Screen Protector

Search This thread

luis86dr

May 27, 2009
Jersey
Anyone can recommend any good screen protectors at a good price? I don't mind paying extra for good quality. The verizon ones blow. Makes the screen look VERY pixelated. Trying to avoid purchasing a screen protecter like that.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA

Cryptrix

Mar 16, 2012
Boston, MA
Zagg Invisible Shield

Anyone can recommend any good screen protectors at a good price? I don't mind paying extra for good quality. The verizon ones blow. Makes the screen look VERY pixelated. Trying to avoid purchasing a screen protecter like that.

Yes you should make a search through the forum next time but since this thread is already up..

I highly recommend a ZAGG Invisible Shield screen protector. It costs a little more but its absolutely worth it. They have a model for each specific phone so the protector molds around the camera and corners perfectly. It comes with a whole method of putting it on so its smooth when you finish. Plus if you register the screen protector on their website you can pretty much get a replacement for free if anything happens to the protector which isn't likely but still (too scratched to see the screen or something), plus if that happens it peels right off so you can put another one on and the screen is good as new. But its pretty epically scratch resistant, you can check out vids on youtube or their website. I can't stand when my screens get scratched, so I've been using it for years, very happy customer. They sell them at best buy.

Last edited:

kvswim

Mar 25, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
The Charge has Gorilla Glass and is very hard to scratch. Most of us recommend keeping it bare as a screen protector, no matter the quality, detracts from the picture quality slightly.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium

Mar 5, 2011
Use Skinomi, its a pain to put on but its the best and the clearest one I have ever used

Sent from my GT-P6210 using xda premium

Tazer2death

Oct 9, 2011
Space Coast
http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Screen-Protector-Invisible-Samsung/dp/B0054ENBBM/ref=pd_cp_cps_0

These. They have great reviews. I am very happy with mine. Doing it's job well since July 2011. And it comes in a pack of 3 in case you mess up. And it comes with installation instructions. And, for giving them a good review, they offered to send me a pack of screen protectors free. So I got a pack of iPhone covers for my parents. Great company, great product :D

BTW if you mess up, soaking it in rubbing alcohol works great for removing dust and then you just try again and squeegee with a credit card.

JihadSquad

Oct 5, 2011
Madison, WI
xdaforums.com
It doesn't have gorilla glass. Saw it mentioned in a review.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

It does have gorilla glass. When the phone originally came out it was on corninggorillaglass.com under products with gorilla glass. Now since it is old news it is off the site, but seeing as every major samsung phone is there like the GS, GSII, note, tab, and wp phones, I am sure the charge has it.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Without screen protector, you droid Charge will get scratch. Already happened to my daughter's phone.

shrike1978

Jun 28, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I have never managed to scratch a smartphone screen, Gorilla Glass or not, and I've had smartphones since the original iPhone. I hate screen protectors of all forms. I hate the way the look and the way they feel, so I've never used one for more than a few days. I don't think I'm particularly "gentle" on a phone...the only thing special I do is keep it in a pocket by itself. I've seen other people's phone of various builds covered in scratches, and I still don't understand how they get so scratched up.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
I have never managed to scratch a smartphone screen, Gorilla Glass or not, and I've had smartphones since the original iPhone. I hate screen protectors of all forms. I hate the way the look and the way they feel, so I've never used one for more than a few days. I don't think I'm particularly "gentle" on a phone...the only thing special I do is keep it in a pocket by itself. I've seen other people's phone of various builds covered in scratches, and I still don't understand how they get so scratched up.

Not true! my daughter kept her phone in a pocket book full of car keys, pens and jeweries and she scratched it.

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
Without screen protector, you droid Charge will get scratch. Already happened to my daughter's phone.

Doesn't matter what type of glass it has, it can get scratched. And not having a screen protector doesn't mean it will get scratched either. The Charge does have Gorilla Glass, but I wouldn't go around testing it out to see how tough it is. Odds are there are minimum hardness specs that it needs to pass, so some pieces of glass are harder than others.

pizzle11

Nov 28, 2011
I had mine in my pocket with keys for a year, no scratches. the plastic is scratched to heck, but the glass remains unscathed.

blarrick

Jun 26, 2011
North Hollywood
the charge has gorilla glass making it very scratch/crack resistant. i havent had a screen protector the whole time ive had it, which is about 10 months and it still looks brand new. and trust me, ive dropped it my fair share of times, infact i just dropped it earlier today. had it in my sweater pocket while i was riding my bike and it just flat out fell screen first onto the concrete. not even 1 little scratch.

just dont bother with a screen protector, it looks so much better without one.

but if you really are hell bent on getting a screen protector i can recommend Zagg, i had the enV Touch before this phone for 2 years with a Zagg invishield on the whole time. it kinda got that "rainbow" effect from the grease/sweat on your hands but it was very durable and scratch resistant with a nice fit. overall a perfect screen protector for my needs.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
So everyone brag about how tough the screen on the charge, how would you explain to me there are 3 scratches on my daughter phone, which forced me to buy a screen protector???? you all claimed it "UN SCRATCHABLE".

shrike1978

Jun 28, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I think you're the only person who's used the word unscratchable, but I did imply that you have to be careless to scratch a glass smartphone screen. Keeping my phone in a pocket by itself, and no other protections, has protected my screens without a screen protector since the original iPhone in 2007. Yes, there are situations where a screen protector would make sense, but in those situations, I'd probably rather use a case/holster that completely covered the screen.

Last edited: