MHL Adapter

Search This thread

kirbo20

Nov 29, 2006
I can't seem to find one of these for the Flyer. I have one that came with my Samsung Infuse but it doesn't work....the video never stope flickering. Has anyone been able to get an HTC one?

mchlwvr614

May 18, 2010
So you do get video out from the flyer through the usb port using a mhl cable but it flickers? That is an interesting find.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

HeadhunterHarold

May 24, 2011
Possible soluton to fix flicker using MHL cable...

Hi Kirbo,

Have you considered going into your advanced monitor/graphics settings? I don't know if this will work for the Flyer, but for my set up, I have dual 23" monitors, one hooked up to my laptop via HDMI and the other via VGA. Once in a while, my left monitor, the one with the HDMI flickers.

The reason it flickers is that it somehow reverts to 30hz instead of 60hz. I can fix in a few seconds by changing it back to 60hz. You may want to try that... Just a suggestion.

I am curious now about either finding an HDMI docking station or one of those MHL cables you speak of.

Take care!

aostl

Feb 16, 2010
My old.incredible.tv out cables fit the usb port perfectly but don't work. My guess.is there will be some cable.HTC will sell

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
the adapter from the infuse should work just fine. there was a YouTube review showing that they used the infuse MHL adapter with the flyer and it worked just fine.

scitech09

Mar 28, 2011
I have tested it with the adapter from the Infuse and it worked just fine for me. The adapter requires power, which is provided by the charger that came with the Infuse. The Flyer projects better video than the Infuse, at least for the apps. Angry Birds looked real nice on a large screen TV. I have not messed with any of the video settings.

kaze00

Apr 8, 2009
The MHL adapter for the Sensation from TMobile works great.

You need to have a micro usb charger plugged in though.

No flickering. Woohoo

carloritoll

Dec 13, 2010
Yes it will. It is the same one that was on the tmobile site for the HTC sensation and the user kaze00 said it works for his flyer

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using XDA Premium App

I ordered it just now hoping that you're right about compatibility, anyway...the official HTC adapter will be not available till august.

bleclair

Jan 24, 2010
Albuquerque
Would this work? Only $25 on Amazon... (Not in stock right now.)

http://www.amazon.com/Accell-J135-0...N9NA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310077697&sr=8-1

(EDIT: Apparently it will not... MicroUSB vs ExtMicroUSB on the Flyer.)

I'm a little frustrated with accessory availability for my Flyer... Can't find the white dock, can't find the MHL adapter... (And if you can, the prices are kind of a rip-off.)

I ended up ordering the Fujitsu pen for $27 shipped from B&H. Screw $60+.

(P.S. Where is my Honeycomb update that is coming "shortly after launch.")

/rant :)

Last edited:

carloritoll

Dec 13, 2010
NOT working the expansys one

I ordered it just now hoping that you're right about compatibility, anyway...the official HTC adapter will be not available till august.

damn, I could not see any video signal. I know that it need a power, but plugging in a microsb cable from a pc or a power adapter (I used a motorola one) his led does not power on, but on the flyer "blink" the sign "hdmi connected".

Expansys told me that this adapter is NOT compatible with my Flyer.
I'm really sad, I don't know if I can try to find a proper power adapter to make it work.

vj092887

Jul 25, 2008
Just recieved my mhl adapter from tmobile for the HTC sensation and it works perfectly with the micro usb wall charger I have for my EVO 4g!!!!! No complaints here

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using XDA Premium App

monkeyracer

Aug 23, 2007
Lakehood
Sprint has the HTC branded MHL adapter available on their website or in the stores through their Direct Ship process. $40 with a 1 year warranty.

IP IHI II IL

Sep 16, 2010
I found something similar to this on Amazon yesterday... It was black, and HTC branded. Oddly, I can't find it now, but I can't remember the verbage I used in my search. If I find it again, I'll post it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you step back and try it direct to an HDMI TV first?
    Did you try the Strock HC ROM?
    That's the problem, i have not hdmi tv. But somehow the monitor receive some signal as but it's blank screen.

Does the mhl connector work like plug and play? Or do i need to set it some where?

I had a similar problem. Apparently, some MHL adapters (or it may be the device, i dunno) require you to have some power running to the device before the output will work. Try running your power cable into the adapter and see if it starts working.
    @indiziert ... i've always understood you need to have the htc power supply powering any MHL device otherwise it won't work due to lack of power funnily enough. i guess it's a safeguard to stop the tablet/phone running out of juice half-way through a show/whatever since it's clearly a drain. i've a generic mhl device (amazon £10) which simply doesnt work until the power cord is attached. i've used both htc & generic usb power sources successfully. hope that helps.
    Would you mind sharing where you did you got it and the model?
    thanks!

monoprice.com
    Product ID: 8805
    Micro USB to HDMI® MHL Adapter - Black
    It was on sale for $7 when I bought it. Now its $10.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/search.asp?keyword=mhl&x=0&y=0
    I disagree with your conjecture. Either the adapter accepts MHL and converts to HDMI or it doesn't. There is no half-way or partial conversion. Its a digital signal, there is no in between. So it will generate a 720P HDMI digital signal. If your VGA converter can handle that, then it will work. If you tried to view the Flyer on a HD HDMI TV and it works, it works. I think your problem is more likely the HDMI to VGA conversion. 720P HDMI is not exactly compatible with Analog VGA and even less likely compatible with a converter. Where PCs can change resolution and go to a lower VGA compatible screen resolution to match a VGA projector, the Flyer cannot change screen resolution or size. If your projector expects standard VGA or 480I signals, then the Flyer cannot generate such a signal without a down-converting box. My generic MHL adapter works with all 6 of my HD TVs , 4 different brands and my LCD computer monitor (HDMI) and my companies projector (HDMI). I just tried it with Coolext's latest HC ROM on the Flyer and its plug and play. Hook it up and it works, no setting changes, no hassle.