[Tutorial][Rescue]Sprint HTC One users that flash GSM roms on their CDMA devices.

Search This thread

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Hello XDA,
I have noticed a lot of Sprint(CDMA) HTC One users are flashing GSM roms and soft bricking their devices lately.
I have personally rescued 50+ devices in the past couple weeks so I'm posting this guide in hopes that it will save some headaches and stress for Sprint users.

These instructions are for the Sprint variant only
You will need to be unlocked and have TWRP or CWM installed for this to work
1. Follow this guide Guide - Get s-off on 1.31 HTC One (Sprint) Update:
You will get a failed warning after issuing the echo blah blah command this is normal and nothing to be worried about and after the echo command type exit to exit the adb shell and continue.
2. Get the RUU HERE click the first link in the thread(extract it to your desktop/open it and click setup it will scan your device,go thru the various screens reading the warnings and checking the boxes, once it starts it will take 10-20 minutes to complete) once it's done you will be back to completely stock.

Device not recognized?
On your PC go to device manager and find your phone(usually M7WLS), right click and select properties
Select the driver tab
Select update driver
Select browse my comp
Let me pick
Look for ADB USB device or similar should be one of the first couple choices
Select MyHTC install and you should be good :D

Latest HTC Drivers

Optional:
Use revone to gain s-off (if you go with this option once you are s-off you won't need to use HTC-Dev to unlock your bootloader again because revone does it for you) A sidenote about revone it will fail several times just press the UP arrow on your keyboard to issue the same command and press enter.Watch the cmd window for instructions to reboot and continue.
or
flash a Sprint rom from the Sprint forum

Thanks to Indirect for his Guide
Thanks to OMJ for the RUU
Thanks to Revolutionary dev team for Revone

If you need assistance I'll be happy to help. :D

**NOTE** this guide will be obsolete once Sprint/HTC pushes an OTA and the hboot changes.
Updated 4.3/4.4 Guide found HERE

Last edited:

rj54271

Sep 26, 2013
no adb

Hello XDA,
I have noticed a lot of Sprint(CDMA) HTC One users are flashing GSM roms and soft bricking their devices lately.
I have personally rescued 15-30 devices in the past couple weeks so I'm posting this guide in hopes that it will save some headaches and stress for Sprint users.

You will get a failed warning after issuing the echo blah blah command this is normal and nothing to be worried about and after the echo command type exit to exit the adb shell and continue.
2. Get the RUU here click the first link in the thread(extract it to your desktop/open it and click setup it will scan your device,go thru the various screens reading the warnings and checking the boxes, once it starts it will take 10-20 minutes to complete) once it's done you will be back to completely stock.

Optional:
Use revone to gain s-off (if you go with this option once you are s-off you won't need to use HTC-Dev to unlock your bootloader again because revone does it for you) A sidenote about revone it will fail several times just press the UP arrow on your keyboard to issue the same command and press enter.Watch the cmd window for instructions to reboot and continue.
or flash a Sprint rom from the Sprint forum

**NOTE** this guide will be obsolete once Sprint/HTC pushes an OTA and the hboot changes.

I cant access adb from recovery even with the sideload feature and have no os to boot to this Is what I get for variables
C:\platform-tools>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.00.20.0626
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.31.651.2
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP
(bootloader) product: m7_wls
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0720000
(bootloader) cidnum: SPCS_001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4327mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
please help and i would rather not get s off i dont need a hard brick

Last edited:
Reactions: Sloth

Sloth

Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Please remove your serial number and imei and meid
Uninstall everything HTC reboot your PC then reinstall the drivers and follow step 1 then run the RUU then you're done

Sent from my ElipticNexus7 :p

Last edited:

joehouin

Sep 29, 2013
3340 49969225

replying here so other's can find it. I was getting the "remote: 12 signature verify fail" issue when I would try to RUU on sprint HTC one and this was the fix. I honestly think the current stable of cyanogen is to blame. Hopefully this will help others find this thread as it was a life saver.

upowersystems

Oct 2, 2013
Uninstall SuperSU/Full Unroot

Hello XDA,
I have personally rescued 15-30 devices in the past couple weeks so I'm posting this guide in hopes that it will save some headaches and stress for Sprint users.

