[Q] accidentally disabled settings.

Search This thread

lilnever

Jun 14, 2014
Alright guys I need your help, and I couldn't find anything that helped. Anyways I was messing with my phone, and I got a system notification that wouldn't clear in the notification bar. I usually just click on the app and click "force close" from the settings app. Unfortunately I accidentally clicked disable instead, and now I can't seem to re enable the settings.

I'm currently running the venom Rom from kit Kat 4.4.2. Hopefully someone can help, and not laugh at me too much. Anyways thanks in advance.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Alright guys I need your help, and I couldn't find anything that helped. Anyways I was messing with my phone, and I got a system notification that wouldn't clear in the notification bar. I usually just click on the app and click "force close" from the settings app. Unfortunately I accidentally clicked disable instead, and now I can't seem to re enable the settings.

I'm currently running the venom Rom from kit Kat 4.4.2. Hopefully someone can help, and not laugh at me too much. Anyways thanks in advance.

just re-flash the rom

lilnever

Jun 14, 2014
Ya I just tried that a little while ago and it didn't work. Although I didn't wipe anything I just flashed. Do you think I might have to flash?

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
What is it that you disabled?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

Oh you disabled settings??

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
If your rooted download startup manager. Enable it in the system area. If not go to customize and add item.

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Ya I just tried that a little while ago and it didn't work. Although I didn't wipe anything I just flashed. Do you think I might have to flash?

Like clsA said, just re-flash the rom, you will have to wipe everything, possibly your internal storage too as if I remember right, Venom Rom stores the settings there, I know for sure it stores themes and mods there, this will leave your phone completely empty apart from Bootloader and Recovery, you will then have to push the ROM to your internal storage and flash it.

Place the rom in the same folder as adb and fastboot on your computer, put the phone in recovery (main screen only), plug into the PC and open a command window in your fastboot/adb folder and type adb push (rom name).zip /sdcard/

Then flash it.

lilnever

Jun 14, 2014
Alright I'll try that now that I'm home I'll see if that works thank you.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

lilnever

Jun 14, 2014
I disabled the settings app. You know where you can see app settings and such. I'll have to wait a bit before I can use a computer. But I was wondering, after using the app you suggested (didn't seem to work on my problem) I was able to find the "settings.apk" file. Wondering if uninstalling and reinstalling the "settings" app would fix anything with out having to lose any of my data. But I'm also not sure if uninstalling the settings would damage my phone, or if I do uninstall it might not let me install it again.
I tried installing the apk with out uninstalling it first and it just said application not installed

Last edited:

lilnever

Jun 14, 2014
Update. I installed app quarantined and was able to find the settings apps disabled there. I was able to use that to 're enable it