[ROM][VIEW][GB] DeSensed-View GB Edition- V1 - 4/24/2012 (NO longer supported)

Search This thread

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
You must already be on GB and have recovery installed. If you are on HC you must follow the directions in the forum on how to downgrade to GB
Use kevinrocksman's awesome tool to get to HC from GB(or downgrade from HC to GB, and many other convenient tools). He makes it easy for you :)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1418258

This is a preview release of my DeSensed-View rom. This is WIP and this is the first preview release

Features:
Based off the Stock GB rom for the View
Lovethyevo's custom OC kernel. Thread found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1401112
deodexed
rooted
busybox
zipaligned
init.d support
ADW Launcher
Stock GB Bootanimation
Stock Calculator
Stock GB Browser
Stock GB Email App
A lot of the sense/htc apps and launcher removed
sprint bloat removed
Stock GB KB
Advanced power menus
Stock GB style status bar and icons
Stock GB lockscreen
maybe some other stuff I'm forgetting... lol
system rw at boot
phone.apk, telephony and hands free activation removed (radios disabled) I will released a 3g/4g enabler soon

Issues
You tell me.. test and let me know what's jacked up
When going through setup wizard and trying to select time zone it will FC. This is because the radios are disabled and it uses them to auto set your time zone. Just keep pressing next through set up and once it's finished you can go into settings and change it.
Maps might force close once or twice until you set up wifi
I have included the KB from CM7 but the keys are pretty small so I also included the GB KB,, the keys are small as well but you can make them bigger in settings

I am not responsible if you flash this and you brick your ****

DO NOT FLASH IF YOU ARE ON HONEYCOMB.. Follow the threads in the forum to learn how to downgrade to GB and get/keep s-off

Download Link: v 1
WIFI ONLY: http://goo.im/devs/graffixnyc/HTC_Evo_View/DeSensedViewGBv1.zip
Mirror : Coming soon

To enable sprint 3g/4g service flash this zip after you have flashed the rom(you can flash it right after flashing the rom) http://goo.im/devs/graffixnyc/HTC_Evo_View/enable4gGB.zip
mirror: http://d-h.st/1vm

Installation Instructions:
DO A BACK UP!
If coming from another ROM perform a FULL wipe in clockwork recovery: mounts and storage -> format /system format /data format /cache
If updating from a previous version of this rom just wipe the caches unless told otherwise
Flash the rom zip
reboot
enjoy

Changelog:
Code:
Changes in V1:
Fixed checkboxes being cut off
added live wallpaper picker back in
updated to google play store
got the AOSP calendar working
removed HTC calendar
removed a few other HTC apps that were left behind
moved flash player from being a system app to a user app
changed wifi scan to 180

A few people have PM'ed me asking about donating. Well, I dont/wont ever ask for donations and honestly I prefer to NOT get donations. I do this work first and for most for me(Yeah I'm a selfish bastard) so I can learn more, so I can make my device the way I want my device, I just decide to share what I make for myself instead of keeping it for myself (I'm selfish, not greedy) and I feel if people start donating they might get more demanding and feel more entitled so I'd rather just skip all of that potential drama. When it comes to requesting things in this rom, I will put them in IF it's something I would use myself. If it's not, then I most likely wont add it. So please dont donate to me, If you want to do some good instead of donating to me, donate to a worthy charity instead! Thank you all for using my rom!

Last edited:

spartan1987

Aug 5, 2010
Atlanta
So I know there are a lot of people that prefer GB over HC, So I have decided to make a DeSensed-View GB edition rom. I'm working on it as I type this message...So if you want some DeSensed GB goodness Stay Tuned....

Cool. I hate GB but its great to have choice. Looking forward to this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA

freak4dell

Aug 10, 2008
Well, as much as I hate having to go back to an older version, I don't like HC very much, so I will definitely try this ROM out.

graffixnyc

Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
So while I have the rom deodexing(it takes a while) I've been playing with the stock rom, deleteing crap and seeing what will break, also trying to add in some AOSP elements... that way when it is deodexing then I know exactly what I can remove and/or replace

removed a ****load of bloat and useless htc apps
rosie is gone, all the rosie widgets are gone, I have the free version of ADW, Stock GB browser and 3D Gallery all working, the stock calculator is working, GB KB included, The stock Calendar, contacts, camera or mms didnt work but I can try to tinker with them later

but the biggest one so far is I got rid of the Sense lock screen and have the stock GB one ;) So much easier to do on GB than HC!

I might have a preview release up in a few hours

killahrey

Aug 23, 2009
East Texas
pretty cool man. but i think it would probably be pretty easy to actually build cm7 for the view. I believe the flyer has it going.

graffixnyc

Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
pretty cool man. but i think it would probably be pretty easy to actually build cm7 for the view. I believe the flyer has it going.

pretty easy if you know how to kernel dev :) without a kernel dev porting the flyer CM7 kernel over or creating a new one we wont get anything AOSP :( The View only has a couple devs and zero kernel devs which means we are up ****s creek without a paddle for the time being

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
pretty easy if you know how to kernel dev :) without a kernel dev porting the flyer CM7 kernel over or creating a new one we wont get anything AOSP :( The View only has a couple devs and zero kernel devs which means we are up ****s creek without a paddle for the time being

I asked the guy who did the Flyer CM rom to throw us Viewers a bone and port his Flyer version to the View. He said he might make it a weekend project but not promising anything.

If interested run over to his thread and pm the dev (very nicely) that you heard a rumor he might consider doing a View port and you just wanted to support the idea.

Maybe a little future fan influence will motivate him :)

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

graffixnyc

Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
I noticed the market wasnt updating to the Play Store.. I'll include the updated APK in the next release but until then you can just install this and it will overwrite the market with playstore. No need to push it, just install it like you would any side loaded apk

http://d-h.st/aQQ

graffixnyc

Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Another issue I found was sometimes the unlock slider disappears when you wake the device (just the left one though) but if you swipe as if it was there it unlocks. I'll have to look into that

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
Sounds great :) I may hold off on testing until it's done. Just hard bricked my E4GT this morning and I'm a bit gun shy.

Never hard bricked a phone before. Accidentally flashed an AOSP ICS rom over an ICS kernel. Apparently this is huge no no. Complete blue light of death hard brick. Thank god for insurance.

freak4dell

Aug 10, 2008
Just installed. Testing now. I'll edit in problems as necessary.

First thing I noticed is that the Setup Wizard force closes if I try to change the time settings. I can change the time settings just fine through the regular settings, though.

The keyboard wouldn't pop up at first for whatever reason. A reboot fixed it, though.

In the settings, the right side of the check boxes are cut off.

Also, the mobile signal level icon still shows up, even though I downloaded the WiFi only ROM. I'm guessing this is just an issue with theming for now, though.

Last edited:

graffixnyc

Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Just installed. Testing now. I'll edit in problems as necessary.

First thing I noticed is that the Setup Wizard force closes if I try to change the time settings. I can change the time settings just fine through the regular settings, though.

The keyboard wouldn't pop up at first for whatever reason. A reboot fixed it, though.

In the settings, the right side of the check boxes are cut off.

Also, the mobile signal level icon still shows up, even though I downloaded the WiFi only ROM. I'm guessing this is just an issue with theming for now, though.

The first issue I mentioned in the OP. The keyboard popped up fine for me the first time. The check boxes I noticed and will look into. And the signal meter will always be there even if its just wifi. But you'll see its a empty signal. The only difference is hc puts a red x through it.

graffixnyc

Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Sounds great :) I may hold off on testing until it's done. Just hard bricked my E4GT this morning and I'm a bit gun shy.

Never hard bricked a phone before. Accidentally flashed an AOSP ICS rom over an ICS kernel. Apparently this is huge no no. Complete blue light of death hard brick. Thank god for insurance.

You don't have to be shy. I've been running it since last night and there are no huge major bugs that are show stoppers. Every rom has issues and is never perfect. But even though its a preview release its pretty stable except for the few mentioned small issues.

freak4dell

Aug 10, 2008
The first issue I mentioned in the OP. The keyboard popped up fine for me the first time. The check boxes I noticed and will look into. And the signal meter will always be there even if its just wifi. But you'll see its a empty signal. The only difference is hc puts a red x through it.

Doh...I just suck at reading, then.

You don't have to be shy. I've been running it since last night and there are no huge major bugs that are show stoppers. Every rom has issues and is never perfect. But even though its a preview release its pretty stable except for the few mentioned small issues.

Agreed. So far, it's definitely smooth, and just has those minor issues. I think this will do just fine until we get ICS (though I'll go over to an AOSP GB ROM if we get one). I like it better than Honeycomb already, even if it is an older system.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Any chance I could get pointed in the right direction as far as getting the APK to enable live wallpapers again?

graffixnyc

Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Doh...I just suck at reading, then.

Agreed. So far, it's definitely smooth, and just has those minor issues. I think this will do just fine until we get ICS (though I'll go over to an AOSP GB ROM if we get one). I like it better than Honeycomb already, even if it is an older system.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Any chance I could get pointed in the right direction as far as getting the APK to enable live wallpapers again?

Didn't realize I took them out. Lol I must a went a little trigger happy on the delete key. Haha I'll get it back in.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You must already be on GB and have recovery installed. If you are on HC you must follow the directions in the forum on how to downgrade to GB
    Use kevinrocksman's awesome tool to get to HC from GB(or downgrade from HC to GB, and many other convenient tools). He makes it easy for you :)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1418258

This is a preview release of my DeSensed-View rom. This is WIP and this is the first preview release

Features:
    Based off the Stock GB rom for the View
    Lovethyevo's custom OC kernel. Thread found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1401112
    deodexed
    rooted
    busybox
    zipaligned
    init.d support
    ADW Launcher
    Stock GB Bootanimation
    Stock Calculator
    Stock GB Browser
    Stock GB Email App
    A lot of the sense/htc apps and launcher removed
    sprint bloat removed
    Stock GB KB
    Advanced power menus
    Stock GB style status bar and icons
    Stock GB lockscreen
    maybe some other stuff I'm forgetting... lol
    system rw at boot
    phone.apk, telephony and hands free activation removed (radios disabled) I will released a 3g/4g enabler soon

Issues
    You tell me.. test and let me know what's jacked up
    When going through setup wizard and trying to select time zone it will FC. This is because the radios are disabled and it uses them to auto set your time zone. Just keep pressing next through set up and once it's finished you can go into settings and change it.
    Maps might force close once or twice until you set up wifi
    I have included the KB from CM7 but the keys are pretty small so I also included the GB KB,, the keys are small as well but you can make them bigger in settings

DO NOT FLASH IF YOU ARE ON HONEYCOMB.. Follow the threads in the forum to learn how to downgrade to GB and get/keep s-off

Download Link: v 1
    WIFI ONLY: http://goo.im/devs/graffixnyc/HTC_Evo_View/DeSensedViewGBv1.zip
    Mirror : Coming soon

To enable sprint 3g/4g service flash this zip after you have flashed the rom(you can flash it right after flashing the rom) http://goo.im/devs/graffixnyc/HTC_Evo_View/enable4gGB.zip
    mirror: http://d-h.st/1vm

Installation Instructions:
    DO A BACK UP!
    If coming from another ROM perform a FULL wipe in clockwork recovery: mounts and storage -> format /system format /data format /cache
    If updating from a previous version of this rom just wipe the caches unless told otherwise
    Flash the rom zip
    reboot
    enjoy

Changelog:
    Code:
    Changes in V1:
    removed HTC calendar
    changed wifi scan to 180

A few people have PM'ed me asking about donating. Well, I dont/wont ever ask for donations and honestly I prefer to NOT get donations. I do this work first and for most for me(Yeah I'm a selfish bastard) so I can learn more, so I can make my device the way I want my device, I just decide to share what I make for myself instead of keeping it for myself (I'm selfish, not greedy) and I feel if people start donating they might get more demanding and feel more entitled so I'd rather just skip all of that potential drama. When it comes to requesting things in this rom, I will put them in IF it's something I would use myself. If it's not, then I most likely wont add it. So please dont donate to me, If you want to do some good instead of donating to me, donate to a worthy charity instead! Thank you all for using my rom!
    Uploading a new version now.

Changes in this version:
    removed HTC calendar
    Hmmm. This is kind of odd.

I see that Flash is installed and yet embedded flash is nit working anywhere. YouTube works just fine in the YouTube app. For any embedded flash I am just getting a little blue lego piece icon with a questionmark in it.

Ideas?

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2

hmm well, I did have it as a system app before. Maybe that was causing it. I'm uploading a new version now and I have moved it to be a non system app
    I know this rom is no longer supported, however does anyone have the file?