[Q] LG G2 D802 can't get into download mode

Search This thread

ironsf

Mar 17, 2010
Hi
need help!!!!! :(
My phone is completely messed up.
i got an update form LG.
after installing it the phone got suck in boot loop.
I has CWM installed.
i but could and even when try to install new rom it was still in boot loop.
i installed manual via adb commands TWRP.
and then thing became real bad.
no after it powers up i get the LG logo.
1 sec after i get few error codes and then black screen without ADB support.
i trierd to get into download mode after reading in forums that only this can help.
but I can't.
I powered down my phone in all possible methods:
power 10sec, power + V- 10 sec, power + V+ 10 sec.
after the phone is off i tried power it back into download mode with the next combinations:
power + V+ and then USB, power + V- and then USB,power + V+ and V- and then USB.
did not work.
can't get into download mode.
I will be happy to get some help.
Thanks
Ran :good:

B

bachera

sorry was wrong.

try turn phone off, add usb, then press volume up. I think that's it.

Last edited:

rome9999

Jan 6, 2014
I am having the same problem, went to lg service centre, they could not enter download mode as well. I might need to change the circuit board for $321 singapore dollars..:(

hiddenfive

Jan 7, 2014
Chicago
This happened to me,
Try holding the power and volume down hold until lg logo, let go and press and hold the volume down and power again, it should get you in recovery.

It might get you into a screen called "Factory hard reset" Agree using the power button, and it should take you to your recovery, and try flashing a ROM along with the Gapps (if you want, which I did) and then I used a recovery file after booting back into recovery to restore it to my previous state.

Good luck :good:

Ben_Z98

Apr 4, 2014
Shut down phone

From what I got from this, you're having problems shutting down your phone, correct? It keeps booting back up after the screen goes black? If this is the case, hold the power button (and don't let go) until it goes black, reboots itself, then goes black again. Shouldn't take more than 2 seconds after rebooting to shut down. Then, you can do volume up + USB to get into download mode.

Bullshark_7

Dec 9, 2013
Florence
From what I got from this, you're having problems shutting down your phone, correct? It keeps booting back up after the screen goes black? If this is the case, hold the power button (and don't let go) until it goes black, reboots itself, then goes black again. Shouldn't take more than 2 seconds after rebooting to shut down. Then, you can do volume up + USB to get into download mode.

Thanks for your help,it sorted out my problem! :good: