[Q] why need to update with Karnel and what is OC ??

Search This thread
Dec 24, 2013
Right now I am android 4.1.1 and now I am going to update a ROM which is of 4.2.x but in every thread I have seen that first flash with kernel. Why we need to flash with karnel . In earlier many tym I have flashed many different ROMs but I never flash any kernel and without flashing kernel my ROMs are working fine in my device so why we need to flash kernel and what is OC mean over clock?? Thanks in advance..

help chahiyo

Dec 29, 2013
You need to flash 4.2.x kernel so that your device runs according to rom. Kernels are like brains. They control how your device works. Si flash an appropriate 4.2.x kernel when you flash a 4.2 rom. And yes OC means overcloak. It basically is a process of increasing your processor speed more than usual. Lets say if your processor is 1ghz, you overcloak it to 1.2 ghz. OC may speed your device, but it also creates heating problem and battery drainage quick. Hit thanks if i helped.

Sent from my Canvas 2 working on stock jellybean 4.1.1

Reactions: tamhar

tamhar

Feb 21, 2014
where can i get 4.2.x kernel? could anybody please give me the link...
i want to flash rom 4.2.2 but the dev didn't give any 4.2.x kernal..
tq

Mak_47

Feb 24, 2014
Please giv me latest 4.2.x kernel..
Thankx

Sent from my Micromax A110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need to flash 4.2.x kernel so that your device runs according to rom. Kernels are like brains. They control how your device works. Si flash an appropriate 4.2.x kernel when you flash a 4.2 rom. And yes OC means overcloak. It basically is a process of increasing your processor speed more than usual. Lets say if your processor is 1ghz, you overcloak it to 1.2 ghz. OC may speed your device, but it also creates heating problem and battery drainage quick. Hit thanks if i helped.

Sent from my Canvas 2 working on stock jellybean 4.1.1
    Hi,

Please PM me link of latest kernel and steps to flash it. Thanks.
    do a little work guys. download bindassboost kernel for 4.2.x devices. on that thread u will find the instructions too. unless u do something yourselves u may not understand something and may screw up.
    do a little work guys. download bindassboost kernel for 4.2.x devices. on that thread u will find the instructions too. unless u do something yourselves u may not understand something and may screw up.

Thanks. I found the kernel and updated it. Suvi ROM is working fine after this without issues. Free RAM is mostly above 200MB
    Thanks. I found the kernel and updated it. Suvi ROM is working fine after this without issues. Free RAM is mostly above 200MB
    btw suvi rom has been discontinued so u wont get updates. hit thanks dont just say.