[Q] SOLVED Long press Menu button remap...

Search This thread

vortmax

Nov 1, 2009
Rochester
I'm trying to find out how to remap the long-press Menu and assign it to Google Now voice activation. I have Wanam Xposed installed with the Xposed Additions Pro, but that doesn't give me a way to remap long-press Menu. I've browsed the files in the keylayout folder, but don't want to perform guesswork in there for obvious reasons.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

kinstre11

Jul 6, 2014
Hobe Sound
I believe I've seen button remapping options in GravityBox for xposed, however I don't use GB as it does not like TouchWiz based roms and many features simply don't function.

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
i use GB with KK and find that almost everything works and you can see the features here

you can also check the Xposed repo where i am sure you can find something here

good luck

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
I'm trying to find out how to remap the long-press Menu and assign it to Google Now voice activation. I have Wanam Xposed installed with the Xposed Additions Pro, but that doesn't give me a way to remap long-press Menu. I've browsed the files in the keylayout folder, but don't want to perform guesswork in there for obvious reasons.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Xposed Additions does allow long press remapping but you can't choose an app for it, just system functions. The easiest way to to it is to just delete S-Voice and it will default to Google Now.

vortmax

Nov 1, 2009
Rochester
Thanks for all the replies...

Xposed Additions does allow long press remapping but you can't choose an app for it, just system functions. The easiest way to to it is to just delete S-Voice and it will default to Google Now.

I've already disabled S-Voice, but now nothing happens when I long press Menu...can't seem to assign anything to it either...even via Xposed Additions Pro...

i use GB with KK and find that almost everything works and you can see the features

Unfortunately I'm on OTA KK (TouchWiz) so it sounds like GB won't work properly

Last edited:

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
Thanks for all the replies...

I've already disabled S-Voice, but now nothing happens when I long press Menu...can't seem to assign anything to it either...even via Xposed Additions Pro...

Unfortunately I'm on OTA KK (TouchWiz) so it sounds like GB won't work properly

I forgot that you also need to delete S-Finder, I have Google Now working on mine with the menu long press.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts