[ROM]ICS-"FLEX-A100-REAPER-RELIX_Rev2 (15-Sep-2012)ntfs-3Gusb-GoogleNow,.......

Search This thread

.Gibson.

Mar 24, 2012
Chicago
.......................................................................he is. LOL

In other news it worked perfectly. Thanks! The name of the file "install_recovery" made me nervous. I don't think the original one does anything though.

The original install-recovery restores the original recovery when the tablet has been put through a restart. You can see then why Civato removes it from his rom.

niteh@wk

Oct 14, 2011
First of all, this ROM is the bomb. Thanks so much for all the work putting into this. I couldn't wait any longer for the official OTA ICS update from Acer so I flashed the leaked ICS but that didn't fix the touchscreen issue so I flashed this ROM. Everything is working perfectly. I did flashed the unsecured boot.img to get full S-Off root access to update system files since AdAway couldn't update the hosts file.

Now my only issue is I cannot use the Wifi tethered from my phone. It connects and gets an IP but cannot access the internet. It worked fine with the original leaked ICS. Anyone has any idea what I need to do to be able to use my phone's tethered Wifi?

EDITED: sorry, false alarm. It was my phone's fault. My laptop couldn't use the tethered connection either. Somehow the DNS wasn't working. I changed the tablet to use Google's public DNS and it worked like a charm.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

Last edited:

zleto

Feb 20, 2012
It's working for me and actually i use it often.But i'm with the stock boot.img re-rooted.
I will unroot and will flash unsecured boot.img to test it.

tony_2018

Aug 17, 2009
Make sure the tablet isn't rooted .
Can someone test this boot.img , it's patched and tweaked for faster quadrant benchmarks but more important patched so there is no RW protection.
Meaning, just install SuperUser and you got root , no need to run the "easy root tool"

Flash with cwm
I also put the stock kernel in there.
If it works no need to run easy root tool and to unroot just flash the stock boot.img , should be that easy.
Flash right after installation of rom.

Please let me know.

Crap so I'm fully rooted, I can't use this rom?:confused:

zleto

Feb 20, 2012
niteh@wk.It's working perfectly.May be the problem it's in the settings of your thethered connection.

tony_2018No civato just eliminate the re-root operation with this boot.img, which is need to be done with the stock one.

Great job civato! It's working perfectly. I reflashed the ROM and aplied unsecured boot.img everything's working like it should.

And one question.I'm trying to add aditional languages to the UI. I recompiled framework-res and push it back to the tablet but it's not working like i want.That what i recieve is patrial translation (all google apps are translated) but most of the elements of UI are still on english.What else i should do to make it translate everything like the other languages included like French or Russian?
Or evrything should be build from source?
I don't know. If someone can point me to something I'll be grateful!

Last edited:

civato

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2011
niteh@wk.It's working perfectly.May be the problem it's in the settings of your thethered connection.

tony_2018No civato just eliminate the re-root operation with this boot.img, which is need to be done with the stock one.

Great job civato! It's working perfectly. I reflashed the ROM and aplied unsecured boot.img everything's working like it should.

And one question.I'm trying to add aditional languages to the UI. I recompiled framework-res and push it back to the tablet but it's not working like i want.That what i recieve is patrial translation (all google apps are translated) but most of the elements of UI are still on english.What else i should do to make it translate everything like the other languages included like French or Russian?
Or evrything should be build from source?
I don't know. If someone can point me to something I'll be grateful!
It's not only framework , I will try to build a custom new release with more languages in.And the new acer iCS keyboard with special signs.
Also the full root kernel will be build in.
Will try to make it the following days.

niteh@wk

Oct 14, 2011
It's not only framework , I will try to build a custom new release with more languages in.And the new acer iCS keyboard with special signs.
Also the full root kernel will be build in.
Will try to make it the following days.

Awesome! Looking forward to it...

Thanks to unlocked bootloader, custom recovery, flexreaper rom, my A100 no longer lays around collecting dust.

