something odd I seen

Search This thread

S0bes

Jan 1, 2012
I believe that it's sort of default app for android which motorola just forgot to delete. And it wont work without nfc.
Cause any nfc apps I installed from g play told me that nfc is unsupported.
There is TagGoogle app in system/app. And "google" in app name proves that it's default google stuff.
This is ridiculous if motorola just put nfc module and colored led and do not allow to use it.

ma3oony

Nov 29, 2010
Hmmmmm

uploadfromtaptalk1391561846043.jpg

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app

geekopa

Jan 25, 2011
iFixit would've known it if there where a hidden NFC chip/antenna (which is pretty big and would be (as nowadays done mostly) hidden in the battery).

BUT there is a hack to buy a QI antenne like [german ebay item number: 261348107126] and squish it in like in here

Youtube Video ID: U2WPjw-WaCI

It is blocking the USB connector and yes it looks pretty ugly too and I'm actually afraid of breaking it off while im stuffing it in my bag etc.

and yes im new here (just abanndoned the german android-hilfe (after 4 years) forum cause of the nazis) and am not allowed to post links :(

Soo conclusion in my very opinion is: there is a high chance of no antenna whatsoever in the moto g. Im afraid.

wrj54

Jan 3, 2014
iFixit would've known it if there where a hidden NFC chip/antenna (which is pretty big and would be (as nowadays done mostly) hidden in the battery).

BUT there is a hack to buy a QI antenne like [german ebay item number: 261348107126] and squish it in like in here

Youtube Video ID: U2WPjw-WaCI

It is blocking the USB connector and yes it looks pretty ugly too and I'm actually afraid of breaking it off while im stuffing it in my bag etc.

and yes im new here (just abanndoned the german android-hilfe (after 4 years) forum cause of the nazis) and am not allowed to post links :(

Soo conclusion in my very opinion is: there is a high chance of no antenna whatsoever in the moto g. Im afraid.

Interesting video but I also wonder how well this would hold up. I carry my phone in my pocket. Even more scary is would it stress the USB connection enough over time to cause problems.

debaj

Dec 8, 2010
Budapest
Question is how much do you need NFC. I had a NExus S for almost two and a half years but I never used it for anything, I did not even spend the 10 USD bonus from Google Wallet app.

geekopa

Jan 25, 2011
Oh guys, don't get me wrong this is not a hack I'd use in a productive system. And yes as I mentioned it is not a very good idea to use something like that.

And even worse I mixed it up: I was talking about a QI charging pad. It is not the same as the NFC you were talking about. The QI standard allows you only to charge your phone; you cannot use it to transfer data.

Sorry for my mistake...

AwesomeTurtle

Sep 30, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
awesometurtle.com
No biggie. Your iFixit point was probably the strongest in the thread. This would certainly be something they'd have noted/discussed when they performed open Android surgery.

Sent from my XT1034 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Furieuxariel

May 4, 2011
I was looking for tags, but i'm chilean and have the language set on spanish, so its 'Etiquetas', the same as 'Tags', and i downloaded sony's easy connect app from play since it says its compatible with moto g

dwhite1972

Dec 5, 2013
Glasgow
Honor 9
Xiaomi Redmi 6A
I reasked wysdom app developers and ave ended up with one saying is has the hardware for NFC and no that said it doesn't
now the question to anyone who takes apart phone etc maybe Motorola has changes the design of the NFC receiver to a smaller design just a thought

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    okay I have seen that the moto g can't use NFC and I know this could be shot down fast but if u got into the setting then apps it references this app that's in the pics
    just odd Motorola would include this app just me

If the Moto G had NFC why would Motorola hide it? It sounds like a way to increase sales unless they are trying to protect the Moto X's sales.

I somehow doubt that NFC is a selling point to more than, like, 7 people.
    maybe Motorola has changes the design of the NFC receiver to a smaller design just a thought

Even Motorola has to obey the laws of physics.