Last edited:

sykopompos

Recognized Developer
Jun 26, 2008
flithydelphia
Now all we gotta do is figure out how to access the radio setting outside of the setting app since they aren't there.
I had to track down the radio files and pulled them out of 4.4.3 to get the radio to start but I don't have a deb so I can't troubleshoot it as well.
I'm using the n7 as a base for mako along with all the framework files but had to use the n5's apps. The problem with deb is that if you try to use non tablet apps, it breaks the multi user feature so that might not be am option there so a script or an app that replicates the setting and configure it to the network might have to be done

Ansanen

Feb 25, 2013
Kishinev
Now all we gotta do is figure out how to access the radio setting outside of the setting app since they aren't there.
I had to track down the radio files and pulled them out of 4.4.3 to get the radio to start but I don't have a deb so I can't troubleshoot it as well.
I'm using the n7 as a base for mako along with all the framework files but had to use the n5's apps. The problem with deb is that if you try to use non tablet apps, it breaks the multi user feature so that might not be am option there so a script or an app that replicates the setting and configure it to the network might have to be done

What's the difference between your port and my
http://xdaforums.com/nexus-7-2013/development-lte/android-lpv81c-deb-t2849013

skiman10

Oct 1, 2012
Just so you all know it was me who actually did all this stuff, @sykopompos is taking all the credit ? no but really without sykopompos and his wizardly ways there would be no way this would have gotten done. He was nice enough to help with the project, then "take it over" and get it done the right way. Make sure to give him a big thanks for taking time out of his day and working on this through the nights. Without him this might have never happened. Thanks a lot man!

Sent from my Nexus 7 LTE using Tapatalk

sykopompos

Recognized Developer
Jun 26, 2008
flithydelphia

Give it a flash and come back and give me an answer.

Oh BTW, this should have been out like a month ago but I didn't realize my really stupid derp of not modifying the bootclasspath so it wouldn't boot. I didn't realize this till after I started work on flo so if @skiman10 was helping you, you might have a part of my earlier work in yours.
Also do you have the radio files in yours?

Top Liked Posts