[Q] Bluetooth Media Streaming on Inspire 4G; Cuts in and out

Search This thread

Irishwake83

Sorry for the long title, and I would post this in the HD revolution forum but I'm not allowed?

Regardless:

I switched to Android Revolution HD from Cyanogen about a month ago and this one issue is driving me frigging CRAZY!! Whenever I'm streaming audio through bluetooth either to my headset or my car it cuts out. I figured out today it's directly related to how many applications are running in the background or how much the processor is having to work.

If I'm listening to audio and try to browse the web it starts cutting out on the order of 1-2 times per 10 seconds. It's not continuing to play the song during the chop either, it straight up halts audio playback for about 1/10th of a second. The weird thing is that it does NOT do this when playing audio through the headphone jack. Only when streaming over bluetooth. The chop is very negligent but it sounds like the phone cutting audio for a notification but I don't have any.

I Googled this and found several different resolutions from turning off WiFi to turning the phone's radio completely off, none of which have worked. I've reinstalled the ROM a total of 3 times, the last of which I re-downloaded the file and checked the MD5. I did not have the problem unrooted or with Cyanogen.

Can anyone help and/or move this thread to the correct forum? Again I am not allowed to post under the development forum.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Irishwake83

Okay. So today I did a bit of testing. I downloaded the latest version of Revolution HD and flashed to the new ROM. I love Sense 3.0, but this is driving me nuts. I reverted back to both the version of Cyanogen that I had, as well as their newest version. Both Cyanogen version work like they are supposed to, no streaming issues whatsoever.

I decided to try out Synergy, as a friend at work recommended it. I like Synergy so far just like Revolution HD but I'll be damned if it doesn't have the same issue. Audio cuts in and out while streaming any content over bluetooth. Youtube, MP3, doesn't matter. I'm half tempted to try every single sense 3.0 rom until I find one thats stable but it sounds like an isolated issue with my phone...

Just wanted to get this thread back on the front and update with the things I tested today. If anyone can help or has any ideas I haven't tried, then by all means...

Thanks.

Irishwake83

I know I'm not the only one experiencing this issue as I see it crop up on almost every Android forum without resolution...

What do I need to do to gain access to the thread where a dev might actually read my post..

Edit: Oh I have to have at least 10 posts. Well hopefully someone will reply to this and give me the opportunity to raise my post count so I can elevate this issue...

Last edited:

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
pwraggcan said:
I've the same issue running cm7. No music streaming over bluetooth.

Sent from my Motorola Startac running Atari 2600 software!

While it seems like the same issue CM uses different BT drivers then sense based roms.

The problem here seems to be a ram issue more then the BT issue. As stated when the music starts skipping is when other apps are in use while listening to music. Have you tried a different music player? What player do you use?

Irishwake83

I have tried every player on the market. It's any media that's streamed, be it a Youtube video, MP3, or what have you.

Again, the problem instantly corrects itself when I run CM7. I actually thought it might be a CPU issue. I know there is the undervolt script on Revo HD so I tried changing around the CPU frequencies as well as running a non-undervolted version of the ROM to no avail. It really feels like a driver issue.

Is there someway to grab the drivers from CM7 and use those with the Sense ROMs?

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Irishwake83 said:
I have tried every player on the market. It's any media that's streamed, be it a Youtube video, MP3, or what have you.

Again, the problem instantly corrects itself when I run CM7. I actually thought it might be a CPU issue. I know there is the undervolt script on Revo HD so I tried changing around the CPU frequencies as well as running a non-undervolted version of the ROM to no avail. It really feels like a driver issue.

Is there someway to grab the drivers from CM7 and use those with the Sense ROMs?

No it can't be done. The drivers CM uses are sub par compared to the stock drivers in sense based roms. Not sub par as in being bad but as in swapping less signal strength for a few rarely needed options.

Sense roms are not compatable with the open source drivers.

Now when you say it corrects is self are you testing with the same player on both roms?

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Irishwake83 said:
Well, yes and no. Youtube videos play fine in CM7 and not in HD Revo. I do however use the default player in CM7 which is different than the players that I have tried with the Sense ROMs.

