Big thread For New Users (Rooting , Flashing,Firmwares,Mods,Tips, Tricks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

akmal.d

Aug 25, 2011
Surabaya
This may not work on every Firmware. Tested on Cynaogemod and 2.3.5
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.59 For Galaxy Gio
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19623732&postcount=1
This may not work on every Firmware. Tested on Cynaogemod and 2.3.5
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.59 For Galaxy Gio
http://xdaforums.com/show...32&postcount=1

Tested in both original Firmware, in Froyo and Gingerbread

Reactions: waqasshahzad1986

jpos

Sep 29, 2008
Hi, I tried to root my samsung gio, but I can't access to the sd card, don't let me even enter in it. I go to recovery mode, and the sd card update dont let me chose anything.
What can I do?

blackshaddow

Jan 16, 2012
hy friends first sorry for my english (i'm from Romania)

i have a problem with my gio
i rooted my phone and after i taped clockworkmod recovery ant mi phone was not in the list , i taped one in the list after that ai restarted mi phone and it doesn't start since then
not recovery mode or download mode work's
help me please what can i do?

skubi07

Oct 27, 2011
Tarnow
probably you must go to service ;/ You has been bricked gio ;/ You can try "service usb". This is usb stick pluged to phone, and gio boot to download mode. Maybe it works ;) If not = service ...

samydroid

Dec 18, 2011
Lahore
hy friends first sorry for my english (i'm from Romania)

i have a problem with my gio
i rooted my phone and after i taped clockworkmod recovery ant mi phone was not in the list , i taped one in the list after that ai restarted mi phone and it doesn't start since then
not recovery mode or download mode work's
help me please what can i do?

Check this thread out.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1410254

You can try different method suggested here at, of course, your own risk!

edm_addicted

Jan 19, 2012
I am getting the (Status 7) error when trying to install it. I have Clockwork and saw that a solution would be to mound-system before opening the file. Did not work for me. Any other ideas? I have Gio 5660 Android 2.3.3

samydroid

Dec 18, 2011
Lahore
I have been using this zip to root my gio ever since I upgraded to gio and have rooted stock 2.3.3, 2.3.5 and 2.3.6 with it. You can use this one at, of course, your own risk. :)

Attachments

• Update.zip
    924.7 KB · Views: 1,709
Reactions: LUK3N

edm_addicted

Jan 19, 2012
Just rooted it. The issue was due to clockwork. So if any of you wants to root without the state7 issue, install the stock recovery first.

wutname

Jan 18, 2012
i wanna say thanks to the devs and OP, this got me started with adding custom ROMs and made the process must easier.

i'm curious though, is there any way to make a nand backup of my original firmware? (incase i need to bring the phone back, i don't want to be blamed for having a custom ROM)

TL;DR is there any way to go back to stock?

samydroid

Dec 18, 2011
Lahore
i wanna say thanks to the devs and OP, this got me started with adding custom ROMs and made the process must easier.

i'm curious though, is there any way to make a nand backup of my original firmware? (incase i need to bring the phone back, i don't want to be blamed for having a custom ROM)

TL;DR is there any way to go back to stock?

You can go back to stock but for that you need to have the firmware build that your gio is currently running (e.g. JPKC1/JPKE1/etc.). If you manage to get hold of that firmware then you can flash it via odin and go back to stock anytime. That itself would act as a backup to go back to stock. For backing up your apps, you can use titanium backup. Its pretty awesome!

Leesalman

Aug 23, 2011
Hey Guys i just installed Cyanogenmod 7.2 on my Gio today. Its amazing and very stable. I first flashed cwm recovery then the rom, then gapps and then the patchv4 afterwards.

Since i cant post in the developers section due to less amount of posts, can anyone tell me what is a2sdtremor and simple2ext about? All i need is something that i can move anything to the sd card and keep more ram and internal memory free, should i install a2sdtremor or simple2ext from the cyanogenmod 7.2 thread? can anyone give me a detailed guide to install it and can i still make ext2 partition and install a2sdtremor or simpleext on this rom or i have to flash the rom again? any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is collection of all available data/tutorials about samsung galaxy gio,so it may save time for you guys.
    --------------------------------------------
    For Simpilfication each post will contain single tutorial, Main post will only used for New Updates

NOTE: Users Post starts at page number 3 , post number 21.

