Otterbox coming soon for Tmo(US) HTC HD2

Search This thread

grybrd1

May 23, 2010
Zarathustrax Question

Are you sure it's the US version, and not the version for the original euro/UK HD2? The US version is not even available on the otterbox website yet, so I doubt it would be on ebay.

You have the Noreve case on your Tmobile HD2. You have noted it fits but that some things are not centered because of the size difference. Could you please be more specific. I assume the items not centered are the volume switch, the camera, flash, and the speaker on the back and on the front. How bad is it? I do not mind some things being a little off center, but I would be concerned it the speaker is being blocked, if the rim around the camera lens does not clear the square opening in the backing, if the flash is partially blocked, of if an edge of the volume switch is slightly under the plastic siding - or its operation is inhibited by how close it is to the plastic siding.

Thank you.

Eroc162

Jan 19, 2008
I heard some one say the int. commuter case will fit the us version, but i have not tried so dont quote me!

Thats what I have. I ordered the case from otterbox as soon as I got the email that it was available. When I finished the order I went back to the site and found out it was for the International HD2. I called otterbox back and they told me it was already shipped so when I recieve it to just refuse it. Anyway something told me to try it out and it fit. I had the case for about a month already and I think it great.

Tm5078

Apr 15, 2010
minnesota
Thats what I have. I ordered the case from otterbox as soon as I got the email that it was available. When I finished the order I went back to the site and found out it was for the International HD2. I called otterbox back and they told me it was already shipped so when I recieve it to just refuse it. Anyway something told me to try it out and it fit. I had the case for about a month already and I think it great.

could you post some pics :cool:

zarathustrax

Aug 29, 2007
SouthSide of Chicago
You have the Noreve case on your Tmobile HD2. You have noted it fits but that some things are not centered because of the size difference. Could you please be more specific. I assume the items not centered are the volume switch, the camera, flash, and the speaker on the back and on the front. How bad is it? I do not mind some things being a little off center, but I would be concerned it the speaker is being blocked, if the rim around the camera lens does not clear the square opening in the backing, if the flash is partially blocked, of if an edge of the volume switch is slightly under the plastic siding - or its operation is inhibited by how close it is to the plastic siding.

Thank you.

The speakers and camera are not blocked at all... just off-center, along with the volume buttons. Everything is accessable and usable. The noreve case fits well enough that at first glance you hardly notice anything off center. it's only a mm or 2 difference.

Paten

Apr 16, 2010
Tampa, FL
Just in case anyone still cares, Otterbox now lists a Defender series case for the T-Mobile US HD2 "coming soon" on their website. What their definition of "soon" is, I don't know.

Jake.vygnan

Jun 12, 2010
Well Commuter doesn't cover your screen, but defender does. so i would go with defender.:cool: BTW it comes with the stylus holder what is so nice! can't wait to get one! if you have any info please, please let us know when it will be in stock! Thanks

Otterbox Defender ...
1. How does that screen protection work ? Is it plastic ? silicone ? Glass ?
2. How does screen protection affect HD2 screen response ?
3. Is screen protection removable ?
4. How much bulk Defender has ?

I like that Defender comes with holster, but concerned with screen protection and how it affects usability

djwurm

Feb 28, 2010
I have never used an otterbox before but just looking at the pictures the Defender looks really bulky.

The HD2 is big enough as it is. The Commuter looks alot better in regards to bulk. I Will order a commuter when it comes out

Eroc162

Jan 19, 2008
I bought the international case and it fit my usa hd2 perfect But it broke after a month and they sent me another one which I sold. So I just ordered the international defender case and I should get it early next week so I will keep you posted.

Attachments

• IMG_2768.jpg
    IMG_2768.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_2770.jpg
    IMG_2770.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 139
  • IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 136
  • IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 141

BIOYAM

Dec 3, 2007
Earth!
@Eroc162,
Thanks for the pics and I look forward to the Defender ones too.
I am personally tired of waiting for Otterbox's products.... and I am currently looking at other solutions, but am curious to know if the international Defender version fits the US version properly.

~~Tito~~

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 30, 2007
@Eroc162,
Thanks for the pics and I look forward to the Defender ones too.
I am personally tired of waiting for Otterbox's products.... and I am currently looking at other solutions, but am curious to know if the international Defender version fits the US version properly.

I would wait for the USA version, it might have everything rezied to fit it perfectly. The defender case buttons look a bit stretched on the USA HD2.

coquipr

May 4, 2008
Orlando, Florida
it gets frustraiting at times when they keep saying comming soon on one and before that one comes they report another one and none of them come yet.

tannim31

Apr 9, 2008
I couldn't find my first email to them but here is a recent one I sent...

Hello, I wrote to you a few months ago regarding the HTC HD2 US case. I am still a little unsure why the HTC HD2 Commuter and or Defender case is still "Coming Soon" and the International cases are out in both series. You would think it would be the other way around being a phone released in the U.S.

A perturbed HD2(US)owner

And their less than satisfying their reply....

At this point we do not have any information when that case will be released. I would say to keep an eye on our website, as it will have the most up to date information on any new releases that we may have.

Thank you,

Trent Bratten

kinda pissed about it.

Paten

Apr 16, 2010
Tampa, FL
The European one was released first because the phone was released there first. It will be out when it's out. If you are tired of waiting, buy something else.

BrianYost24

Jun 28, 2010
Brooklyn
im actually really tired of waiting... i really want this case but what are they waiting for to produce it? a newer version of the phone to come out or everyone to break there phones while waiting for it... i understand they have to make it but its really not that different from the international version.. so in short.. GET WITH THE PROGRAM OTTERBOX!!!