[Q] Boot loop after attempted re-stocking using Odin

Search This thread

misspatti

Mar 24, 2013
I have a Galaxy Tab 7, T-Mobile version (although I only use wi-fi, not data). I flashed once before using Overcome and it worked perfect, but after my tab started acting crazy - constantly crashing and rebooting - I tried to re-stock and re-flash. I went through the first steps - pit, GB safe stock, T-Mobile modem...and it all went fine, except it was stuck in boot. I tried the hidden pit, which I found in a troubleshoot thread - still stuck in boot.

Then I tried the dbdata.rfs in PDA, which I came across on Fix My IT System...still stuck in boot, and now if I try to load GB safe stock in PDA, I get a fail. Twice I have unplugged in Download, because of Fail and not advancing download...and both times when connect to Odin and load dbdata.rfs in PDA it resets and I can re-enter download mode and recovery<3e>, but it's still stuck in boot.

Is there any hope for me?

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
If you are restocking and still failing, there is a possibility that your internal nand chip is failing. Also the fact that it suddenly start crashing initially.
There may be ways to run cm rom on external sd that is properly partitioned, if you still want to get some live out of your tab.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: misspatti

misspatti

Mar 24, 2013
If you are restocking and still failing, there is a possibility that your internal nand chip is failing. Also the fact that it suddenly start crashing initially.
There may be ways to run cm rom on external sd that is properly partitioned, if you still want to get some live out of your tab.

The thought had occurred to me, although I did fix the Odin stock load fail with some further digging (re-loaded USB drivers, plugged cable into different port). Still boot looping...doesn't even boot enough to get adb logcat.

P1 add hidden doesn't help, and makes the next attempt fail, and I have to reload drivers. Same with dbdata.rfs. Although after reflashing dbdata.rfs I can get to recovery<3e> and boot into download. Checksum fails after P1_add_hidden and after dbdata.rfs, but not after USB reload and GB Stock Safe flash. Still stuck at Samsung logo, though.

Is there any way to find out if the chip is my problem for sure, short of tearing the Tab apart?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.