[ICS AOSP ROM] "AOKP" (Android Open KANG Project) for Droid 4 [BETA 3/16/2012]

Search This thread

CreepyE

Oct 2, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
When i try to install 9.0.x gapps is says u.able (bad) redownloaded and still the same. Any ideas why i cant install?

Sent from my DROID4 using xda premium

Same thing happened to me, I had to download it times from different servers and only one worked. No idea which one it was though

Sent from my ICS flavored DROID4

whiteout7942

Dec 14, 2011
Washington D.C
LTE/CDMA issues getting better

After flashing 4-28, my 4G LTE has been able to finally work. However every now and then thoughout the day I need to toggle GSM ON then back to 4G. Sometimes I have to reboot. But at least its progress going in the right direction.
FYI the fixes were made my Ricardo Cerqueira.

omniuni

Jul 16, 2010
After flashing 4-28, my 4G LTE has been able to finally work. However every now and then thoughout the day I need to toggle GSM ON then back to 4G. Sometimes I have to reboot. But at least its progress going in the right direction.

Thanks for the info; do you have any idea what the fix is exactly, or what radio it uses? Have they moved to either the radio from the latest Moto update for the D4 or the ICS leak for the Razr?

kwyrt

Apr 25, 2011
Columbus

How did you get a nightly build from the future! I want a nightly build from the future!

* Sorry, couldn't resist :D

whiteout7942

Dec 14, 2011
Washington D.C
Lol sorry 4/24. Still feeling the effects of 4/20. I am hoping the 4-28 has all the bugs worked out cause this ROM is looking real nice

ICS AOKP Open KANG Project ROM via Safestrap

whiteout7942

Dec 14, 2011
Washington D.C
Here are the exact fixes related to AOKP LTE.

-LGEQualcommUiccRIL: Fix LTE signal strength The RSRP sign is wrong, results in always-excellent network indication.

- LGEQualcommUiccRIL: Adapt to new GSM+LTE support User LTE preferences now stick, instead of resetting to LTE-on after reboot (was wondering why 4G always had better signal then 3G)

- LGEQualcommUiccRIL: Adapt to new GSM+LTE support User LTE preferences now stick, instead of resetting to LTE-on after reboo

-LGEQualcommUiccRIL: Fix PIN/PUK operations PIN/PUK settings/changing/disabling was broken due to missing parcel items, fix it; Each set of strings must be prepended by a count of said strings.

- QualcommNoSimReadyRIL: Support radio state in new generation rils The radio-state enums in CAF's ICS have changed from GB, radio_on is now 10

ICS AOKP Open KANG Project ROM via Safestrap

rumgool

Feb 16, 2012
GAINESVILLE
Anyone could try and list the differences, but the best way is if you just try both out (or three if you include gummy) and see which one you like best.

They all have their ups and downs, but besides system/UI customization, none of them are more functional than another. Some might say that Gummy and AOKP are closer to vanilla ICS, and CM9 is more streamlined, but tis a matter of opinion. I honestly like all 3.

bonesjones

Dec 9, 2009
Birmingham
I feel safe to say data issues are now tolerable! Been running 4-25 since 4-25 :)

I've rebooted once cause data stopped coming from wifi.
And when I reboot I have to switch once. Other than that its perfect.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Briteyez83

Nov 27, 2011
Port Orchard, WA
Anyone could try and list the differences, but the best way is if you just try both out (or three if you include gummy) and see which one you like best.

They all have their ups and downs, but besides system/UI customization, none of them are more functional than another. Some might say that Gummy and AOKP are closer to vanilla ICS, and CM9 is more streamlined, but tis a matter of opinion. I honestly like all 3.

I definitely agree with you. I have all 3 ROMS on my SD but I prefer AOKP with the Nova Launcher. I bought the Nova Launcher Prime which gives me access to more of the features that are become avaikable with purchase. I also enjoy how cutomizable it is vs the other two.

omniuni

Jul 16, 2010
I can confirm that data appears stable now. I switched camera.apk with a working one from Gummy, and so far so good!

Sent from my XT894 using XDA

ICUDeadNow

Oct 15, 2011
New Delhi
I can confirm that data appears stable now. I switched camera.apk with a working one from Gummy, and so far so good!

