[ROM][6-30-12] Andromadus Audacity Beta 5 [ICS]

Search This thread

tsubus

Dec 1, 2010
plus.google.com
we will probably need kernel and proprietary too

edit: nvm darkspadez has got it
edit2: please let's not make any commits until the device actually boots, we don't want it to be confusing. some stuff that can be easily fixed, such as the tags and such, that's ok, but the rest of the stuff that we are doing "workarounds" for and so on, let's keep those changes private (or shared on forum) till the device boots. i think it would work out best this way, so that if people have a better idea to solve a problem they can go ahead and try it on their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: darkspadez

crowstar

Sep 26, 2009
we will probably need kernel and proprietary too

edit: nvm darkspadez has got it
edit2: please let's not make any commits until the device actually boots, we don't want it to be confusing. some stuff that can be easily fixed, such as the tags and such, that's ok, but the rest of the stuff that we are doing "workarounds" for and so on, let's keep those changes private (or shared on forum) till the device boots. i think it would work out best this way, so that if people have a better idea to solve a problem they can go ahead and try it on their own.

yeah that is what I was thinking, but stuff like those tags should be uploaded for ease and when we DO find the "correct" changes to make it will be a simple commit + repo sync.

olearyp

Sep 1, 2009
I've only used vision + htc common, should I get msm7k from cyanogen as well?

You've probably figured this out but before you get too off-kilter, you'll want the msm7x30 kernel, not msm7k. (Confused? Welcome to the world of ARM SoCs!) JBQ indicated that at least for passion the gingerbread kernel should work--hopefully this is true for other architectures as well.

I might be able to spend some time on this after Thanksgiving if things aren't well-understood by then. Please take the time to submit to CM Gerrit if you're making progress! That will help everyone.

tsubus

Dec 1, 2010
plus.google.com
You've probably figured this out but before you get too off-kilter, you'll want the msm7x30 kernel, not msm7k. (Confused? Welcome to the world of ARM SoCs!) JBQ indicated that at least for passion the gingerbread kernel should work--hopefully this is true for other architectures as well.

I might be able to spend some time on this after Thanksgiving if things aren't well-understood by then. Please take the time to submit to CM Gerrit if you're making progress! That will help everyone.

of course ;)

Reactions: jspina

tsubus

Dec 1, 2010
plus.google.com
I've restarted from scratch and I think it's about done compiling, I'll share my results as soon as I have them, should take less than 1 hour, hopefully. This time around I've disabled audio, bluetooth and fm radio to see what I get.

darkspadez

Jun 20, 2010
I've restarted from scratch and I think it's about done compiling, I'll share my results as soon as I have them, should take less than 1 hour, hopefully. This time around I've disabled audio, bluetooth and fm radio to see what I get.

You are doing same thing i was about to do but i needed to redo source for a 3rd time wont sync right idk why

crowstar

Sep 26, 2009
I've made a manifest file with those devices added in, but with AOSP rather than cyan. repo syncing works fine, just make sure that there aren't any hidden .repo things in your home directory or else you will download the last thing you repo init-ed as well.
repo init -u git://github.com/Andromadus/android.git
repo sync

steviewevie

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 28, 2009
UK
How about trying to get it booting with the old kernel first, then working on the ICS kernel in parallel ? Please excuse my ignorance if that it a stupid idea.

Sent from my Desire Z running CM7.

darkspadez

Jun 20, 2010
If any errors pop up post them at the link where i made the post about it so i cann try to assist you

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Andromadus
    Presents
    Andromadus Audacity Beta 5

We have come a long way since our first attempts back in November '11. I am proud to say we have finally hit beta. With hitting the new milestone we have added a new word to our ROM and that is Audacity. Why did we put Audacity in the name? Well the word Audacity means: boldness or daring, especially with confident or arrogant disregard for personal safety, conventional thought, or other restrictions. And that is exactly what we were when we took on the task of Ice Cream Sandwich for our HTC Vision/G2/Desire Z. We hope you enjoy our rom!

What is This?
    We present to you ICS built from source for your HTC Vision, G2, or Desire Z. This thread will also be used for all DEVing for ICS until we work out all the kinks with it.

What Works?
    Radio ( Phone & Mobile Data, SMS/MMS )
    Touchscreen
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    Physical Keyboard
    Audio
    Real Full HW Accel
    Screen Orientation
    GPS ( Kinda )
    USB - UMS
    Camera ( Kinda )
    Other Things

What Doesn't?
    You Tell Me

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Downloads

If you still have GooManager installed just restart your phone or click Check for rom updates and it should ask you to download.

or

http://goo.im/devs/andromadus/audacityb5.zip
    md5: 107d4a85a7111b71880f3356fb16058e

or
    http://goo.gl/CJxxe

GAPPS
    If you still have GooManager installed just restart your phone or click Check for gapps updates and it should ask you to download.

or

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

or

http://goo.gl/s7I2X

Change Log
    Beta 5:
    Coming Soon

Bug Tracker
    How to report bugs? Use our Bug Tracker! Be sure to include a logcat and/or dmesg.

http://bugs.andromadus.com/projects/vision-beta

The Team
    Darkspadez
    Flinny
    Snadge
    Ionic
    Jhall
    Xep
    Fyodor
    Blk_Jack

Special Thanks
    mdeejay
    Tsubus
    dh-harold
    crowstar
    Flemmard
    CyanogenMod
    Lord Clockan
    Twisted Umbrella
    OdiemanSAM
    Fattire
    Google
    HTC
    Testers
    Anyone who I forgot
    Andromadus Alpha 13

As usual here you go...Dark can clean up shortly :D

Andromadus Alpha 13 mini changelog.