Sent from my A100 using xda premium

greyoldchief

"PLEASE FOLLOW THIS TO THE LETTER , if not acer ring and other stuff won't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Installation,
first take a full nandroid backup !!!!!
-wipe all , factory reset , format !!
-flash rom first with cwm or RA recovery
-flash extra system apps if you want them"

Can I flash this with TWRP v2.1.0?

Forget I asked. I flashed CWM.

Thanks anyway!

Last edited:

wchildress

Mar 17, 2006
Charleston
Flashing this ROM

Is there not another way to flash this ROM? I am rooted with superuser, though not sure how to use all of it. I also have Titanium Backup, and ES File Explorer. However, all of my computers are 64bit and I am having problems with cwm, not sure if 1 has to do with the other. Is there not a way just to save it to a sd card and rename it like all the rest of the ROM's? I want the Acer ring and all of the other good stuff not included with the leaked ICS.

utctigers

Jul 2, 2008
Columbia, SC
Is there not another way to flash this ROM? I am rooted with superuser, though not sure how to use all of it. I also have Titanium Backup, and ES File Explorer. However, all of my computers are 64bit and I am having problems with cwm, not sure if 1 has to do with the other. Is there not a way just to save it to a sd card and rename it like all the rest of the ROM's? I want the Acer ring and all of the other good stuff not included with the leaked ICS.

I think CWM(unless there is some other recovery other than stock) is the only way as of now to flash a rom. Are you running the ICS Leak?

wchildress

Mar 17, 2006
Charleston
It is unlocked now, I guess I missed a step. I am still not sure how to get CWM on it. And then I am not familiar with how to flash ROMs by using a backup.

Joecascio2000

It is unlocked now, I guess I missed a step. I am still not sure how to get CWM on it. And then I am not familiar with how to flash ROMs by using a backup.

You need to read a lot more. Download this rom to your internal memory.

1) Read and follow the steps here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1601663

It's super easy and should not take more than a minute to install.

2) After that reboot into recovery using an app from the market called quickboot.

3) [IN RECOVERY] Using Volume Up and Down to move and power button to select the item you want to do:
****Before anything make a nandroid backup. It's under backup and restore.
First, Wipe data/factory reset
Second, wipe cache partition
Third, go to advance and wipe dalvik cache
Fourth, go back and then choose install zip from sd card.
Fifth, choose zip for sd card.
Sixth, navagate to where you saved this rom and select it. NOW Flash.​

*note the instructions say to format but from my experience you don't have to format anything.

There those are the instructions. I recommend looking through recovery and getting yourself familiar with the options in the menus. I tmay look like a lot but it is really quite simple. And once you know how to flash ROMs, it'll take less than a minute to flash a new one.

Reactions: wchildress

wchildress

Mar 17, 2006
Charleston
I have flashed ROMs many times before, I have just always done it from saving to an sd card and renaming it, then booting into recovery and the tablet would take care of the rest. I want this ROM and it doesn't seem that simple. I assume this way you loose all info? And I cannot find Nandroid Backup anywhere...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE:
    I don't have a A100 so I cannot fully test it , I test this rom on my A500 and G100W with a boot.img for those devices.
    This rom is a full base of the leaked ICS rom for the A100
    Active support is not my thing as I don't have a lot of time with 3 roms going on.
    But if I can I will jump in and try to help
    civ.

PLEASE FOLLOW THIS TO THE LETTER , if not acer ring and other stuff won't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Installation,

first take a full nandroid backup !!!!!
    -wipe all , factory reset , format !!
    -flash rom first with cwm or RA recovery
    -flash extra system apps if you want them

FLEX-A100-REAPER-RELIX_Rev2
    checksum:2A9534A077AE31D68A12820803ADEA2F *FLEX-A100-REAPER-RELIX_Rev2.zip
    Naked rom with no extra's , use the AROMA packages to customize your tablet.
    Default kernel in rom is
    gm-V2.0 @ 1.2GHz default speed (can be oc'ed with app to 1.5GHz)
    Lulzactive governor as default with tweak script for very smooth handling.

