[Q] How to get back stock recovery without loosing root

Search This thread

saiarkar

Aug 23, 2012
How to get back my stock recovery ?

I've follow the complete thread on Locked bootloader on Z1C D5503 by this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2634196&page=12.

Now ! I've successful rooting without unlocking the bootloader.

Completely done what I want, however I've one more question!

when I will back to warranty service, I need the stock recovery.

Therefore, how can i get back to stock without loosing my root access ??

Sorry for my English !

Last edited:

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Sony doesn't have a stock recovery... Just flash back the stock kernel and relock your bootloader and now you're rooted stock.

saiarkar

Aug 23, 2012
Sony doesn't have a stock recovery... Just flash back the stock kernel and relock your bootloader and now you're rooted stock.

I know what you mean but if I will flash stock kernel, I will loose my system modification, that is I've installed a custom font to my system, I don't want to loose it. That is point bro. One more question, if i will flash stock ftf exclude system, the system modification still there and the locked dual recovery gone ?? If yes, I will. By the way, now I'm in locked bootloader and dual recovery.
Thanks bro.

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
I know what you mean but if I will flash stock kernel, I will loose my system modification, that is I've installed a custom font to my system, I don't want to loose it. That is point bro. One more question, if i will flash stock ftf exclude system, the system modification still there and the locked dual recovery gone ?? If yes, I will. By the way, now I'm in locked bootloader and dual recovery.
Thanks bro.

If you only flash the kernel then nothing will happen to your system partition hence any modifications you made(and if your recovery is in system partition it will still be there after flash) will stay.

louis0815

May 12, 2009
www.alex-2.de
Maybe I'm on the wrong track here, but I don't get your point.

If I modified my phone beyond the stock possibilities as you did (rooted, custom font - in any case bootloader untouched) I would completely reset it to stock rom before handing it over to the repair center - because I don't want to discuss whether my modifications caused the defect or not. I guess that's a pretty common approach.

Now what is the point in rooting the phone, installing a custom font and then flashing stock, but only kind of half way without losing the modifications? Sony repair center will for sure be able to detect your modifications then, so you could save yourself from the stock flashing altogether and simply delete your private data before handing it in.

saiarkar

Aug 23, 2012
Maybe I'm on the wrong track here, but I don't get your point.

If I modified my phone beyond the stock possibilities as you did (rooted, custom font - in any case bootloader untouched) I would completely reset it to stock rom before handing it over to the repair center - because I don't want to discuss whether my modifications caused the defect or not. I guess that's a pretty common approach.

Now what is the point in rooting the phone, installing a custom font and then flashing stock, but only kind of half way without losing the modifications? Sony repair center will for sure be able to detect your modifications then, so you could save yourself from the stock flashing altogether and simply delete your private data before handing it in.

Yep, I know, however the point to rooting phone is the only one that is to install custom font system and modified some xml files. Do you know ?? Sony don't add my country language and font, therefore we need to root and install it without void the warranty. :D :D In my country, the sony service centers are only check the bootloader status and rooting status, if they are not seen anything in these part, they will give us the warranty. Therefore this is the point :D :D Sony Service never see in system modification :D they only check these two things. LOL :p :p

louis0815

May 12, 2009
www.alex-2.de
In my country, the sony service centers are only check the bootloader status and rooting status, if they are not seen anything in these part, they will give us the warranty. Therefore this is the point :D :D Sony Service never see in system modification :D they only check these two things. LOL :p :p
Sounds strange, but if you say so...
I still wouldn't take a bet that they do not realize that the phone had been rooted previously to install the font and modified XMLs.

----------
this was tapatalked with Android