The HP Touchpad Fire sale MASTER Thread

Search This thread

Markiddo

Jul 28, 2011
did you buy it in the hp website? and does it have an expandeble memory lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

/root

Jul 17, 2010
Hell ya! Am trying to buy one asap. doesnt matter if we couldn't get a honeycomb on it, the community(we) cud surely mod it somehow.
Worth the price as of now.

crashingout

Aug 1, 2008
As far as europe, the EU should wait until the fire sale is officially announced, which by then all the major retailers including amazon should have slashed their price. The sale is tomorrow, people here in the US got the slip though and snuck through :)
I guarantee tomorrow best buy will be advertising these for cheap, they have a massive unsold stock that they don't know what to do with, HP told best buy they won't take them back, so they HAVE to sell them for cheap to get rid of them :)

floating_point_unit

Jul 25, 2011
Thanks crashingout! I will be on lookout.

The hardware is too awesome to miss it, even for poor bastard like me (who thought he can't afford a decent tablet, haha... ;) ).

fpu

crashingout

Aug 1, 2008
ATTENTION GUYS, If you want a touchpad for dirt cheap you are going to have to be quick and resourceful. If you want one here is the latest info on where you can find them, as well as the real sale info:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2391460,00.asp

go there if you want to get one, and remember, there are a lot of people out there are that are probably thinking $100, thats ****ing cheap!

kyndal

Oct 4, 2008
i just picked up mine (32gb 149$)
Staples.ca has them 16gb 99.99$ and 32gb 149.99$

THEN!. i started googling.. ahhha ..
too good a price to miss..

it WILL run linux or android.. or even just a rooted webos.
and worst case scenario my mom has a new gadget

/Kyndal

Last edited:

kichikun

Feb 22, 2011
Pricematching with Wal Mart seems like a good idea to try, assuming they have any in stock.

I get into town Monday morning, so I'll try to stop by with a print-out of HP's plan and give it a try.

MehLon

Oct 30, 2009
Anyone know if there's anywhere in the UK that's doing the fire sale? And as for porting Honeycomb over, that would make it insane :D

kichikun

Feb 22, 2011
We just got one from HP's small business page.

Took about 1.5 hours since I had a lot of HTTP 500 errors and 'page not found', but I figure HP is getting slammed by people trying to buy one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know it would need a lot of trust, but I'd be willing to go back to Best Buy if people want me to grab them one. Any takers? I might be able to convince a co worker to go too. They only allowed the both of us one this morning, but said they had plenty.
    This is a beautiful case study in freedom based economics.

First HP set the price too high. So there was high supply and low demand, which resulted in a surplus. Then HP sets the price too low, so we have high demand and low supply, which results in a shortage.

It looks like most HP Touchpads are going for $275ish on eBay. That is the price the market (people) have set. No surplus, no shortage. That is the price HP should be selling these for.

Blame HP for allowing people to hoard their product. Not the hoarders.
    HP TouchPad Available for $99 on Amazon!

The HP TouchPad is available through Amazon.
    The seller is OnSale. (They are in association with MacMall and PCMall.)

Links:

16GB:
    http://www.amazon.com/Smartbuy-Touc...ess/dp/B0056UOUC8?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals

32GB:
    http://www.amazon.com/HP-FB356UT-QU...ess/dp/B0056UOUHS?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals

They are IN STOCK AS OF AUGUST 21, 2011 4:21 pm PST.

Get it fast! The last sale on Amazon only LASTED 4 MINUTES.

Reasons to Buy:
    16GB was $400 before and 32GB was $500 before!
    And I heard XDA Developers are creating an Android port.
    Get a free 50GB Box.net for life!
    Not for Sure: HP gives a 1-year manufacture's warranty.

All Credits go to "iconian" of Slickdeals for finding the deals.
    Link: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3220862#edit41815736

- DongDoeMan
    From their Facebook post:

Newegg.com
    Hi Fans! We want to let you know we are aware of the recent price drop on the HP Touchpads. We also want you to know that we will be reaching out via e-mail very soon to offer an appropriate price adjustment to all of our customers who have purchased HP Touchpads from Newegg – regardless of the date of purchase.

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience as we work through the details!

Keep an eye out, they have quite a few of them!!