[KERNEL][TMO][AOSP/TW][4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4][07/11/2014] KT747 - ND8 - KTweaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ktoonsez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
Hey KT. Sorry to be a pest but I've found another issue. It appears that, on the 04/03 kernel, CWM recovery does not have access to my SD card. I keep getting errors of not being able to access E:. If I use CM's stock kernel, I have no issues with CWM.

Unfortunately, I can't get a log as the recovery can't write to the SD card.

Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

No way I can fix that at all since the kernel doesnt even get loaded when going into recovery, no clue why it would work when CM kernel is loaded on system since that kernel would not get loaded either when going into recovery. I would suggest trying another recovery.

B

Bass_Man25

KT, I owe you a huge apology. It seems that my problems were related to my device only. I ended up using ODIN to flash back to stock and rebuilt my phone from the ground up. Now everything is working properly (I assume I corrupted something along the way).

Thank you for all of your hard work. It is truly appreciated.

ktoonsez

Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
KT, I owe you a huge apology. It seems that my problems were related to my device only. I ended up using ODIN to flash back to stock and rebuilt my phone from the ground up. Now everything is working properly (I assume I corrupted something along the way).

Thank you for all of your hard work. It is truly appreciated.

No problem man. Help out the next guy that has recovery problems. I bet that solves the problem for everybody. Always seems to be at least 1 post a day about recovery issues. I wish I had control over recovery but I don't :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
No problem man. Help out the next guy that has recovery problems. I bet that solves the problem for everybody. Always seems to be at least 1 post a day about recovery issues. U wish I had control over recovery but I don't :thumbup:
Are you hinting that you are considering a Forey ? :D Sign me up to be the first Guinea Pig :D:D

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Lol, Forey?? If you mean recovery, no, my days of making recoveries are over, the S2 was enough.
Yes I had seen those threads. I should have phrased it better as Re-Forey!:cyclops:

FWIW to those experiencing the "Blue LED" upon Boot, there may be a respite.

Since I updated to the unified CM code based Rom Slimkat version, this issue has disappeared.

Last edited:

avi30na

Nov 1, 2013
Yes I had seen those threads. I should have phrased it better as Re-Forey!:cyclops:

FWIW to those experiencing the "Blue LED" upon Boot, there may be a respite.

Since I updated to the unified CM code based Rom Slimkat version, this issue has disappeared.

Sorry what exactly did u update to?

thank you

k00zk0

Jul 18, 2011
I just clean flashed Slimkat 4.4.2 and then kt747 on top and I'm getting the blue notification on boot. I cleared cache and dalvik but not able to fix permissions as that option is missing from CWM.

Last edited:

k00zk0

Jul 18, 2011
Is it the stable version or the weekly? It has been fixed in the latest weekly.

Stable.

So this is a problem with the ROM and not the kernel? Is there any other problem except for the visual presence of the LED? i.e, is some bad process occurring that causes the LED as well as some performance problem? Because I'd rather use a stable ROM version if it is absolutely just a visual issue.

Last edited:

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Stable.

So this is a problem with the ROM and not the kernel? Is there any other problem except for the visual presence of the LED? i.e, is some bad process occurring that causes the LED as well as some performance problem? Because I'd rather use a stable ROM version if it is absolutely just a visual issue.
With the Weekly, there are absolutely no issues whatsoever. There are no significant user noticeable changes. Well except for this one and some other cosmetic ones. So Its ok if you don't update and are willing to live with this one.

Do Note, this blue LED is expected to last until the Boot process is completed.

Last edited:

vlad2277

Nov 19, 2009
Brooklyn
Guys
I'm newbie with this kernel
Would it work on TW Galaxy s4 4.4.2 ROM?
Not sure, since latest link says tw 4.3 jellybean

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

ktoonsez

Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
4fb98c4be2161.png

Change Log 05.07.2014
1. Kernel sync with CM
2. Ramdisk sync with CM
3. Linux 3.4.86
4. Linux 3.4.87
5. Linux 3.4.88
6. Linux 3.4.89

woodyjlw

Sep 12, 2012
independence MO.
can you flash this on m6 or is this for 0507 only? im still on m6 and it failed on flash with latest twrp twice. downloaded it twice and fixed permissions just in case still failed. 04-03-2014 flashes just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts