[Q] New Sprint Phone Unlimited Tethering?

Search This thread

Culebra Ben

Feb 28, 2014
Hi All,

I live in a remote area and need an unlimited connection for home use... The Sprint network is great here, however the "unlimited" plan limits tethering to 5gb. I was looking at the LG G2, or Nexus 5, (I have a Nexus 7 and love it) but it seems as if Pdanet/Foxfi will not work.

Is there a work around for the G2 or is there a similar phone that will allow me to share my unlimited data? (Don't mind rooting, just not too familiar with it)

Want to be totally informed before signing up for a 2 year agreement.

Thanks for any feedback, and sorry if this isn't posted in the right area.

Last edited:

drk65

Apr 12, 2007
Portland, OR
Have you considered a Sprint Mobile Hotspot. I have the newest Netgear 4G LTE version and it has been outstanding. This device comes with TRUE Unlimited Data. It's the 3rd Sprint Hotspot device I've had and this Netgear blows the other two out of the water in reliability, connection stability, speed, and a battery that will last 2 (business) days with moderate to heavy use. --- It also recently lit up with the Sprint Spark icon. While this upgraded service is not yet available, the device is obviously ready for implementation.

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/sho...Product_Feed&gclid=CPfxs6nK97wCFUiEfgodhHsANA