[Q] SimUnlock without other carrier sim?

Search This thread

Tachi91

Oct 15, 2008
Subartic - Americana
Sim unlock prompts only show up when another carriers simcard is inserted, is there another way or terminal command?

I have the unlock code, but only have my AT&T sim. I was wondering if there was another way to simunlock the phone besides the tradtional method.

Zandoz

Jul 7, 2011
What is exactly your problem? What did you try to solve this problem? What changed since the problem arised and before that? If you provided any of this information that is neccesary, I could try to help out

Tachi91

Oct 15, 2008
Subartic - Americana
Not a problem, just mostly a question.

Is the only way to SIM unlock a phone the traditional way of "I must insert another carriers SIM"?

Is there a particular app that I can manually run or a terminal command I can enter that would ask for the code?

I don't have another simcard so that's why I'm curious

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
If your phone is AT&T and so is your sim card. You are not going to get the unlock prompt. Buy yourself a PAYG sim card,( not ATT&T ).. they are cheap and might even come free.. Insert it into your phone and enter the unlock code.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Not a problem, just mostly a question.

Is the only way to SIM unlock a phone the traditional way of "I must insert another carriers SIM"?

Is there a particular app that I can manually run or a terminal command I can enter that would ask for the code?

I don't have another simcard so that's why I'm curious

If your phone is AT&T and so is your sim card. You are not going to get the unlock prompt. Buy yourself a PAYG sim card,( not ATT&T ).. they are cheap and might even come free.. Insert it into your phone and enter the unlock code.

T-mobile gives out free sim cards all the time check their website .. i have about 10 of them