Stuck in Recovery Boot Loop after Rooting...

Search This thread

Goliathius

Mar 9, 2014
Toronto
I'm using the Canadian version of the Galaxy Note 3: SM-N900W8. I was rooted and used Kingo to unroot and updated my firmware to Kitkat 4.4.2.
I then successfully rooted with Kingo but it then went into the Recovery Boot loop. ( Displays on top left of screen).
I removed battery but it returns to the boot loop. Been reading up on some steps. I'm trying to flash a stock ROM via Odin. How can I put my phone into download mode when it will not respond to hitting the three buttons. Vol down + Home + Power. Also which version of Rom is needed. Please advise how to recover my phone from this state. I do not have much experience with this hence my post for help.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

Last edited:

alquistador

Jan 3, 2011
I'm using the Canadian version of the Galaxy Note 3: SM-N900W8. I was rooted and used Kingo to unroot and updated my firmware to Kitkat 4.4.2.
I then successfully rooted with Kingo but it then went into the Recovery Boot loop. ( Displays on top left of screen).
I removed battery but it returns to the boot loop. Been reading up on some steps. I'm trying to flash a stock ROM via Odin. How can I put my phone into download mode when it will not respond to hitting the three buttons. Vol down + Home + Power. Also which version of Rom is needed. Please advise how to recover my phone from this state. I do not have much experience with this hence my post for help.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

having the exact same problem. Help?

Goliathius

Mar 9, 2014
Toronto
having the exact same problem. Help?
Aluistador
I managed to get my phone back up and running. This is what I did. Inserted my battery and pressed the following buttons in this order.
Press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons but instead of pushing Vol Up button I chose Vol Down instead to restart phone.
This rebooted my phone which is now up and running. Give it a shot and see if it works for you.
Post back if it does. Good luck.

alquistador

Jan 3, 2011
Aluistador
I managed to get my phone back up and running. This is what I did. Inserted my battery and pressed the following buttons in this order.
Press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons but instead of pushing Vol Up button I chose Vol Down instead to restart phone.
This rebooted my phone which is now up and running. Give it a shot and see if it works for you.
Post back if it does. Good luck.

i odin twrp and it appears everything is operating fine. i tried the chain fire cf auto root and that also give me a fail. no root for me.

Goliathius

Mar 9, 2014
Toronto
i odin twrp and it appears everything is operating fine. i tried the chain fire cf auto root and that also give me a fail. no root for me.

It appears that my root also did not go through even though it said root successful with Kingo. I guess the boot loop messed it up. I'm going to keep it here fir now as I need my phone tomorrow. Might give the root another shot another time. Just happy I was able to bring it back into operation. I'm glad you got your back as well.
Cheers!!