Dungeon Hunter 4

Search This thread

05Warrior

Mar 5, 2012
Cypress
OMG is this game laggy on this tablet. Is anyone else playing this game with no lag? If so what did you do. My Samsung S3 plays this game with zero lag. But I keep changing Roms and I have no idea how to save this game. Any help would be great... Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

ronniereiff

Oct 28, 2012
Pride
Runs smooth for me on balanced mode besides the characters walking animation not being smooth. Every time he takes two steps I feel a slight stop and go in the game.
Cromi 3.4.7 (jb4.1.1) with hunds kernel v2.2

05Warrior

Mar 5, 2012
Cypress
Thx for the reply. Looks like I might need to root my tablet. Since the 4. 2 update this tablet is very laggy.

codeinish

Nov 26, 2012
OMG is this game laggy on this tablet. Is anyone else playing this game with no lag? If so what did you do. My Samsung S3 plays this game with zero lag. But I keep changing Roms and I have no idea how to save this game. Any help would be great... Thanks

The tf700 is too weak for this game (and others...).

fsured

Jul 25, 2011

I don't think the tablet being too weak for games would be correct. This tablet has the cpu/gpu to run them. There is something else that is keeping games from having full compatibility or smoothness with this tablet. You can search and find theories from game developers being too lazy to properly code or there being an underlining issue with Tegra3 chips that Nvidia never addressed but was supposedly working on a patch for. More likely it's the high resolution of the screen which we all ready know causes a performance hit. I don't see that as being week since it is giving us a beautiful picture when using the tablet for various tasks. For those running a custom rom, is there the option to lower the resolution of the screen for extra performance?

To the original poster, not make it sound like you don't know what your tablet is doing, but are you running anything in the background or accidentally have battery saver set? I will try downloading this game and see what I get performance wise. I'm running a fresh stock install of 4.1 firmware.

----------
No problems for me running the game on stock firmware 4.1. Ran it in both performance and balanced mode.

Last edited:

ronniereiff

Oct 28, 2012
Pride
Also im on cromi-x 4.5 with hunds 3.0.6 kernel today, running close to smooth with hunds kernel app that sets the cpu/gpu for games. Sadly i cant run the game on medium setting because the app wont save the settings after game relaunches :mad:
Edit: got it to change

Last edited:

codeinish

Nov 26, 2012
I don't think the tablet being too weak for games would be correct. This tablet has the cpu/gpu to run them. There is something else that is keeping games from having full compatibility or smoothness with this tablet. You can search and find theories from game developers being too lazy to properly code or there being an underlining issue with Tegra3 chips that Nvidia never addressed but was supposedly working on a patch for. More likely it's the high resolution of the screen which we all ready know causes a performance hit. I don't see that as being week since it is giving us a beautiful picture when using the tablet for various tasks. For those running a custom rom, is there the option to lower the resolution of the screen for extra performance?

I stated that the tf700 is too weak for this game.
I agree that the tf700 has got the potential to be a game perfomer, but unfortunately it ain't.
You elaborated the reasons for this and I think you're right.
Yet, we are not living in theories but in reality where game developers skip our device
(I tried to address some of them asking for a fix, but to no avail).

Here is an example of a correspondence I had with Get Set games inc.:

"Dear Dev,

My almost 2 year old daughter is mad about Mega Run (which she keep calling "Monkey Circles").
I am an old fan of Mega Run and Mega Jump too.
The issue is that the game's graphics are not optimised for the 10 inch screen of the Asus Infinity (TF700).
Therefore the graphics are a bit blurry.
I would appreciate it if you could help me find a solution for what I have described,
or maybe issue a version that will be optimised for our tf700's screen.
Hope my request will be considered since as I have written, we love your application.

Thanks with advance and keep up the good work.

REPLY:

Thanks for getting in contact with us and for the feedback. It is great to hear that you and your daughter have been enjoying Mega Run. We have just release Mega Run on Android, and with that release we chose to only have one set of graphics at a medium/high resolution. The reason we chose to do this is that most Android devices fit this resolution very well. In the future, we hope to have higher resolution graphics for tablets such as the Asus Infinity.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Mike"

IMHO - this is not a standard machine... I should have learned this sooner (before I purchased it).

