restoring a back-up will lose root?

Search This thread

ikkeeuu

Feb 22, 2013
hi,

When i make a back-up using Sony Bridge and then root my phone. Will i lose root restoring the back-up from sony bridge?

thanks in advance

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
The back-up that i have is one without root.
Are you sure, then how did you do the backup? What kind of backup is it?
So when i root my device after the back-up, and restore my back-up. I will loose root. Correct?
Again, you cannot do a backup without root, you must mean you have backed up some app data. That will not get rid of root either as it is not a full system backup, you need root in order to do that.

Reactions: ikkeeuu

ikkeeuu

Feb 22, 2013
Are you sure, then how did you do the backup? What kind of backup is it?Again, you cannot do a backup without root, you must mean you have backed up some app data. That will not get rid of root either as it is not a full system backup, you need root in order to do that.

I used sony bridge to back-up my contacts, messages and pictures and such. I don't care that much about app data.

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
I used sony bridge to back-up my contacts, messages and pictures and such. I don't care that much about app data.

OK, That's not a "Backup" of your system, its just some files, it will not replace your system files, hence will not touch root.

It will just replace your contacts, messages, pictures and such

Reactions: ikkeeuu

ikkeeuu

Feb 22, 2013
OK, That's not a "Backup" of your system, its just some files, it will not replace your system files, hence will not touch root.

Ok, thanks for your help! I am going to root my device using the methode you said 100 times to people :D but i just wanted to make a 'back-up' before i do it so i don't lose anything after i rooted.
Maybe a last question if you dont't mind? :p am i using the best methode so i won't lose anything?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    did you have root when you made the backup?

Yes you did

So if you restore back to that point, guess what...You will have root.
    The back-up that i have is one without root.
    Are you sure, then how did you do the backup? What kind of backup is it?
    So when i root my device after the back-up, and restore my back-up. I will loose root. Correct?
    Again, you cannot do a backup without root, you must mean you have backed up some app data. That will not get rid of root either as it is not a full system backup, you need root in order to do that.

Your contacts are auto backed upto your google account anyway
    Then I would just copy and paste all my pictures onto my PC
    You can use smartSMS bacup to backup your messages to your google account as well.

That's all I ever do.