Caller ID (7 digit) FINALLY FIXED

Search This thread

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
hello,
I have been searching for days now for a fix to my htc one running SkyDragon Rom to that annoying thing with the contacts,
and i ended up here:
So this will work with my htc one (m7 INT - Rooted - S-ON), the country i live in its portugal so the numbers are like this;

+351 xxx yyy zzz
(contry code is the 351, x y and z is the actual contact number so 9 numbers without the country code makes a total of 12 numbers, if it works on htc one what should i do?

Thanks in advance and regards,
Vasco.

It works on HTC One, I'm using one now. U need a ROM with kernel write protection disabled, then edit the build.prop and reboot.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reactions: manthis3000
It works on HTC One, I'm using one now. U need a ROM with kernel write protection disabled, then edit the build.prop and reboot.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for your reply, i have done just what you've said before i read your reply, and its working, so i guess Skydragon Rom is kernel writable.

thanks again.

mGforCe

Dec 3, 2007
Mumbai
@nkk71

Thanks... I have started finding this problem suddenly for my old ICS phone (India Spice MI425) when changed mobile service operator.

The numbers are all stored in +XY ABC format where XY is ISD code 91 for India followed by ABC which is 10 digit mobile no.

The operator shows incoming call numbers as 0 ABC and phone doesn't identify them & shows unknown.

I edited build.prop as above to add the item, rebooted phone... problem continued.. I removed & added back google account (ie contacts deleted & added back) but still same.

I read in your post about libsqlite.so supporting min_match... I tried checking my libsqlite.so but then couldn't view it. Can you pls help me here?

mutho

Nov 24, 2005
I am faceing the same problem. My phone is Samsung S5 with Lollipop. I've inserted the variable in the file and it's still there after reboot. However, the problem is still not fixed. My format is +960 779-3822 where 960 is the country code. The only solution I have seen is additing the full number as mention above and 779-3822 into the same contact. My operator sometimes include +960 but not all the time.

Would appreciate suggestions.

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
I am faceing the same problem. My phone is Samsung S5 with Lollipop. I've inserted the variable in the file and it's still there after reboot. However, the problem is still not fixed. My format is +960 779-3822 where 960 is the country code. The only solution I have seen is additing the full number as mention above and 779-3822 into the same contact. My operator sometimes include +960 but not all the time.

Would appreciate suggestions.

I dont know if this [method] is supported by non HTC Sense based ROMs... I only have HTCs, and mostly run HTC Sense based ROMs for which it works (Desire, Sensation, M7, M8)

you could check the sqlite lib mentioned earlier, if that string is even in there.

mutho

Nov 24, 2005
Thanks. I couldn't find the sqlite method on this thread, but will try again.

Unfortunately I just now rebooted by phone while system in read/write mode and now I can't see anything. Do you know how to fix this?

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut

mutho

Nov 24, 2005
After restarting in safe mode and restarting again in normal mode solved the issue. I have set read only permission of the folders now.

I am going to check the thread you just link and will give you feedback. Appreciate your help very much.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

The sqlite thing seems too complicated and risky. I will look for some other solution and will post here if a solution is found. Thanks a lot.

mjnissim

Jun 17, 2015
Solution for Caller ID issues with Chinese/Lenovo phones

I got a nice Lenovo from China and it was good, but didn't recognise phone contacts if they were stored with international code and the call came locally, or vice versa. It also muddled my SMS, separating SMSs to and from the same contact under different numbers: with, and without, international code. I tried every local lab and no-one would touch Lenovo. Tried rooting and that didn't work. I gave up.

BUT, then I downloaded a free app that took care of it. SMS ordered correctly and being identified. Contacts - being identified. I know this sounds like an ad for the app, but please believe me: I didn't even expect the app to do it. I just thought I'd try some app. I was generally displeased with that Chinese configuration I got and gave up on the problem and thought I'd live with it. And then I noticed that it fixed that problem for me! So now I'm determined to let everyone know, because I spent DAYS looking at forums without success!

