HTC HD2 Battery Bank BB G300 & Screen Protector (P300)

Search This thread

Nighthawk

Aug 8, 2004
Sydney
I just ordered this from Expansys. I had a APC unit (similar) to this previously, but it has died on me.

It says that it can recharge the HD2 three times. It comes with both USB and Micro USB connections, allowing it to be used with other USB devices.

Attachments

• b188897.jpg
    b188897.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 673
Last edited:

Nighthawk

Aug 8, 2004
Sydney
Ordered this along with the screen protectors (P300) from Expansys earlier today. Just got email saying that they have shipped from Singapore already.

I just ordered this from Expansys. I had a APC unit (similar) to this previously, but it has died on me.

It says that it can recharge the HD2 three times. It comes with both USB and Micro USB connections, allowing it to be used with other USB devices.

Hey,
What I do is carry a spare charged battery which is small and light. I keep it in Nike waterproof small pouch which is designed to clip to trainer shoe laces... I just keep it in my jean's pocket...

You can get spare batteries with an exteral charger on ebay and whilst these products generally are made in China and sold through Hong Kong, I have never had any problems. I have uses the same arrangment for HTC pda's since my first "HTC" Qtek 9100 all those ROM flashes ago...

Rgs,
J

Nighthawk

Aug 8, 2004
Sydney
Yeah, had one from my devices as well. I wanted something that could provide longer life for long trips vs. carrying a bunch of batteries.

Not sure how those battery units will work with HD2, slow charge I suspect. The HD2 can charge from either a 500mA or a 1A source. I suspect it charges faster rfom the 1A source, which this unit provides.

Wevenhuis

Nov 10, 2009
Groningen
I ordered a whole package from Power Traveller including the solar panels. Have not tested it yet on my HD2 but it should all work out. It works well on my other cell phone, mp3 player etc.

Nighthawk

Aug 8, 2004
Sydney
I just received my items from Expansys, the battery is incredible - really small. To think that the battery can charge the HD2 three complete times on a single charge (2680mAh).

Attachments

• DSC00081.jpg
    DSC00081.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 363
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 373
  • Port.jpg
    Port.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 397
  • green.jpg
    green.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 401

tex777

Nov 13, 2009
I just received my items from Expansys, the battery is incredible - really small. To think that the battery can charge the HD2 three complete times on a single charge (2680mAh).

Nice! Did you actually test the 3 times charging? I have something similar with rechargeable AA batteries but because it also runs from the battery while charging I could only get one charge while it had triple power as the phone.

Nighthawk

Aug 8, 2004
Sydney
Nice! Did you actually test the 3 times charging? I have something similar with rechargeable AA batteries but because it also runs from the battery while charging I could only get one charge while it had triple power as the phone.

I have let it charge off AC, uses the Mini USB port for this - not micro, for upwards of six hours so far. I am going to test it starting tomorrow, leaving on charge over night. I will drain the HD2 by playing a video as long at it will let me, then if there's any power left I'll just play games on it until gone.

Actually, I'll start in the next few minutes as I hadn't planned on going to bed anyway. :rolleyes:

I'll also stick the screen protector on and see how that goes,

Nighthawk

Aug 8, 2004
Sydney
OK, I used the Battery Bank (BB G300) last night to rechage my HD2. After unpacking it and charging for four hours it only would recharge my HD2 one and a half times. According to the paperwork it should charge the HD2 three times.

So, I am going to recharge the Battery Bank overnight and try again.

gtm55

Aug 13, 2006
OK, I used the Battery Bank (BB G300) last night to rechage my HD2. After unpacking it and charging for four hours it only would recharge my HD2 one and a half times. According to the paperwork it should charge the HD2 three times.

So, I am going to recharge the Battery Bank overnight and try again.

The instructions say something about charging 5-6 hours on AC adaptor or 10-11 hours on USB.
By the way I got one too, thanks to Nighthawk for the tip.

bumskee

Oct 29, 2009
SO is this something like an external battery pack? can you still use the phone while charging through this? (obviously I would assume) so it's just a bigger version of the external battery you hook up through usb if you were on the plane for example. and theoretically replace carrying 3 spare batteries?

oh am I on crack and thinking of something entirely different?

Nighthawk

Aug 8, 2004
Sydney
SO is this something like an external battery pack? can you still use the phone while charging through this? (obviously I would assume) so it's just a bigger version of the external battery you hook up through usb if you were on the plane for example. and theoretically replace carrying 3 spare batteries?

oh am I on crack and thinking of something entirely different?

Yes... I tried and it worked... Yes

:)

Nighthawk

Aug 8, 2004
Sydney
The HTC screen protector (P300) is really good. I had to line it up along the long edge of the screen, but it wasn't to difficult to get on.

Highly Recommended!

SOLRAC13

Nov 20, 2009
ORA Lil Sync USB Mobile Power Pack version: 4400 mAh

Can you tel me the difference with ORA Lil Sync USB Mobile Power Pack
version: 4400 mAh http://www.expansys.com.hk/d.aspx?i=162963:rolleyes: i orded it but can switch to yours if it is better thanks

Nighthawk

Aug 8, 2004
Sydney
Can you tel me the difference with ORA Lil Sync USB Mobile Power Pack
version: 4400 mAh http://www.expansys.com.hk/d.aspx?i=162963:rolleyes: i orded it but can switch to yours if it is better thanks

Well, 4400mAh is a lot more than the HTC one (2680mAh). I personaly like the size and the fact it is an HTC device, but that is just me. If you are happy with what you picked I would stay with it. The only thing I would look for is what the output is. To charge HD2 at full speed you need 1A output, not the normal 500mA that most USB devices use. You can use the 500mA charger, but it takes longer.

Nighthawk

Aug 8, 2004
Sydney
I would have gotten one of these:

http://www.ladyada.net/make/mintyboost/

http://www.fujicom.com/Web/Catalog....=Battaries&ProductCategory=179&ProductId=1089

Both have a universal usb socket that should be able to charge any device,
and - you can use rechargable batteries in it, or, in case of a real emergency,
buy regular AA batteries and just use them.

The HTC unit has standard USB port as well. The ability to add AA batteries is nice, but I am not in need of this at the moment.