NOTE:
    All the old mods and flashpackes are still supported

NO EXTRA APPS OR WIDGETS, USE AROMA TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR TABLET.
    Apps in data: EsFileExplorer , Terminal , ToshibaMediPlayer, moboplayer , Google+ , GoogleStreet , Maps , soundhound , Photoeditor , PolarisOffice , TB, PlayStore , Cubecalculator, Touchscreenfixer,Titanium backup , quickboot

Rom BASE
    AND based on my FLEXREAPER ROM for the A500
    Rom Features:
    -FULL 1.014.00-ROM
    -gm-V2.0 kernel @ 1.2GHz
    -Latest GooglePlayMusic
    -2 Launchers to pick from , stock Launcher , Apex.
    I modded these 2 Launchers so they show correct Icons of GoogleNow.
    -Android 4.0.4 keyboard
    -Busybox 1.20.2-New busybox installer configure busybox to be the primary and not toolbox.
    -Build.prop updated for smoother scrolling and dalvik tweaks for deodexed rom.
    -Framework-res mod (menu background)
    -DHCP lease patch for wifi @ezterry
    -Rooted , su 3.2
    -Full deodexed -zipaligned
    -Init.d support
    -Tweaks for memory , internet ,....
    -Crypted gps optimazation patch if GPS still don't work fine look here
    -Native-Add-Hoc wifi support or use this extra Ad-Hoc patch if original doesn't work , flash with CWM
    -Native ntfs support for all kernels , stock Acer , ezT20 and gm-A500-1.5..(Thanks to thor2002ro for vold )
    -Development option settings,merci vache
    -Little mods to framework and AcerRing by me(in aroma package)
    -AcerPrint
    -AcerRing , merci vachepour guidée
    -ASUS Taskmanager(in aroma package)
    -Asus weather widget(in aroma package)
    -New Acer , movie , picture , file and music manager (in aroma package)
    -Acer planner (in aroma package)
    -SonyBraviaEngine
    -Google-Now
    Thanks to these peoplehere and this is the "M7 - Mikeyxda's version7."
    (modded by civato for better icon layout)
    pppWidget for 3Gusb dongle support
    -Adrenaline Engine and V6Supercharger tweaks
    V6: init.r ramdisk tweaks
    Adrenaline engine: Darky_zipalign(aligns new installed apps on boot) .

Terminal tools
    If the auto gps update and mimtempfiles remover don't do there job do the following=
    -New GPS updater (lto) terminal command is = su (enter) gps-update(enter)
    -Mimetempfile-remover (exchange e-mail temp files) terminal command is = su(enter) remove-mimetempfiles(enter)
    Backup tool:
    (not full nandroid backups but a system or data backup that you can flash later in cwm with custom restore if you screwed up something) (saved in sdcard/clockworkmod/ )
    *Making a cwm system backup without the need to go to cwm and reboot.= command is su (enter) systembackup (enter)
    *Making a cwm data backup without the need to go to cwm and reboot.= command is su (enter) databackup (enter)
    *clean system (dalvikcache and cache)= command is su (enter) sclean (enter) (from V6 supercharger)

CUSTOMIZING AROMA PACKAGES
    A100 users will need to reflash correct acerRing if they use a theme.

FLEX-THEME_INSTALLER-ver2 (58MB)
    install 9 different themes , enable/disable AcerRing and a choise of 3 different bootanimations.

FLEX-WIDGAPP-INSTALLER-ver2(274MB):
    install all the Acer apps , extra apps and Widgets that you want . (Games/Acer file managers are installed in data so can be removed from within the app drawer)

FLEX-WIDGAPP-INSTALLER_noGames-ver2(130MB)
    (Same as package above but no games so file is smaller)

FLEX-WIPER-ver2: (3.8MB)
    Use this if you want to remove any of the apps or widgets you installed with the FLEX-WIDGAPP-INSTALLER (except , games/Acer file managers are removed from within the app drawer)
    You want for any strange reason the stock kernel.
    FULL STOCK FULL ROOT kernel (no Overclocking or tweaks on this one)

CHANGELOG

Code:
    8-Apr-2012- First release full A100 based rom with same features as Flexreaper for the A500

20-Apr-2012: R2 released
    -Quick-GPS lock on mod
    -Apps updated 
    -Battery% mod and modded layout
    -Development settings
    -AcerPlaner problem fixed
    -GPS log disabled (if not you will get loads of files in data/gps that don't do anything)
    -Quickboot app and Equalizer added in data
    -Tweaked kernel for better quadrant score (if you got problems flash the stock kernel)
    -etc........