Anyways, the TF700 has it's strong areas: great device for playing all kinds of media and even some games.
The mSD slot is awesome and all in all I enjoy it.

Last edited:
It runs fairly well, actually. Frankly, it runs smoother than Skyrim ever did on my PC. :p (That game used to literally freeze every 2 steps to re-render the scene. Crappy coding from Bethesda... As per bloody usual.)

"Dear Dev,

My almost 2 year old daughter is mad about Mega Run (which she keep calling "Monkey Circles").
The issue is that the game's graphics are not optimised for the 10 inch screen of the Asus Infinity (TF700).
I would appreciate it if you could help me find a solution for what I have described,
Hope my request will be considered since as I have written, we love your application.

REPLY:

Thanks for getting in contact with us and for the feedback. It is great to hear that you and your daughter have been enjoying Mega Run. We have just release Mega Run on Android, and with that release we chose to only have one set of graphics at a medium/high resolution. The reason we chose to do this is that most Android devices fit this resolution very well. In the future, we hope to have higher resolution graphics for tablets such as the Asus Infinity.

Mike"

You could've known the game would be blurry. Games are made with the 'hyped' devices in mind: The Galaxy Tab and the Galaxy S3. Which both run 1280x800, as opposed to 'our' 1920x1200.. (Quite a significant size increase.)

Anything with a higher resolution is a HD version, and specifically has HD listed behind it. ('Angry Birds HD'.)

Give it +-six months. Then, the SGS4 and the Note 3 will be the top devices alongside the HTC One and the potential new Nexus. And developers will have no other choice but to finally make games and apps in HD.

huy_lonewolf

Mar 5, 2012
Singapore
It runs fairly well, actually. Frankly, it runs smoother than Skyrim ever did on my PC. :p (That game used to literally freeze every 2 steps to re-render the scene. Crappy coding from Bethesda... As per bloody usual.)

You could've known the game would be blurry. Games are made with the 'hyped' devices in mind: The Galaxy Tab and the Galaxy S3. Which both run 1280x800, as opposed to 'our' 1920x1200.. (Quite a significant size increase.)

Anything with a higher resolution is a HD version, and specifically has HD listed behind it. ('Angry Birds HD'.)

Give it +-six months. Then, the SGS4 and the Note 3 will be the top devices alongside the HTC One and the potential new Nexus. And developers will have no other choice but to finally make games and apps in HD.

I agree with you that eventually 1920x1080 will be a common resolution for Android devices, but I still believe Tegra 3 is too weak to run those games at full HD resolution (all Full HD devices I know have either a Snapdragon S4 Pro or Snapdragon 600 to power that many pixels). I have seen quite a few games that lag miserably on my tf700, even if it is optimized for Tegra. Example, Beach Buggy Blitz (running at max setting of this game is a big no-no on my tf700).

As for Skyrim, I really have no complaint about frame drop and stuttering, it runs quite smoothly on my laptop. Nevertheless, given the diversity of PC hardware, it could just be that I was lucky to have fully compatible hardware.

Ghorin

Aug 8, 2012
I don't agree : Dungeon Hunter 4 is very laggy on my tab and i am not playing that game anymore due to that issue. But i have played many hours to The Bard's Tale and it worked nearly perfectly (it would lag only when a lot of characters and huge effects, that means about 10 seconds every 4 hours) and bard's tale is imo more beautiful than dh4 and still it was developed in 2012 when hd screens were very rare. So imo the dh4 lag issue comes from poor design and programming.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

I agree with you that eventually 1920x1080 will be a common resolution for Android devices, but I still believe Tegra 3 is too weak to run those games at full HD resolution (all Full HD devices I know have either a Snapdragon S4 Pro or Snapdragon 600 to power that many pixels). I have seen quite a few games that lag miserably on my tf700, even if it is optimized for Tegra. Example, Beach Buggy Blitz (running at max setting of this game is a big no-no on my tf700).

It's primarily the I/O issue, not the Tegra 3.

The problem is that games are optimized for snapdragons because that's what the hyped, common-cattle owned devices (SGS3/4 & GT2) run.

SoulCraft THD: Perfectly.
SHADOWGUN THD: Perfectly.
Samurai II: Vengeance THD: Perfectly.
Puddle THD: Perfectly.
Zombie Driver THD: Perfectly.
Renaissance Blood THD: Runs well.
The Bard's Tale: Fine.
N.O.V.A. 3: Some issue with green images in main menu/intro, Game itself runs fine.

So no, it's not the Tegra 3. It's lazy developers and crap engines.

As for Skyrim, I really have no complaint about frame drop and stuttering, it runs quite smoothly on my laptop. Nevertheless, given the diversity of PC hardware, it could just be that I was lucky to have fully compatible hardware.

It's since been fixed in the patches. The issue occured during the first 3 updates (including vanilla base.). At one point I had backwards flying dragons that spun around breathing fire in mid air and stopped every few seconds as the game froze and unfroze :laugh: The engine Skyrim runs on is 12 years old, and instead of using a clean version they retasked the Fallout one with all the coding still cluttering it.

Tylorw1

Feb 10, 2013
Ohio
tylorhost.me
The main fault in this tablet is the i/o. Everything else is perfectly big enough to run the screen. With such crappy i/o, the tablet cannot cache applications at a rate needed, especially for files made for Full HD screens. This can be solved with a B2R tpye script or Data2SD. With Data2SD, even on a pretty cheap card, the tablet runs much much smoother. This is why the browser on stock runs so terribly. The internal i/o cant cache it fast enough. So, the Tega 3 is more then enough of power, but the problem is the i/o, which can only even start to be tweaked by unlocking/rooting, but even then there is no fix.

Tylor

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
ROM: CromiX 4.5 DeOdex
Kernel: MaxKernel V2

_that

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 2, 2012
The main fault in this tablet is the i/o. Everything else is perfectly big enough to run the screen. With such crappy i/o, the tablet cannot cache applications at a rate needed, especially for files made for Full HD screens.

GPU performance has nothing to do with I/O.

I/O is slow for random writes, yes - but games usually don't write a lot to storage. The GPU is slow because it is simply not very powerful. See here:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6036/asus-transformer-pad-infinity-tf700t-review/4

With good programming, it can drive the full HD screen with acceptable framerate (see Epic Citadel), but apparently not every engine is so well optimized.

rushless

Jan 16, 2008

I notice the Nook HD+ that also has a 1080p display seems to play games smoother than the 700. Performance is about in between the 700 and 300, with the 300 being better overall.

The 4470 gpu is more robust for higher def displays and has dual channel memory, but a dual core. I would have expected the net result to be a wash, but does seem the dual channel memory might be the difference.

For game emulators though that are cpu heavy like MAMEreloaded, the Nook is a little faster. Gets hot in the bottom right corner though.

Last edited:

screamnslave

May 26, 2013
horrible

Yeah i tried this game. Changed graphics settings in game to lowest and had performance mode on and it still lagged like crazy. Not really my kind of game to begin with so it didn't upset me too badly, but i would have expected more from such a high end tablet.

Ghorin

Aug 8, 2012
I have uninstalled the game today : too laggy and i still believe that its code is bad (bard's tale is so much smoother on my same tab)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

eeeeeeeeek

Dec 17, 2008
Escondido CA
I know this is a bit of an old thread, I just not stumbled upon it. I've been using cromi-x for quite some time, and on earlier versions I didn't have much issue until I got into higher levels where more monsters generated, then it would lag briefly and go back to normal. As of lately I haven't even been able to play the game. I've played a few other games that seem to have similar features and get zero lag. Though I'm not a coder or developer, I feel that this is a issue with the game itself combined with i/o limitations of our tablet. SDBags has done some amazing work on his rom. I've tried all sorts of kernel and tweak combinations, none of which seem to correct the issue. To make the issue worse I was level 42 and lost my entire game and $40 worth of purchases that gameloft has yet to refund me. That, of course doesn't have anything to do with the laggy issue. I thought I would bump the thread to see if anyone else has come up with anything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

"Dear Dev,

REPLY:

Mike"