[KERNEL] [3.1.10] [OC@1.5GHz/OV/BFQ/smartassv2/init.d] Atlantis R2

Search This thread

gbroon

Apr 3, 2011
This kernel is for stock ROMs only. It will not work with AOSP/CM.

I might be being a bit stupid but as the stock is a nexus rom isn't it essentially AOSP as AOSP is based on the google source? r have I got it wrong.

Sent from my Transformer while the N7 is lost in the Play Store Black Hole.

16gb N7 UK ordered 3rd July.

primetechv2

Nov 5, 2010
Yes, even stock kernel supports IP tables.

I figured out how to do this, thanks good ol' Google. Unless anybody else is interested I'll just post a general idea here. (And although you didn't give me a direct solution you did cause me to THINK again... in the right direction, the second time around!)

1. Download DroidWall (as well as Orbot).
  2. Go to DroidWall's data folder (data/data/com.googlecode.droidwall.free)
  3. "Cut" the iptables-armv5 file for later pasting
  4. Go to /data/data/org.torproject.android/app_bin/
  5. Paste the iptables-armv5 file in there
  6. Rename the iptables file to iptables.ORIGINAL
  7. Rename the (new) iptables-armv5 file to iptables
  8. Restart Orbot
  9. Problem solved.

...Found it again. http://xdaforums.com/archive/index.php/t-1489042.html

Tornadojoe

Jun 21, 2012
This is my first kernel build ever (not just for the Nexus 7). Just a starting point for more hacking on the Nexus 7.

Getting 4500s on Quadrant and 56 on NenaMark 2.3 running MoDaCo Jr5 4.11 ROM and this kernel. Love this kernel, wanted to hit the Thank button many more times.

Fixed the clock speed resetting to 1300 when the screen shut off using SetCPU app and creating a profile for what happens on Screen Off. Stays MAX at 1500 all the time now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my first kernel build ever (not just for the Nexus 7). Just a starting point for more hacking on the Nexus 7.

Flashable zip package attached.

It should go without saying that anything you do with this package you do at your own risk.

Features
    • Insecure
    • init.d support
    • Overclocked to 1.5GHz
    • Voltage tweaks at OC clocks
    • BFQ scheduler
    • smartassv2 governor
    • lagfree governor
    • Made kernel version not suck

Notes
    You should root and install busybox into /system/xbin before flashing this kernel. Don't flash this if you don't know what you're doing as I'm too lazy to include n00b instructions.

Credits
    Thanks to Virtuous team for their updater-script for this device.

Source
    https://github.com/zaventh/nexus7-kernel-grouper

Blog post
    http://www.jeffmixon.com/custom-nexus-7-kernel-atlantis-r2-released/

Screens
    wQonS.png

59rlP.png

Cheers...
    Great work for a first Kernel :)

Is the extra battery drain worth that .2ghz of extra horsepower? Because i've heard it's a perfectly capable device @ 1.3ghz.

Thanks. Naturally, it's a matter of personal preference of course if it is "worth" it to OC any processor. OC'ing the N7 was more of a "because I can" thing than for any practical reason. The CPU is impressive as is.

The N7 is probably the fastest and most responsive mobile device I've ever seen even at stock, mostly thanks to the hardware but also due to Jelly Bean's ability to leverage this kind of raw power.

The actual battery drain between 1.3GHz -> 1.5GHz will all depend on how much time you spend at those higher clock speeds, of course.
    That CPU score is sexy!

Yes it is... :cool:

Great work! Now I definitely can't wait for my nexus to ship.

Edit: If you could try adding smartassv2. This is a popular governor that I would really enjoy on the nexus 7.

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk 2

Sure. I'll be adding several custom governors to choose from.

P39LK.png

this is compatible with the stock rom right? ik it has to be rooted btw :p

Yes, it's compiled from stock kernel sources.
    Thanks so much man. Can't wait to get my nexus so I can flash this. Hopefully before the 18th which is my birthday. I had heard though that smartass didn't work so well with more than 1 core though. Could you clarify on that.

Sent from my Rezound

Smartass v1 was made for single core cpu's. Smartass v2 was made for dual core cpu's, so v2 might work better on a quad core? V2 doesn't really work all that well on my single core cpu for the phone I have.
    Smartass v1 was made for single core cpu's. Smartass v2 was made for dual core cpu's, so v2 might work better on a quad core? V2 doesn't really work all that well on my single core cpu for the phone I have.

Exactly right. I actually never really liked smartassv2 in general, but I think it is working out fairly well on the N7, actually.

tOdSa.png

This is after just a little bit of game time, some regular usage, and some sleep time. I may need to tweak some of the higher clock values so it scales up a bit more gracefully. At any rate, there will be plenty of options to play around with.