24-Apr-2012: New mods

25-Apr-2012: R3 released
    -Full 1.014.00 build .
    -Deodexed , zipaligned
    -All features of R2
    -Tweaked kernel for higher Quadrant scores
    -TRANSPARANT mod - BlueMirror buttons - Battery% - Raster menu background , ...........
    -etc..........

26-Apr-2012: R3.1 , problem with Acerring volume mute solved , sorry for the trouble

-8-May-2012: RF1 released.
    -Full language support and special optional Acer keyboard for Asian users.
    -Tweaked kernel and FULL root , No need for running a root tool to gain root.
    -Ito.dat gps fix build in kernel and system (patch was provided by waydownsouth )
    -New ring layout and build in transparant mod.
    -Optional ring mods ; Dancer and Gasmask (see ring mod section.
    -Gps logcat disabled as it just dumps temp files.
    -Optimazations........

-9-May-2012: New White mod -transparant - MASK menu background (as requested)
    -and added the RF1-default look if you want to go back to RF1 look after a mod flash.

-10-May-2012: New RED MOD and New WHITE mod see Special MODS

27-May-2012: NEW RELEASE FLEX-A100-REAPER-EXTREME-EDITION: (Also available as patch for your RF1 installation so you don't need to install full rom)
    --OC kernel up to 1504MHz with I/O tweaks @ezterry and civato
     -Modules updates
     -Lib updates
     -Init update
     -Update build.prop
     -Update flexrom
     -New Acer , movie , picture , file and music manager (removable like any app from the market)
    If the auto gps update and mimtempfiles remover don't do there job do the following=
     -Mimetempfile-remover (exchange e-mail temp files) terminal command is = su(enter) remove-mimtempfiles(enter)
     -etc....

-Added AcerRing enabler and disabler

2-Jun-2012: Acer rings optimized for A100 resolution.
    1-Jul-2012: RELIX goodbye rom for you all , see above for changes .
    Also the customization aroma packages as RELIX is a naked rom

15-Sep-2012:
    New full rom update:
    FLEX-A100-REAPER-Rev2
    Please see rom features for full detail as a lot changed in this release.
    -gm-V2.0 kernel @ 1.2GHz
    -V6 modded services.jar for better responce
    -Lulzactive tweaks.
    -Update gps tweaker (see terminal tools)
    -GoogleNow
    -ntfs usb support should work on any kernel
    -3Gusb ppp-Widget for use with 3Gusb dongle (huawei , ......)

SCREENSHOTS

RF1 default layout(ACERRING ON A100 WILL BE DIFFERENT DUE TO RESOLUTION DIFFERENCE , no outer ring !!!) (Transparant mod , etc....)
    RF1-black.png

RF1-a100-1.png

RF1-A100-2.png
    Mods-sig.jpg

(all mods work with all R.. versions)​
    Before you flash a mod you reboot first and use the ring, then you go back to recovery to flash the mod
    Special editions(Active topbar is smaller in some apps with these white mods)

White statusbar mod + white text and battery % mod+ special R11 edition mod
    White-modtext.png

White statusbar mod (circle-battery% stock buttons)
    R11-WHITE-stockbutton-Circlebat.png

White statusbar mod (circle-battery% -custom buttons)
    R11-custombutton-circlebat.png

WHITE MASK MOD STOCK BUTTONS (PLEASE FLASH A100 RING OVER THE MOD FOR RESOLUTION DIFFERENCE , see ring mods)

WHITE-MASK-MOD-3.png

WHITE MASK MOD CUSTOM BUTTONS

WHITE-MASK-MOD.png

RED MOD (transparant , Red text , buttons , etc.........) (PLEASE FLASH A100 RING OVER THE MOD FOR RESOLUTION DIFFERENCE , see ring mods)

RedMod1.png

RedMod3.png

RedMod2.png

WHITE-MOD (Transparant , White text , etc....) (PLEASE FLASH A100 RING OVER THE MOD FOR RESOLUTION DIFFERENCE , see ring mods)
    WHiteMod1.png

WhiteMod2.png

WhiteMod3.png
    ACER RINGS​

NOTE: FOR THE A100 THE RING LAYOUT GOT NO TRANSPARRANT OUTER RING DUE TO RESOLUTION DIFFERENCE .
    THIS WAY LANDSCAPE AND PORTRAIT LOOK IS OK.

