[GT-I9505 + GT-I9505G] CF-Auto-Root

Search This thread

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
So - ROOT now is ready [thank]chainfire[/thank]
it's time for dump for i9505, and create ROM via Odin for restore...

There's no need to dump, as most people who actually have the device will also have access to the firmware ;)

EDIT: For some reason some people have taken the above comment as me going "nananana you don't have a firmware! *giggle*" at others ... seriously ...

Last edited:

Cypher_X

Dec 7, 2008
My country will get the I9505 only I believe, but I haven't decided yet whether I'm getting that one, or importing an I9500.

Afaik the I9505 will be the only device. So far i didn't read about the I9500 being offerd by any carrier or store in NL.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

soraxd

Jun 23, 2010
cleveland

we still have such limited information at this point.. especially with all the talk of a mid-late April launch.. i want to hear about the official factory version of the s4.. till then im still torn down the middle on which to get here in the US..

anyways awesome job rooting the s4 already!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

limestar

May 9, 2006
Just got this build on Friday. Can I root it?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365355637414.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365355637414.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 3,978

Paolonicus

Apr 3, 2012
Bulacan
Clockwork Mod Recovery included?

Is this only for Rooting? Does this have CWM Recovery like the one you did on Samsung Galaxy S3? :D

steve07

May 11, 2011
im getting the phone on at&t,im just wondering using this rooting also unlocked the phone so i can use on othere country? thx

Ivan_Belarus

Jul 29, 2011
Minsk
There are tree versions of Galaxy4:

1. with a 1.6 GHz octa-core Exynos 5 proccessor and no LTE (GT-I9500).
2. with a 1.9 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor with LTE (GT-I9505)
3. A Korean variant which features a 1.8 GHz octa-core Exynos 5 processor with LTE (SVH-E300S).

4. :) (GT-I9502) - a Chinese dual-sim.

I guess most people here will own only first two models. So, we're looking forward for CF-Root for 9500.

Last edited:

ganjbass

May 14, 2009
Hello. I just tried to root my i9505. I pass all the stages succesfully. The phone boots but then i get freeze and then restart. when i try to open su programm again the same. :( how i can to remove the root?

ganjbass

May 14, 2009
I replace my device today. Version is xxuamcb_csb. :))) last night I was crying...until morning I change it to new one.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

vampyren

May 14, 2011
There are tree versions of Galaxy4:

1. with a 1.6 GHz octa-core Exynos 5 proccessor and no LTE (GT-I9500).
2. with a 1.9 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor with LTE (GT-I9505)
3. A Korean variant which features a 1.8 GHz octa-core Exynos 5 processor with LTE (SVH-E300S).

4. :) (GT-I9502) - a Chinese dual-sim.

I guess most people here will own only first two models. So, we're looking forward for CF-Root for 9500.

This is what i been reading as well.Just as with S3 the Exynos are not ready yet for LTE (Korean version is somewhat a different story as Samsung uses their own LTE modem).

Any how a word of advice for people wanting to import, my first S3 LTE (Sweden) i bought in the shop and it had hardware problem, it kept re-booting randomly so i am a bit skeptic buying phone abroad incase of something is wrong with it. Warranty can be such a pain in tha A*S if your not careful.
All and all from the scores i seen the two models seem to be pretty equal even if the Exynos shows around 10-15% better values but in the end of the day even S3 was overkill so i doubt you will ever be bothered with the difference. I just sold my S3 to get the S4 but i still think it was a awesome phone frankly it is going to be fast enough for a few years to come , its crazy with quad core 1,2GHz and 2 Gig of ram, remember the old days with single core 800MHz :D

Damn i feel like a baby waiting for Christmas, i want my S4 nooooooowwww :crying::eek::silly:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Check your device model ! Settings -> About device -> Model number. See the third post for exact supported model numbers. If your device is a totally different model, it will not work (may even brick) !

CF-Root is the root for "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock Samsung firmwares, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root.

Donate
    CF-Root has been available for many devices (Galaxy S1, Galaxy Tab 7", Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S3, and many more) and has clocked over 13 million downloads. This is not even counting custom ROMs that already include it. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!). Imagine if every CF-Root user has donated me $1...

What's installed
    - SuperSU binary and APK
    - Stock recovery

Installation and usage
    Flash the CF-Auto-Root package as PDA in ODIN (details on how to do that are in next post), and your device should reboot into a modified recovery (signified by a large red Android logo) and it will install SuperSU for you and restore the stock recovery, and reboot back into Android.