I have been spending much of my free time on this recently and unless some things change after this release is out I will have to slow down a little as there is loads of work I need to do that I have been putting off to work on this. Would be that working on this paid then I could pay somebody to do the work I need to do and continue kanging away, That not being the case you'll all just have to be patient for a while instead :)

So many things have changed that I'm not going to list them all as you would still be reading them hours from now, if you're really that interested you can read the commit History on github, some of them might be slightly amusing even as there isn't a way to stop me committing stuff when drunk, which is a fair bit of the time!

Qcom OMX integrated - SD YouTube fixed, Netflix Fixed
    CRT on/off animation fixed (on seems a little funky but hey....)
    Custom LED notifications
    Switched to Cyanogenmod Volume Wake and Volume music control (old toggles removed)
    Fixed the Flashlight power widget
    Integrated CM's signal settings (6 bar toggle still works if you have icon's selected)
    Lots of Qcom media/display updates.
    Switched to using Lord Clockan's kernel, I like it.
    Camera updates (is it just me being lucky or do most of the artifacts on pics at 5MP go away after you take a few pictures?)
    Loads of other stuff CM changed/fixed/added along the way.
    Goo manager included (dark made me do it...)
    So much more that I can't remember!
    Tweaks included!

Use whatever gapps you like but I'm still using v11 quite happily!
    If you have issues do a SUPERWIPE and REFLASH everything before clogging the thread up. REALLY!

http://downloads.andromadus.com/files/Andromadus_Alpha13.zip
    http://www.flinny.org/Andromadus_Alpha13.zip

Nick.
    This is my final warning:

1.) Please stop "moderating" this thread. There is no need to have people posting the same warning every few comments. IE "Use the thanks button" - Obviously they are not listening, and it is just as un-useful as the posts saying thank you.

2.) If your post starts with "this will probably get me in trouble but..." DO NOT F***ing post it!

3.) Read the OP and report bugs in the bug tracker...this is still a development thread, let them do their thing.

4.) NEVER should you be rushing them to get to work. Remember, they do this on there own time, and for free. If you want it faster, learn to do it yourself.

5.) If your post is not going to aid in the development DO NOT POST!!!!

On a last note: I will no longer be issuing warnings. I will be issuing infractions.
    Andromadus
    Presents
    Andromadus Audacity Beta 1

We have come a long way since our first attempts back in November '11. I am proud to say we have finally hit beta. With hitting the new milestone we have added a new word to our ROM and that is Audacity. Why did we put Audacity in the name? Well the word Audacity means: boldness or daring, especially with confident or arrogant disregard for personal safety, conventional thought, or other restrictions. And that is exactly what we were when we took on the task of Ice Cream Sandwich for our HTC Vision/G2/Desire Z. We hope you enjoy our rom!

Changelog:
    Updated to Qcom's ICS Adreno libs
    Updated patches for a few things from CM, profiles etc,
    Whatever else CM has changed in the mean time.
    And obviously everything else I forgot about.
    Camera works with a few "issues"
    There are 2 5MP options the first one produces complete garbage, the second works find apart from a small line across the bottom, sometimes it's there sometimes's it's green, sometimes it's pink, occasionally it goes away until the next reboot when it's back again.....
    Camcorder - yes it works only at one res at the moment though 720x480
    Panorama works also.
    Had another go at fixing usb tethering as well...
    Other bug fixes and patches not mentioned here.

Rom Download
    If you still have GooManager installed just restart your phone or click Check for rom updates and it should ask you to download.

or

http://goo-inside.me/devs/andromadus/audacityb1.zip

GAPPS
    http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip

Thanks for all your support,
    Andromadus Team
    So here we are again, as I mentioned I'm rather busy so this could have been out days ago if I had the time. Whoever decided that decorating half a house at once was a good idea is clearly insane! oh wait....

What's changed?

Updated to Qcom's ICS Adreno libs
    Updated patches for a few things from CM, profiles etc,
    Whatever else CM has changed in the mean time.
    And obviously everything else I forgot about.

Now the big ones...

Camera works with a few "issues"
    There are 2 5MP options the first one produces complete garbage, the second works find apart from a small line across the bottom, sometimes it's there sometimes's it's green, sometimes it's pink, occasionally it goes away until the next reboot when it's back again.....
    Camcorder - yes it works only at one res at the moment though 720x480
    Panorama works also.
    Had another go at fixing usb tethering as well...

I think that's us "Feature Complete"

Which means......naa I leave that for dark :)