KEYBOARD FIX for hardware keyboard mismatch (Wing / Herald QWERTY & AZERTY) [updated]

Search This thread

papamopps

Retired Moderator
Mar 16, 2006
Cologne
As hidavi pointed out, I made a correction to my post (12:48 my time) exactly 4 minutes after originally posting at 12:52 my time, which pointed out the fact that I had posted without having seen your post.... that you seem to have pointed out at 2:39 my time.... 2 hours after the fact. haha

but hey, I can understand that you wanted to throw your link out there again for everyone to see! ;)

You could have just had asked me, and I would have made a cab file to include both keymappings in the installation.

sorry my fault.

i wanted him to make a new thread with both settings...
.... and we couldn´t reach you by pm or msn.

so he created a new thread and i amd it sticky and closed. so the discussion can be made in the threads for Wing only and fo herlad only...

Thanks for you first finding out. that amde it easier for herlad...

Kuuf

Nov 29, 2007
Ypres and Ghent
www.cuvedev.net
As hidavi pointed out, I made a correction to my post (12:48 my time) exactly 4 minutes after originally posting at 12:52 my time, which pointed out the fact that I had posted without having seen your post.... that you seem to have pointed out at 2:39 my time.... 2 hours after the fact. haha

but hey, I can understand that you wanted to throw your link out there again for everyone to see! ;)

You could have just had asked me, and I would have made a cab file to include both keymappings in the installation.
Yeah I'm sorry 'bout that, something wrong with my cache or something :S
I didn't see the edit for some reason... Excuse me :p

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
I like them both, but ttran builds his how I would build it if I knew what I was doing:p.

itje's like the Godfather of the Herald rom though so they both rock in my book.

Its good to have competing chefs, that means we keep getting better and better roms :D

They're not really competidors. We all help each other. ^_^
It's more like different things for people with different needs. And the more people working on it, the more innovations. ;)

hidavi

Dec 26, 2007
BK, the Murda Capital
Its pretty wild with this pda phone stuff. With every other type of electronic device there are a hundred forums which all offer mostly the same level of help. That's not the case with PDA phones. xda-developers is unmatched from what I've searched and its probably because of the great teamwork. Most other forums are filled with division, fanboyism and just general unfriendliness. Not here. I didn't think it was even possible to have a forum without those things.

ttran001

Jun 17, 2007
They're not really competidors. We all help each other. ^_^
It's more like different things for people with different needs. And the more people working on it, the more innovations. ;)

As always ivanmmj is correct. We are all here to learn and share with people.
I'm just trying to give users the best possible rom I can cook and that's it.

So, the main point is come to this wonderful forum and learn, use the great products that people have shared with you, and leave happy.

duprade

Jun 4, 2007
Miami, Florida
www.davidduprat.com
purchase-the-borat-book.jpg

Crazybxkid

Jan 24, 2008
David did a Good job helpin me out and i have no prob wit my phone porformence it runs great and everything but one thing i need to kno can everyone see their key pad to dail numbers cuz i cant see mines if any one kno how to fix dat cuz i would like to see my key pad to dail number thanks

The Wing looks better with Touch-IT anyways :)

t-mobile-wing.jpg

residentEvil

Jun 27, 2007
Sunny Tampa FLORIDA :)
internet sharless

I swear I must be the only fool that cant get his internet sharing to work.Ive had help from 2 people here and a T mobile tech that sounded like she was just reading problem solving answers to me...lol i put in the cab from Duprade restarted internet wiz and all that stuff .....nothing even changed my settings to internet2.voicestream.com....nahda :confused:
HELP

LordPhong

Apr 19, 2005
When I first read the title I thought that the cab will simply replace the current keybddr.dll with the proper keybddr.dll. Sorry to jack ur thread David but has anyone bothered replacing this file for the proper file?

I don't have both files to do a binary compare so I really can tell you if there IS a difference.

PS: if this has already been covered already, please correct me.

duprade

Jun 4, 2007
Miami, Florida
www.davidduprat.com
Yes it has.

There is a difference between the 2 files, and replacing it will cause the screen orientation and keyboard to stop working altogether.

I attached both DLL files if you want to compare them... but the solution I found seems to be the best at the moment.

Last edited:

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
Yes it has.

There is a difference between the 2 files, and replacing it will cause the screen orientation and keyboard to stop working altogether.

I attached both DLL files if you want to compare them... but the solution I found seems to be the best at the moment.

I don't see how it would cause a problem since we use the Herald driver on ROMs created for the Kaiser originally... I've tried it in my ROMs and people have reported it working just fine. Maybe it's something incompatible with whatever build itje used for the 4.0 (or was it the 4.4 that he introduced that wing version?) Maybe we could help him find a fix for it.

duprade

Jun 4, 2007
Miami, Florida
www.davidduprat.com
I don't know ... but it would be awesome if someone figured it out! My limited knowledge on building roms isn't enough to know how it works or figure out any solution for it.

When Itje released a Wing Rom, it was built using the Tmo Rom and its OEM so the keyboard worked fine... All his other roms, are built on HTC devices which have herald's keyboard layout.
I haven't tried ttran's roms in a while, so I don't know if he's managed to get the keyboard driver working properly while building on top of non Tmo Roms.

bowlopho

Feb 11, 2007
I don't see how it would cause a problem since we use the Herald driver on ROMs created for the Kaiser originally... I've tried it in my ROMs and people have reported it working just fine. Maybe it's something incompatible with whatever build itje used for the 4.0 (or was it the 4.4 that he introduced that wing version?) Maybe we could help him find a fix for it.

I replaced the keyboard.dll file on my phone and now none of my buttons work. then I installed the aemapkey thing to try and fix it, but it is not working either. Then I tried to put back the kaiser keyboard file, but that's not working either. So i think I will flash a new rom now.