[APP] pTasks Development & Support thread

Search This thread

_tangent

Dec 3, 2009
now that you mention it, it looks like I have actually manually installed CF 3.5 on my hd2, so perhaps it doesn't come preinstalled after all.

Understood. I'll get that installed first then! Looks like a cracking app. Was only saying a couple of days ago to a friend of mine that i was surprised they hadn't skinned the tasks, having done everything else.

Might try and get into a bit of winmo development myself. Software development is my day job, mainly C++ in the windows/visual studio world, but also a bit of .net (C#) and some java.

ecmaba64

May 12, 2006
Understood. I'll get that installed first then! Looks like a cracking app. Was only saying a couple of days ago to a friend of mine that i was surprised they hadn't skinned the tasks, having done everything else.

Might try and get into a bit of winmo development myself. Software development is my day job, mainly C++ in the windows/visual studio world, but also a bit of .net (C#) and some java.

strongly suggest it. programming for WM with visual studio is a pleasure, you can even remotely debug an app running on your phone over bluetooth :)

Beefheart

Dec 5, 2007
England
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Net 3.5 does not come pre-installed, you need to download the PC version and install it, this will automatically install onto the HD2 when you next synchronise. But you then need to manually edit the registry as I indicated on the previous page (quoted below) before performing a soft reset. If you don't edit the registry, the HD2 will continue to use Net 2.0 despite the install.

Did you make the necessary manual change to the registry?

[Mobile Device\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework]\2.0.7045.00 - change value from 1 to 0.

[Mobile Device\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework]\3.5.7283.00 - change value from 0 to 1.

Reset.

ecmaba64

May 12, 2006
Net 3.5 does not come pre-installed, you need to download the PC version and install it, this will automatically install onto the HD2 when you next synchronise. But you then need to manually edit the registry as I indicated on the previous page (quoted below) before performing a soft reset. If you don't edit the registry, the HD2 will continue to use Net 2.0 despite the install.

hmmm I don't remember doing the registry bit on mine.

_tangent

Dec 3, 2009
strongly suggest it. programming for WM with visual studio is a pleasure, you can even remotely debug an app running on your phone over bluetooth :)

Now that sounds useful! I'm guessing some sort of visual studio debugging client ap needs to be installed on the phone to write the debug output out to bluetooth?

Cheers for the info pagnell! I had seen your post about the reg keys on the previous page, but wasn't aware of the "install on pc and sync" procedure to get the newer .net onto the phone in the first place!

ronald_adi

Oct 19, 2008
Did you make the necessary manual change to the registry?

[Mobile Device\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework]\2.0.7045.00 - change value from 1 to 0.

[Mobile Device\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework]\3.5.7283.00 - change value from 0 to 1.

Reset.

thanks. it works now. Apparently the file i got hold of was an ARM instead of PPC.

czbird

Feb 9, 2006
it would be nice if the task list was word wrapped. can i hope for this? thanks :)

Quark987

Apr 26, 2006
Automatic refresh

Hi again,

I'd like an option which can be used to set automatic refresh when the app gets focus. This is a supplement to the manual refresh that must be used today.

Best regards
Lars

ecmaba64

May 12, 2006
new version is up, with proper settings management (of which I am rather proud of) and a settings window. this should simplify further development by a LOT.

Last edited:

brooon

May 11, 2009
Hey pangel83! :)

Thank you very much for your efforts, it´s aready a really useful app!!

One question: would it be possible to include a "delete" function? I´m really missing the possibility to completely remove old tasks from the list (not just to hide the finished tasks!)

ecmaba64

May 12, 2006
Hey pangel83! :)

Thank you very much for your efforts, it´s aready a really useful app!!

One question: would it be possible to include a "delete" function? I´m really missing the possibility to completely remove old tasks from the list (not just to hide the finished tasks!)

I am still undecided about this. I take security very seriously, particularly since some people automatically synchronise their tasks with an exchange server. It is a bit more difficult to accidentally cause data loss through the task editor... Until I decide what road to take, the absence of a task delete is a feature, not a bug :)

I do welcome opinions though! If I ever allow task deletions, I will at least offer an option to ask for a password first.

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
Love you! :) Now can you add a clever procedure so that tasks really are getting done. :p

BTW I noticed that you are sorting the tasks alphabetically, can you create an option to sort them by priority?