The app is called Contacts+.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

Quite a newbie and just rooted the Desire a couple of days ago, so bear with me…

Not sure if this is still a problem for many of us out there, but it’s been a problem for me for years, and I never found a solution to it (on the web or elsewhere), so I thought of sharing it.

For those of us who need “7 digit” (not 8 digits) Caller ID Matching, for both Phone and SMS/MMS, I think I have it working now :D

The problem comes from how your operator provides the caller id; in my country it’s +CCC x yyyyyy for SMS, and 0x yyyyyy for phone calls; CCC being the country code, in my case 961, but I’ve seen posts from other countries as well.

For Windows Mobile it was just modifying the registry, but for Android, I’ve seen many posts, blogs, etc. about libsqlite.so needing to be changed. I believe I found (actually stumbled across) a much simpler and more “correct” solution:

In the file “/system/build.prop” just add a line at the beginning “ro.phone.min_match=7”. Then use the normal recovery flash method and you should be good to go.

Update (thanks to luckyjay):
    Or you can use Root Explorer, long press the file and open with text editor and just do it that way :p Reboot to apply changes
    (I used ES File Explorer instead)​

I’ve tried it with several ROMs, including RCMixS and AceSMOD007, and it worked for me. (And WOW those are some really excellent ROMs)

Hope this helps, and let me know if I need to elaborate some more. (It's my first post after all;))

!! MANY THANKS TO XDA, THE TUTORS, THE MODDERS AND EVERYBODY MAKING OUR PHONES BETTER THAN THEY ARE !!
    Thanks jan, nice to see a reply :)

And I totally agree with you, but the "GENIUSES" over here decided on (and look at that):
    +961 a 123456 or 0a 123456 (landlines)
    +961 3 123456 or 03 123456 (original GSM lines)
    +961 70 123456 or 70 123456 (newer GSM lines)
    +961 71 123456 or 71 123456 (newer GSM lines)
    … I mean people can’t get this straight how about phones (granted, some phones might be more “aware” than some people, but who am I to say:rolleyes:)

The problem has been around for a long time (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=606728 just one post of the MANY I’ve looked at), and we never got an answer.

I even emailed HTC for months on end about this, and never got a half-way decent reply! And I have been a loyal HTC customer for a long time: HTC P3300 (the first HTC, I think), Touch Diamond, TyTN, TyTN 2, Desire, HD2, Sensation

So I was really expecting a bit more from them, especially if the answer is as easy as I mentioned;
    they’re statements “your s/n is for an HTC Hero” (hello! I'm sorry, the phone looks like the Desire, has the right software,firmware, th box says Desire, the phone says Desire etc.etc.)

or

“to edit the registry as it is considered illegal” (again hello! there is no registry in Android)

All this wasn’t really productive. One support tech (after being bounced back and forth) was actually trying to help, but eventually I just gave up.

After getting the HTC Sensation, I started rooting the Desire, and guess what, it just took the “ro.phone.min_match=7” to fix it. This could have been done even without rooting.

AND GUESS WHERE I GOT THE “ro.phone.min_match=7” FROM?? ... the HTC Sensation !!!!!
    Thanks luckyjay, that works even easier. I'll update the post.
    Thank you guys! for your comments & support !!

This thing has been driving me crazy for years, and Prefixer (nice BTW) or duplicating all phone numbers twice is just, is just INSANE for a "smartphone"

Yep, in Lebanon we have this problem, but I've seen many posts including Italy, Spain, and more countries, all of which have the same issue.

Anyway, glad I was able to contribute something, and appreciate your feedback.
    I can't find

ro.phone.min_match

in build.prop of reflex gingerbread sense rom :(

It's usually not there ;most contries don't need it. Just add the line using ES File Explorer or similar to the build.prop (somewhere towards the beginning) "ro.phone.min_match=7" then save and reboot.

Should work then... let me know. (worked for me a lot on several MODS)