If by stable you mean having to wipe dalvik cache everytime you want to reboot, then sure.

Data is still horrible on 4/29. It's obviously something in the dalvik cache causing these issues... Surprised it hasn't been worked out yet. Or atleast a dalvik wipe + reboot option already built into the ROM.

Last edited:

omniuni

Jul 16, 2010
I am on 4-25 and I have not had any data problem so far. I have had a constant 4G connection since noon yesterday.

Sent via Droid 4 with ICS

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Just noticed the nightly section for droid 4 was wiped out on rombot. I'll see if I can get that fixed tonight.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ICS AOSP ROM] "AOKP" (Android Open KANG Project) for Droid 4 [BETA 3/16/2012]

*** NEW BLOG SITE: http://blog.hash-of-codes.com ***

[03/16/2012] DOWNLOAD LINK
    md5sum :: b4378349f49f9e45418b01269ce93c5d

AUTOMATIC NIGHTLIES ARE HERE

GET GAPPS HERE (Choose "CyanogenMod 9.0.x" Link)

Changelogs:

Changelog at Blog.Hash-Of-Codes.com
    Automatic STS-Dev-Team Development Log

Android is all about choices. And here's another choice for AOSP ROM:

"AOKP" (Android Open KANG Project) is a built from source ROM similar to CyanogenMod (but different).
    I didn't create AOKP, I only ported it to the Droid 4.

You can visit the AOKP website here:
    http://forum.aokp.co/

Their developers include: Roman, Zaphod-Beeblebrox, Whitehawkx, and more.
    The future of AOKP is quite bright as new features are popping up all the time.

DON'T LET GOOGLE RESTORE YOUR SETTINGS WHEN INSTALLING THIS ROM COMING FROM GINGERBREAD

Get Safestrap here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1522644

You can follow me on Twitter at:
    http://www.twitter.com/hashcode0f

Github sources are here:
    https://github.com/organizations/STS-Dev-Team

FOR DEVS: You can check out the local_manifest.xml for getting this ROM up and running here:
    https://github.com/STS-Dev-Team/android_local_STS/tree/ics-aokp

Special Note about 4G/3G Data:
    Data for this build has been a bit finicky. When you reboot, you will probably need to go to: Settings -> Wireless & networks -> More .. -> Mobile networks
    Click on "Network Mode" and goto GSM-only, wait for 5 seconds, and then back to LTE/CDMA. This should help data come up.
    THIS IS TEMPORARY AND WILL BE FIXED.

WHAT DOESN'T WORK:
    Better Camera function (FFC, Face detect, etc in progress)
    HW Video Codecs (in progress)
    Bluetooth on but not connected = loss of all audio (in progress)

ENJOY!

Screenshots:

AOKP-Settings_480.png
    AOKP-ROMControl_480.png
    AOKP-Toggles_480.png
    Just flashed clean. Freaking love it, best rom I've ever seen.
    However, I'm having data issues at boot.
    Love the fast torch feature.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

Yep. Still ironing out the data issues. Going to work on it more tonight.

Sorry guys, the ROMbot server (nightly) is down for maintenance that is taking A LOT longer than it really should have.

We expect to be back up and running in about 1-2 days.
    Flashed 3-30 this morning and I noticed some weird issues. First off, the phone is stuck in landscape mode. I have tried toggling auto-rotate on and off but that did nothing. Then when I go to flip the phone out, the screen goes into portrait mode. So right now its backwards of what its suppose to be. Also the on screen keyboard still does not work. It only works when the phone is flipped out.

Sorry, the 4.0.4 merge had us in a bit of disarray for a while.

I did some functional checks for this yesterday and I think we're in much better shape with the ROM.

It should be working like it was previously. Let me know if you experience differently.

(NOTE: You will need a complete wipe when upgrading to the 4.0.4 version).
    So with this new "official" build out, is it feasible that Hash will be able to superfy AOKP?

From Hashcode's twitter:

CellZealot: ICS on D4 leaked and I finally had time to load it tonight. WOW!!! Is all I have to say...total transformation...well worth the risks.

Hashcode: and AOSP based ROMs for the leak are around the corner... Not that I'm saying everyone should install the leak..

http://twitter.com/#!/hashcode0f

So yes... shouldn't be too long before we see our ICS ROMs "superfy'd"