To be honest I am not sure. I have no problems with my BT connection while listening to music oor watching YouTube but then I don't run my system using heavy apps like GPS. Don't trust a phone GPS at all lol. Burning can play a game and listen to music at the same time. It could be that with sense being a ram hog that it is eating up all your resources and sense CM roms don't have have sense it uses alot less. I run senseless rom built off of the official release and don't have this issue

sarichter

Nov 4, 2011
Phoenix
Bluetooth Range

I am experiencing something similar with my music cutting in and out on my bluetooth wireless headphones... however, the issue is range. They work perfectly when they are in direct line-of-sight and within 5'-0". Once I put the phone in my pocket, the music cuts out. The same goes if I am in direct line-of-sight but farther than 5'-0". I've tried this with several bluetooth wireless headphones and my experience is the same. My assumption would be it's the ROM, but it's a fresh install and I have no other apps running other than the ones the ROM came with. Anyone has any ideas?

Last edited:

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
sarichter said:
I am experiencing something similar with my music cutting in and out on my bluetooth wireless headphones... however, the issue is range. They work perfectly when they are in direct line-of-sight and within 5'-0". Once I put the phone in my pocket, the music cuts out. The same goes if I am in direct line-of-sight but farther than 5'-0". I've tried this with several bluetooth wireless headphones and my experience is the same. My assumption would be it's the ROM, but it's a fresh install and I have no other apps running other than the ones the ROM came with. Anyone has any ideas?

What rom?

da.bu

Apr 18, 2012

I have the same problem. While the phone is in line-of-sight it works well, but as soon as I put it in my pocket the music cuts.

I tried IceColdSandwich 7.2; Android Revolution HD 7.0.3 and CM7.1 with MortPlayer and PowerAmp
The headset is a Jabra HALO2.

Last edited:

sarichter

Nov 4, 2011
Phoenix
I did narrow it down to the software in the ROM Android Revolution HD 7.03 that is affecting the bluetooth transmitter on the phone. Is there a fix in the works for this? It would be a shame to install a totally new ROM for this reason alone since the rest of the ROM is absolutely fantastic!

imnamak

Jun 25, 2010
I think that the problem is not related with the ROM, it's in Bluetooth technology. Distance, surrounding WiFi or other radio waves and of course the strength of transmitter and receiver (as usually they are very small).
I have the same problem with my two different headsets used with my desktop, laptop and mobile. Interruptions are very rare when headsets are close to the device, other conditions like movements and something in between are causing problems.
This is why I think that the problem is not in ROM or phone model, all my devices are having the same issue sadly.

sarichter

Nov 4, 2011
Phoenix
I think that the problem is not related with the ROM, it's in Bluetooth technology. Distance, surrounding WiFi or other radio waves and of course the strength of transmitter and receiver (as usually they are very small).
I have the same problem with my two different headsets used with my desktop, laptop and mobile. Interruptions are very rare when headsets are close to the device, other conditions like movements and something in between are causing problems.
This is why I think that the problem is not in ROM or phone model, all my devices are having the same issue sadly.

I would partially agree with you on the technology... but... the stock ROM allowed me to do things with my Bluetooth headsets that I could not do with this Android Revolution ROM. Using deductive logic, it is the ROM that is the limiting factor. I used to be able to get 30 foot range with my bluetooth on my phone with the stock ROM, but now all I get is about 3 to 5 feet and it has to be direct line of sight.

Don't get me wrong, Android Revolution is a wonderful piece of coding... it is just too bad it has this fault. If I knew how to code, I would try to fix this issue myself but I have no training and it would take an awfully long time before I was able to make anything useful to be considered a 'fix'. Hopefully someone can figure this out and share it!

sarichter

Nov 4, 2011
Phoenix

It turns out to be the ROM. I've finally gotten around to changing ROMs and bluetooth worked just like the stock ROM that came with the phone. AR has been upgraded to 7.0.4 but I haven't been able to get it working (prior to changing ROMs). Must've been some funny glitch with the ROM software support for the bluetooth device. I now get range of up to 50 feet (tested so far) with no line of sight (through wood framed walls).