Am I safe to update to Kitkat?

Search This thread

TylerMarshall256

Jan 11, 2013
Huntsville
I Got this phone in the mail off Ebay today. And within the first hour I updated it to 4.3 and rooted it. And now I'm getting another OTA update notification. I'm not new to rooting and stuff but I am new to Samsung. So I'm a little worried if I should do the update or not. I don't wanna get stuck in a bootloop or anything.

I'm rooted
I'm running 4.3
I have Clockwork flashed
Rom is stock

All I'd like to know is if I am safe to update? I heard you are and then I've heard you're not.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Ok, here is the modded OTA!

It should allow you to flash via TWRP or CWM recoveries, and it should also preserve root!

You will still need to be full stock for it to work as it still will go through its checks before flashing. It is not recommended to remove these checks because it could cause problems when patching files. Especially if the files being patched have been modded.

THIS IS UNTESTED! I do not have a working device at the moment, (dont have the I747 anyway), so I am unable to test on my own before releasing. I do not foresee any problems, but there just is no way to be positive until its been tried. If there is an issue, it should still just fail before the flash like it always has been supposed to do.

Please post back ASAP after trying this out so we know if it is working or not.

Modded_OTA_UCUEMJB-UCUFNE4.zip

Hope this proves helpful for some of you!
Doc :cowboy:

TylerMarshall256

Jan 11, 2013
Huntsville
Ok, here is the modded OTA!

It should allow you to flash via TWRP or CWM recoveries, and it should also preserve root!

You will still need to be full stock for it to work as it still will go through its checks before flashing. It is not recommended to remove these checks because it could cause problems when patching files. Especially if the files being patched have been modded.

THIS IS UNTESTED! I do not have a working device at the moment, (dont have the I747 anyway), so I am unable to test on my own before releasing. I do not foresee any problems, but there just is no way to be positive until its been tried. If there is an issue, it should still just fail before the flash like it always has been supposed to do.

Please post back ASAP after trying this out so we know if it is working or not.

Modded_OTA_UCUEMJB-UCUFNE4.zip

Hope this proves helpful for some of you!
Doc :cowboy:

I would test it but I just can't. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't break anything. But I haven't had this phone for 24 hours yet, I just bought it and it's the only one I got. I even paid my bill today too. And I'm looking for another job and you have to have a phone for that lol. Post it up on the forum and let someone who knows more than I do test it because I'm just gonna have to wuss out on this one. I appreciate it though!:good::good:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No sweat. I completely understand! I may go ahead and make a thread for it, but was hoping to verify it works first. Ill post it in the other ota thread for now.
    And yes, I am close to Huntsville. Good luck on your job hunt!
    not sure but if you can unroot you can allways re root in 4.4
    If no one else has done so yet, ive got a modded ota that should allow you to flash via cwm or twrp, and should preserve root.
    Its uploading now.