HiddenMenuWifiOffload Verizon Wi-Fi PopUp

Search This thread

Diversion

Mar 2, 2010
Im pretty sure you can disable the pop up through the settings menu? Once I did it it never showed up again.

mikec86

Dec 15, 2010
You can also make a shortcut to this on your homescreen.

Add shortcut> activity> servicemode> hiddenmenuwifioffload.

I think this has more to do with the handoff between mobile and WiFi than the nag notification.

Just guessing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

mikec86

Dec 15, 2010
My bad, I forgot I was running apex launcher. It allows you to add more shortcuts than touchwiz.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app uploadfromtaptalk1342486819594.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342486819594.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342486819594.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,712
Reactions: ImgBurn

stupidchicken03

Jun 18, 2011
In the SAC of CA
www.i-club.com
Will try in a few mins

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Ok doing that made the pop up stop.. but is there a way to get the "Tap to turn wifi on" notification off in the notification bar?

tillithz

Sep 4, 2009
Oakland
lol its so funny to see all these different ways to disable wifioffloading..... btw, this way doesnt work on all verzion (depending on root/non rooted and which way you rooted)

you could just post in a single thread on how to do this... like was done already, not sure a whole new thread was needed but whatever.

stevenjcampbell

Apr 6, 2011
thanks. What does this DO exactly, does it get rid of the nagging to connect to wifi, or just do something to the way that the phone handles the transfers.

Apps seem to react differently to wifi/cellular data networks. Chrome stops downloading files if you step too far out of wifi for example.

xsteven77x

Jul 2, 2010
Pittsburgh
Wow this is awesome. I am not rooted nor do I want to and this is the first thing I have found for us stock users!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

ImgBurn

Aug 10, 2011
West Of Phily South Jersey
Last edited:
Reactions: JustCause

annoyingduck

Aug 15, 2012
Boston, MA Area
This could be amazing because I hate that stupid pop up, but when I type it in nothing happens. Even tried pushing send. Running synergy r71 nightly with dark Horse theme. Could the theme be the issue?

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Disregard that post, I am a moron! Did not see the * before the # in the post.

dcmbullet

Mar 24, 2011
delaware
funny im stock non rooted and i dont get hte pop up and the notification is gone for me as well. i disabled a bunch of stuff i dont use on my phone so im not sure if that did it but one day both things were just gone and i have hard reset my phone and it was there in the beginning and then it disappears after i re set everything up

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This no longer works after
    ICS update I535 VRALG7

To remove the wifi popup,open the dialer and enter the following code:
    *#6335623# :good: this will open "HiddenMenuWifiOffload" menu select
    "Disable WifiOffloading" press OK :highfive:
    You can also make a shortcut to this on your homescreen.

Add shortcut> activity> servicemode> hiddenmenuwifioffload.

I think this has more to do with the handoff between mobile and WiFi than the nag notification.

Just guessing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
    Doesn't work for me and took the he update. Any ideas?
    They removed the hidden menu and put the option to turn off back in wifi settings. Long press wifi and uncheck notify. Popup will be gone. Guess they couldn't take the heat they were getting over it any longer. :laugh:
    Didn't work for me...
    For some reason this worked on my original phone, which turned defective, then my "certified like new" Samsung Galaxy S3 arrived, and this trick didn't work - the menu doesn't pop up when I enter the code .. hitting send does no good, of course .. & I have no interest in rooting my phone .. any advice or help? .. please .. ??? anyone ... ???

AbbyRae6970,

Welcome to the forums !:)

This is no longer working after ICS update I535 VRALG7.:(
    I will update OP sorry about that.

Some claim success by:
    Long press wifi and uncheck notify. Popup should be gone.

Otherwise You will need to root .

======================================================