Example of A100 ring layout with no outer ring
    Gasmask
    A100resolutionring2.png

Gold R12.5
    A100resolutionring.png

AcerRing-A100-Black

AcerRing-A100-Dancer

AcerRing-A100-BlackBlue

AcerRing-A100-GasMAsk

AcerRing-A100-Gold-R6Look

AcerRing-A100-GOLD-R12.5

AcerRing-A100-GoldRing-R10

AcerRing-A100-GreenBlue

AcerRing-A100-GreyBlue-R10Look

AcerRing-A100-RED-ring FOR USE WITH RED MOD

AcerRing-A100-TiTanium-R9look

AcerRing-A100-White FOR USE WITH WHITE MOD
    New

Updated FLEX-A100-REAPER-RELIX
    Rev2.
    These are all the features , see OP for more detail
    All apps updated and some apps moved to data/app to keep a cleaner system on update

Rom Features:

-FULL 1.014.00-ROM
    -gm-V2.0 kernel @ 1.2GHz
    -Latest GooglePlayMusic
    -2 Launchers to pick from , stock Launcher , Apex.
    I modded these 2 Launchers so they show correct Icons of GoogleNow.
    -Android 4.0.4 keyboard
    -Busybox 1.20.2-New busybox installer configure busybox to be the primary and not toolbox.
    -Build.prop updated for smoother scrolling and dalvik tweaks for deodexed rom.
    -Rooted , su 3.2
    -Full deodexed -zipaligned
    -Init.d support
    -Tweaks for memory , internet ,....
    -Crypted gps optimazation patch if GPS still don't work fine look here
    -Native-Add-Hoc wifi support or use this extra Ad-Hoc patch if original doesn't work , flash with CWM
    -Native ntfs support for all kernels , stock Acer , ezT20 and gm-A500-1.5..(Thanks to thor2002ro for vold )
    -Development option settings,merci vache
    -Little mods to framework and AcerRing by me(in aroma package)
    -AcerPrint
    -AcerRing , merci vachepour guidée
    -ASUS Taskmanager(in aroma package)
    -Asus weather widget(in aroma package)
    -New Acer , movie , picture , file and music manager (in aroma package)
    -Acer planner (in aroma package)
    -SonyBraviaEngine
    -Google-Now
    Thanks to these peoplehere and this is the "M7 - Mikeyxda's version7."
    (modded by civato for better icon layout)
    pppWidget for 3Gusb dongle support
    -Adrenaline Engine and V6Supercharger tweaks
    V6: init.r ramdisk tweaks
    Adrenaline engine: Darky_zipalign(aligns new installed apps on boot) .
    Bye Bye

Goodbye rom RELIX see OP (as you all deserve it like the A500 users)

Naked rom with no extra's , use the AROMA packages to customize your tablet.

NOTE:
    All the old mods and flashpackes are still supported

-Matching wallpaper
    -New ezterry 1.0.0kernel
    -Android 4.0.4 keyboard
    -Default 1.2GHz speed but can be overclocked to 1.5GHz
    -the 1.2GHz is not really a overclock for our tablet , acer always underclocked it , see here NVIDIA specs for the Tegra2.
    -Busybox 1.20.1
    -Mimetempfile-remover (exchange e-mail temp files) terminal command is = su(enter) remove-mimetempfiles(enter)
    -SUPERUSER 3.1.3 (in data) If for some reason root doesn't work , wait a minute or update the "su binary" from with in the superuser app
    -Added 4.1 JellyBean Android Music2Player and New Playstore (market) and GenieWidget
    If I got time I will update rom , so you can change the build.prop without losing the AcerRing.

Been very busy so will be in a few days.