If you don't get to the red Android logo, boot into recovery manually ("adb reboot recovery", or boot while holding Power+VolUp+Home).

Using this root increases your flash counter. You should run Triangle Away (see below) after rooting to reset the counter. Note that if you want to run custom kernels or custom recoveries, your flash counter will be set to 1 at every boot. Either configure Triangle Away to reset the counter at every boot (Play version only) or only reset the counter when you need to go into warranty.

Did you see the red Android logo during rooting, but SuperSU does not appear? This may sometimes occur due to left-over files and settings, however, you can usually install SuperSU from Google Play at this stage and it'll just work.

Why isn't this just called CF-Root
    The traditional CF-Root's included a custom recovery (CWM, TWRP, etc) and were meant for devices that had a single kernel/recovery combination. CF-Auto-Root doesn't include a custom recovery and is meant for devices that have kernel and recovery separate (so you can manually install any custom recovery you wish). The Auto part comes from the fact that a large part of the process is automated (though it constantly needs adjusting)

Not included - Triangle Away
    Triangle Away can be used to reset the flash counter after installing CF-Root. The flash counter keeps track of how many custom firmwares you have flashed, as this voids warranty. (No idea what this about ? Read up on it, you will want to use this !)

Not included - adbd Insecure
    As this CF-Root does not include a custom kernel, adb shell does not have root access by default (you can still get it by typing su inside the shell), nor is adb remount supported, nor will adb push and adb pull work on system files. adbd Insecure can be used to remedy this situation. (No idea what this is about ? Don't worry about it !)

CF-Auto-Root homepage
    http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/

CF-Auto-Root main thread
    [CENTRAL] CF-Auto-Root
    For requests for new roots and generic discussion - please keep device specific discussion in the thread you are viewing now.
    ODIN Installation (detailed)

Follow these instructions to the letter. Do not touch any buttons or checkboxes that are not listed below to touch!

- Download and unzip the CF-Auto-Root-....zip file (see posts below this one)
    - If you end up with a recovery.img and cache.img file, you've extracted twice. You need to end up with a .tar.md5 file - don't extract that one
    - (USB) Disconnect your phone from your computer
    - Start Odin3-vX.X.exe
    - Click the PDA button, and select CF-Auto-Root-....tar.md5
    - Put your phone in download mode (turn off phone, then hold VolDown+Home+Power to boot - if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button, or run adb reboot download command)
    - (USB) Connect the phone to your computer
    - Make sure Repartition is NOT checked
    - Click the Start button
    - Wait for Android to boot
    - Done (if it took you more than 30 seconds, you need practise!)

NOTE: Sometimes the device does *not* boot into recovery mode and root your device. Just do the entire procedure again if this happens. If it still will not install root and such, make sure that in Odin "Auto Reboot" is not checked. Then after flashing, pull the battery, and boot with VolUp+Home+Power button to boot into recovery manually. This will start the install process.

New to Samsung? Unfamiliar with Odin? Think all the above is a hassle? Get used to it. It's very simple, and us Samsung folk use Odin (or Mobile ODIN ;)) for everything! It's so very very convenient once you get used to it. Notice the 30 second comment above? For experienced users, the entire process indeed takes only 30 seconds!

You may now optionally want to install and run Triangle Away to reset the flash counter.
    Download

GT-I9505: CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip

GT-I9505G: CF-Auto-Root-jgedlte-jgedlteue-gti9505g.zip (Google Edition)

Other models

International Samsung Exynos GT-I9500: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2292615
    Canadian: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2293800
    Sprint: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2291827
    T-Mobile: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2294005
    AT&T: Bootloader locked, do not use CF-Auto-Root on it
    VZW: Bootloader locked, do not use CF-Auto-Root on it
    I'm aware of the issue and I'm working on it :)
    I updated the CF-Auto-Root file for the I9505 (link has stayed the same, see first post), including the new SuperSU. This should just work without any strange workarounds (like Supercurio's StupidSU, or deleting KNOX, or whatnot). At least, it seems to work for me, and I'm on stock MDN firmware (including stock kernel and recovery). I have not seen any SELinux/SEAndroid popups or any of that yet.

I imagine if you have used any of the other fixes, you may still experience issues with this new CF-Auto-Root unless you flash back the correct stock kernel (if you've changed it) and/or system partition (apply CFAR *afterwards*).

Let me know if there's any issues. I've had the SGS4 for a few weeks, but I've gone on vacation as soon as I got it, and only started playing with it yesterday, so I may have overlooked something.

Please don't announce this anywhere else, I'm waiting for the I9500 version to be working properly before announcing it everywhere :)