[Q] Android Revolution HD error while restarting

Search This thread

Pilsner12

Aug 4, 2010
Pilsen
Hi all,
I have problem with Android Revolution HD by mike1986 ROM. Everything working well expect restarting. If I restarted, phone didnt start rom but only clockworkmod and only one way how to correctly start phone is connect via cable to computer and over fastboot boot boot.img push boot.img into phone.. And second issue - in clockworkomod I cant make backup - everytime it ends with error message..

Any idea how to fix it? Thanks

kimsillasen

Feb 16, 2011
I have this exact problem too. I'm ENG S-OFF and ARHD 9.2 installer is fine until the very last step when it goes "assert failed" and something about extracting the boot.img to /tmp/boot.img.

I tried going about it the same way I read before with CyanogenMod where I'd manually flash the boot.img in fastboot to make sure it was flashed properly or I'd just get bootloop into recovery, but it's a no-go. It flashes fine, of course, but it doesn't help one bit. I'll be damned if I'm giving up and moving to CyanogenMod again after going through all the guides and reading page up and page down of things that basically didn't help me.

Does anyone have a solution or an idea why ARHD 9.2 fails when extracting the boot.img to /tmp?

EDIT: Same issue with ARHD 7.3 btw.

EDIT2: I gave up and went to CyanogenMod 10.2. Worked the first time...

Last edited:

kimsillasen

Feb 16, 2011
I've been using TWRP2 all along. It works very well on my HTC One and Nexus 7 both. I gave it another try today, but it's still a no-go. I think I've tried most every combination of things now. :confused: No matter. I'm giving the nightly CM11 a try now. :fingers-crossed:

kimsillasen

Feb 16, 2011
Aha! Turns out I had a faulty SD-card. I could write to it and all, but I couldn't delete any files off it. No format worked. Nothing. It couldn't readily be identified, but at least I found the cause and now it's working perfectly. Smooth and fast. Very, very nice. :good: I'm a happy camper.