2. Get the RUU here click the first link in the thread(extract it to your desktop/open it and click setup it will scan your device,go thru the various screens reading the warnings and checking the boxes, once it starts it will take 10-20 minutes to complete) once it's done you will be back to completely stock.

Optional:

I have a brand new Sprint HTC One. Never even registered it with Sprint. I unlocked it to change carriers, Twerp is installed, Still using stock rom 1.29 version, Had SuperSu 1.63 or 1.65 installed. Today I uninstalled SuperSU as the option said "complete clean to unroot". Twerp still will not flash the OTA 1.31 version. When I installed TWERP also did a backup of the original recovery in the device. How do I proceed from here?.

Sloth

Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
I have a brand new Sprint HTC One. Never even registered it with Sprint. I unlocked it to change carriers, Twerp is installed, Still using stock rom 1.29 version, Had SuperSu 1.63 or 1.65 installed. Today I uninstalled SuperSU as the option said "complete clean to unroot". Twerp still will not flash the OTA 1.31 version. When I installed TWERP also did a backup of the original recovery in the device. How do I proceed from here?.
You have to re-lock to accept the 1.31 update

MeetBala

Oct 3, 2013
What if the message in bootloader mode shows relocked . S- on and i recieve an ota 4.3 update and it does restart but in only in fast boot. Recovery option not accessible.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

upowersystems

Oct 2, 2013
Not Updating

I have never personally taken an OTA so not really sure of the correct procedure

It did not work. I tried the OTA it reboots to the Bootloader and has no option to update. The message is "Tampered" "Relocked" "Security Warning"
Is an OTA important. Will I be able to upgrade to 4.3 without this OTA?

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

It did not work. I tried the OTA it reboots to the Bootloader and has no option to update. The message is "Tampered" "Relocked" "Security Warning"
Is an OTA important. Will I be able to upgrade to 4.3 without this OTA?

What if the message in bootloader mode shows relocked . S- on and i recieve an ota 4.3 update and it does restart but in only in fast boot. Recovery option not accessible.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

Mine also boots directly into fastboot. Recovery option does not open when initiated

pyrobo0by

Jul 31, 2012
With s off I can flash any gsm ROM? Without bricking?

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA,
    I have personally rescued 50+ devices in the past couple weeks so I'm posting this guide in hopes that it will save some headaches and stress for Sprint users.

2. Get the RUU HERE click the first link in the thread(extract it to your desktop/open it and click setup it will scan your device,go thru the various screens reading the warnings and checking the boxes, once it starts it will take 10-20 minutes to complete) once it's done you will be back to completely stock.

Device not recognized?
    On your PC go to device manager and find your phone(usually M7WLS), right click and select properties
    Select the driver tab
    Select update driver
    Select browse my comp
    Let me pick
    Look for ADB USB device or similar should be one of the first couple choices
    Select MyHTC install and you should be good :D

Latest HTC Drivers

Optional:
    or
    flash a Sprint rom from the Sprint forum

Updated 4.3/4.4 Guide found HERE
    no adb

Hello XDA,

Optional:

I cant access adb from recovery even with the sideload feature and have no os to boot to this Is what I get for variables
    C:\platform-tools>fastboot getvar all
    (bootloader) version: 0.5
    (bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
    (bootloader) version-baseband: 1.00.20.0626
    (bootloader) version-cpld: None
    (bootloader) version-microp: None
    (bootloader) version-main: 1.31.651.2
    (bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP
    (bootloader) product: m7_wls
    (bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
    (bootloader) modelid: PN0720000
    (bootloader) cidnum: SPCS_001
    (bootloader) battery-status: good
    (bootloader) battery-voltage: 4327mV
    (bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
    (bootloader) security: on
    (bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
    (bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
    (bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
    all: Done!
    please help and i would rather not get s off i dont need a hard brick
    Ha you are correct sir! I was right clicking on the wrong folder. Both of the same name! Got to change that! Thanks Locked the bootloader. It rebooted. Thats all I need, can update now? Dont need to mess with Twerp recovery?
    Thanks
    I have never personally taken an OTA so not really sure of the correct procedure
    With s off I can flash any gsm ROM? Without bricking?

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Only if it has Sprint support