Search This thread

hoofadoo

Aug 8, 2010
RI
Lol this should be in general... And inspire? This is the infuse forums

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

Jonathon1710

May 8, 2010
I apologize if I put it in the wrong forum, but I didn't think that editing the build.prop file or regulating 4G speeds that AT&T hasn't "given" us access to yet was a general question.

Aside from that, is it possible?

hoofadoo

Aug 8, 2010
RI
I apologize if I put it in the wrong forum, but I didn't think that editing the build.prop file or regulating 4G speeds that AT&T hasn't "given" us access to yet was a general question.

Aside from that, is it possible?

So, you want to post in development? Ask yourself this:

Is what I am going to post a question?
If so, this is not the right place to post a new thread. Instead, use the SEARCH function to find a thread about your question. If that's not available, post your question in General.

Just sayin...

SSJ_Gomike

May 23, 2009
Miami
Well no offense to anyone, but changing the build.prop of any phone to alter the dynamics of how to phone runs or behaves sounds like development to me...

Can it be done? Do you know how exactly it's done on the inspire?

Sent from my Samsung Infuse 4G

crawlgsx

Jun 21, 2007
Maine, USA
Well no offense to anyone, but changing the build.prop of any phone to alter the dynamics of how to phone runs or behaves sounds like development to me...

Can it be done? Do you know how exactly it's done on the inspire?

Sent from my Samsung Infuse 4G

Your missing what the dev section is for.

If someone had a custom Build.prop they wanted to share, that is a Dev post. Asking a question about development is not.

bedwa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 5, 2008
Springfield IL
no, from what I've been tinkering with in the test settings (accessed with *#0011#) and pressing menu, back, selecting "network control", then "hspa cat control", I'm able to get better speeds on CAT 10 than CAT 14, but other's speeds may vary. (I know I'm a heavy user that uses over 15 to 20 GB per month too, so it may just be going through a CAT that I'm not throttled on too.... :p )

But with all above, I agree that this should be in General....

Last edited:

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
the inspire has hsupa disabled foe the att version with a line in build.prop. hsupa has been disabled on all att phone cept the iphone and the infuse. tere have been different meathods to disable it but is irrelevant because the infuse has it enabled. ther may be other settings to change but not to get even better speeds but I don't think it will be in build.prop or yield the same results.

lalojamesliz

Jun 27, 2011
no, from what I've been tinkering with in the test settings (accessed with *#0011#) and pressing menu, back, selecting "network control", then "hspa cat control", I'm able to get better speeds on CAT 10 than CAT 14, but other's speeds may vary. (I know I'm a heavy user that uses over 15 to 20 GB per month too, so it may just be going through a CAT that I'm not throttled on too.... :p )

wow i started messing with the diffrent CAT settings on my infuse and now i have gotten up to 5250 down on my speed test! before the most ive gotten was low 3000's. a friend of mine has a infuse 4g also but he has gotten up to 10,000 down! he usually averages 7-8k on speed tests. WHY????? he has had his phone since it came out i think.

pr0necr0

Sep 5, 2008

So i just followed what you said and the first screen that comes up, the general service mode screen says im running on 3g even though up in my task bar it shows the H+ symbol. Has my infuse been lying to me this whole time?

araemo

Jun 23, 2011
So i just followed what you said and the first screen that comes up, the general service mode screen says im running on 3g even though up in my task bar it shows the H+ symbol. Has my infuse been lying to me this whole time?

No, AT&T has. HSPA+ is still 3G, even though AT&T calls it 4g. They may re-brand all the user-facing stuff to say 4G, but the phone's technical information that you aren't supposed to see will refer to it by its technical term, 3G.

TheMan42

Mar 19, 2009
if its not LTE , its not 4g :) Sorry to burst your bubble. I truely miss Tmobile when it comes to data. I would get around 6megs down all the time on "3g". I dont even get 3 most times with at&t and the upload is such horrible ****.

LTE isn't 4G either, if you want to lump HSPA+ into ' it's not 4G' category. LTE currently offers nothing remotely close to the original ITU specs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

siscim23

Apr 7, 2011
Miami, FL
wow i started messing with the diffrent CAT settings on my infuse and now i have gotten up to 5250 down on my speed test! before the most ive gotten was low 3000's. a friend of mine has a infuse 4g also but he has gotten up to 10,000 down! he usually averages 7-8k on speed tests. WHY????? he has had his phone since it came out i think.

I typically get 3-4 Mbps at work/home. Last week I was about 4 miles away, got 8.9Mbps. Another day I was about 5 miles further, got 5.5 Mbps. Depends on which tower you're on.

zb126

Aug 13, 2010
Yeah, I've noticed that too. I switched the CAT and got improvement at my office... Now just to check at home.

I almost feel like my Captivate was faster somehow....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.