[Q] D2G wifi issues
Hello peoples, hoping for a little help here.
After downgrading firmware (big mistake) from 629, i reflashed back to 629 only to discover that my wifi will either connect and work intermittently, or (as is the case ATM) my wifi will connect and immediately disconnect, everytime it connects. I would like some guidance on how to get wifi working consistently, regardless of what firmware i need to be on, or what rom I need to flash. If i can get a rom that has wifi and camera that would be a plus. I searched and found one or two threads on the issue but related to earlier OTA upgrades.
Accidentally phsically destroyed my SG S3 a week ago or so, which meant I had to go back to using my wifes Motorola Droid 2 Global
Decided that since I was stuck on Gingerbread, and that since Verizon doesnt care about D2G anymore, I was going to root and upgrade, so I started researching and experimenting. That was my first mistake
- Tried to downgrade to 2.4.330 firmware per the (wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_droid2we) Cyanogenmod wiki instructions for droid 2 global, which "soft bricked" my device (stuck in bootloader with a "service req'd" message). From doing a bunch of searching online and reading, I'm guessing its because the phone was previously on the latest version of android pushed to the droid 2 global, namely, 4.5.629.
- I then found (rootzwiki.com/topic/23207-how-to-sbf-unbricking-root-d2g-629/"official 629 sbf) and reflashed my device with that (the link at the top of the thread)
- I dont remember everything I did next (or if i even tested wifi at that point), but i know the device booted and "looked normal". I know I then rooted with framaroot, and installed bootstrap mod (126.96.36.199), and did a bootstrap recovery (im guessing this is synonymous with installing clockwork mod??)
- Found and flashed (installed?) CM9-D2-01032013.zip (cant post links, sorry new user restriction) -- rootzwiki.com/topic/28082-d2d2gdx-cm9-build-thread/page-90
- The rom installed fine, but when I booted up, and tried to use wifi, the wifi would connect, but the internet wouldnt work (no response from any website).
- I downloaded some kind of "wizard" bootloader, that had a wifi fix (sorry I cant find the link). I rebooted into the bootloader, ran the wi-fi fix, and then rebooted. No luck (no change).
- I figured it was an issue with the ROM, so I flashed liquid_droid2we-ics-v1.62.zip
- Unfortunately, the same issue persisted.
- I then reflashed BACK to 4.5.629, using the --(cant post links apparently since im a new user) (rootzwiki.com/topic/23207-how-to-sbf-unbricking-root-d2g-629) -- "official 629 sbf"
- Wifi STILL does not work. At first it connected, and was responding, and then it stopped responding.
- Wiped cache partition
- Wiped data/factory reset
- wifi now connects, then disconnects immediately.
I'm at a loss here. I am on 4.5.629 using the official ROM, I tried a factory reset after a cache clear. I even found some suggestions about turning battery saver mode off, which I did. WTH am I doing wrong?
EDIT 9/19: Just discovered that I can connect to insecure networks just fine. I've read about changing my router settings as a possible fix, but I cant do that for any router thats not my own. In addition the wifi was working on my router before, with the same settings, so the phone broke somewhere along the way.