All tutorials are Below (Post number wise)

Post 2. How to Root Samsung galaxy gio
    Post 3. How to Flash(Install/Update new firmware) Samsung Galaxy gio using ODIN (Firmwares and custom roms)
    post 4. How to create ext2 partition for a2sd
    post 5. How to Enable a2sd darktremor and what is a2sd darktremor?
    post 6. How to Unlock Samsung Galaxy Gio (Carrier Unlock)
    post 7. Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.59 For Galaxy Gio
    post 8. How To Install ClockWork Recovery 5 on Glaxy Gio
    How to Root Samsung Galaxy gio gt-s5660 , gt-s5660M/L/v

The First Step In Modification of you Gio is Rooting , everything starts from Rooting. Many Applications Require Root access for working.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Root Samsung Galaxy gio
    Download root gb updated.zip file. and copy to SD card (not in any folder)
    1. Shutdown/Power Off your Gio.
    2. Put your phone in recovery Mode(press: Home button + Power button toghether)
    3. In recovery mode, select Update from SD-card(Use Volume keys to navigate and home button for enter).
    4. Search for the root gb updated.zip file on your SD-card
    5. Run the update
    6. Reboot
    Phone will be turned on , An App SuperUser will be added , its mean you successfully done rooting , now you must be thinking you have done rooting and nothing really changed, let me tell you my friends its the first step real thing begins after this , read the whole thread and you'll find much more things than you imagined.
    How to create ext2 partition for a2sd

If you do not know what or why are you doing this, do not try this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    NOTE: This Tutorial can be used to make other paritions as well (ext2,ext3,ext4)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to create ext2 partition for a2sd darktremor
    1. Insert the memory card in card reader (don't use phone for partition making)
    2. Open the "Partition Wizard"
    3.Move/Resize Right-click on SDCard and choose Move / Resize
    4.Select the partition size ((Don't have to formate complete card just resize)
    5.Confirm your choice to "OK"
    6.Right-click on the unpartitioned space
    7.Click "Create"
    8. A warning message appears, click "Yes"
    9.Choose "Create as Primary"
    10.Patrition type Ext2
    11.Cluster size 4Kb Cluster size 4Kb
    12.click "Ok"
    13.click "Apply"
    14.Finish
    15.Now you can insert the card into the phone
    Now you want to Update your firmware or want to try a Modified Firmware(Mod) , Lets start Flashing your device.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Firmwares(Official unmodified):
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16979769&postcount=547
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Custom Roms/ Modified Roms
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16979810&postcount=548
    Make sure you have installed Samsung Kies it will install the drivers (Normally windows Install the driver itslef)
    Flashing Samsung Galaxy gio using ODIN

FOR MULTI FILE Firmware Package( example: APBOOT,CODE,MODEM,CSC)

Download ODIN 4.42
    NOTE: Always do a fectory reset before and after flashing to avoid glitches.
    1. Extract and Run Samsung S5660 Galaxy Gio ODIN 4.42 Downloader on your Desktop.
    2. Open ODIN and Click OPS button and select and load: Gio_v1.0.ops
    If you want to flash single file(.tar) click on Single package and locate the single .tar file in single package option . skip to step 7
    3. Click BOOT button and select and load: APBOOT_S5660xxxxx_CL940762_REV03_user_low_true.tar.md5
    4. Click PDA button and select and load: CODE_S5660xxxxx_CL940762_REV03_user_low_true.tar.md5
    5. Click PHONE button and select: MODEM_S5660xxxxx_CL928654_REV03.tar.md5
    6. Click CSC button and select: GT-S5660-MULTI-CSC-Oxxxxx.tar.md5
    7. Turn the Samsung Galaxy Gio into Download mode by pressing ( Volume Down + OK + Power ) together.
    8. Connect Cable phone to pc Make sure that the program detect the phone.
    9. Click Start button if all set and ready,and wait until the program will finished downloading files. A word PASS! will appear if the flashing successfully completes.
    The phone will then reboot,you can check and confirm the newly downloaded firmware version by typing *#1234# and then do a full reset by typing this Code *2767*3855#

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Single package .tar file follow this
    Download ODIN 4.42
    NOTE: Always do a fectory reset before and after flashing to avoid glitches.
    1. Extract and Run Samsung S5660 Galaxy Gio ODIN 4.42 Downloader on your Desktop
    2. Open ODIN and Click OPS button and select and load: Gio_v1.0.ops
    3. click on Single package On ODIN
    4. Now click on last option single package and locate the single .tar file
    5. Turn the Samsung Galaxy Gio into Download mode by pressing ( Volume Down + OK + Power ) together.
    6. Connect Cable phone to pc Make sure that the program detect the phone.
    7. Click Start button if all set and ready,and wait until the program will finished downloading files. A word PASS! will appear if the flashing successfully completes.
    The phone will then reboot,you can check and confirm the newly downloaded firmware version by typing *#1234# and then do a full reset by typing this Code *2767*3855#
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How To Install ClockWork Recovery

NOTE: Your Phone Must be Rooted and must be above 2.3.3 to Install ClockWork Recovery
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    1.Download the CWM 5.0 v2 and copy to the Root (not in any folder) of your SD card

2. Put your phone in recovery Mode(press: Home button + Power button toghether)
    3. In recovery mode, select the downloaded file from SD-card(Use Volume keys to navigate and home button for enter).
    4. Search for the root gb updated.zip file on your SD-card
    5. Run the update
    6. Reboot

----------------------------------------------------