[ROM] CM 10.1 (Android 4.2) for RazrHD XT925/XT926

Search This thread

hadonf

Aug 14, 2008
Re: [ROM] CM 10.1 (Android 4.2) for RazrHD XT925

Okay, good for you! Lots of infos there.. but does you GPS work? I'm still unable to get a fix, and that occurred since the last update.
But everything seems to work quite well and being stable!

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

madmonkey57

Oct 21, 2012
but does you GPS work? I'm still unable to get a fix, and that occurred since the last update.
My GPS was off and all was running fine. Just turned it on, Running GPS Test. I can see a whole lot of sattelites and software trying to acquire the location, but fixing takes a very long time and so far no actual location... but I'm indoors for now...

hadonf

Aug 14, 2008

Better than me, mine seems to be offline as I'm not able to see a single satellite while being outdoors. And I cannot find any gps source setting...

Skrilax_CZ

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 20, 2009
Hey guys, how's wifi working on the RAZR HD CM? Primarilly how long does it take for it to find a network? I'm playing with it on the Photon Q but it takes quite long to find my home wifi (@channel 13). It then works fine once it connects.

epinter

Feb 26, 2011
Sao Paulo
www.linuxmobile.org
Hey guys, how's wifi working on the RAZR HD CM? Primarilly how long does it take for it to find a network? I'm playing with it on the Photon Q but it takes quite long to find my home wifi (@channel 13). It then works fine once it connects.

It's fast to find the network ... I think it's normal :)
Your work on Photon Q uses which kernel ? 4.2 is working for you ?

Darbness

Apr 20, 2008
Sydney
4.2.2 was working great for me. Until today I turned my phone off and then it wouldn't boot. on second try the screen went blank except for a single purple line across the top of the screen (I'm guessing software fault gpu controller?) after another reboot its stuck in "Starting Apps". Ill continue to play and let you guys now how it goes.

Brad

Skrilax_CZ

Dec 20, 2009
I'm first porting CM10 (after reading the issues with the camera etc.), didn't try 4.2. It takes like a minute for the wifi driver to find my home wifi, while it takes a few seconds on stock firmware. I'm using config from stock fw in /system/etc/firmware/wlan/prima. As for kernel, I'm using the stock 3.0.8 updated to 3.0.65 (tried the common kernel from your repo, but video driver for the Q needs fixing at least, don't know about other things).

I've noticed some differences in the overlay config when probing stock firmware though, like here: https://github.com/SkrilaxCZ/androi...mmit/603b075d0bd9f0ac27ada407dc5713149064a5c9

Last edited:

madmonkey57

Oct 21, 2012
It takes like a minute for the wifi driver to find my home wifi, while it takes a few seconds on stock firmware.
I have noticed similar behavior, initial connections on a new WIFI hotspot takes a long time (a minute or so). I haven't used a stock firmware in a while, but I don't recall it was the case.

Last edited:

Skrilax_CZ

Dec 20, 2009
Stock firmware on the Photon Q (latest ICS fw, no JB out yet) is using version 3.1.1.14_0731.1. In CM there it says (in CORE/MAC/inc/qwlan_version.h) that the firmware version 3.1.2.5, but differs from the 3.2.1.5 in codeaurora.org, in the commit epinter said it's 3.1.1.14. Also, I couldn't find 3.1.1.14 on code aurora. Well a bit puzzling :)

Where did you take the prima wlan driver from or which from branch / tag?

EcHoFiiVe

Jan 29, 2012
Mundelein. IL

You can also use this on Atrix HD, if you make it compatible with SafeStrap. Once you do, this can be modded slightly to work for us.

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

epinter

Feb 26, 2011
Sao Paulo
www.linuxmobile.org
Stock firmware on the Photon Q (latest ICS fw, no JB out yet) is using version 3.1.1.14_0731.1. In CM there it says (in CORE/MAC/inc/qwlan_version.h) that the firmware version 3.1.2.5, but differs from the 3.2.1.5 in codeaurora.org, in the commit epinter said it's 3.1.1.14. Also, I couldn't find 3.1.1.14 on code aurora. Well a bit puzzling :)

Where did you take the prima wlan driver from or which from branch / tag?

Was a long time investigating, comparing branches, testing code, debugging... Get the drivers/staging/prima directory from the kernel I'm using, I think it will work for you. The branch I got it from, there's some commits that breaks the driver on motorola ... I will try to remember the right branch. Why don't you try to compare the kernel from 925 and photon Q to solve the display problems, so we can share the same kernel ?

TIP: don't believe that a higher prima-wlan driver version means the driver is the newer ... :) it's a mess

Skrilax_CZ

Dec 20, 2009
Was a long time investigating, comparing branches, testing code, debugging... Get the drivers/staging/prima directory from the kernel I'm using, I think it will work for you. The branch I got it from, there's some commits that breaks the driver on motorola ... I will try to remember the right branch. Why don't you try to compare the kernel from 925 and photon Q to solve the display problems, so we can share the same kernel ?

TIP: don't believe that a higher prima-wlan driver version means the driver is the newer ... :) it's a mess

I'm planning to take a look on the kernel display driver issue when I resolve other issues (wanted to get rid of the Sprint crap fast). While it has become daily useable for those who have GSM modded phone (yeah, no CDMA :p), still I've yet to fix bluetooth / gps etc. .

Oh and XT925 kernel works on the Photon Q when it comes to display, it's broken by one of the commits.

As of the prima ... yeah I'm using yours, and it's fine, with the exception of the very long scanning (I guess that occurs on sometimes only.) Once it connects, all fine ... so moreless good. And yeah, it's horrible mess in their repos.

You can also use this on Atrix HD, if you make it compatible with SafeStrap. Once you do, this can be modded slightly to work for us.

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app
There aren't many differences between the phones with MSM8960.

Last edited:

hadonf

Aug 14, 2008

Hi, I still have troubles with the gps which seems to be offline. I know there's the internal or external setting that could solve this, but I cannot find it in this ROM, does anyone have a clue? :confused:

hadonf

Aug 14, 2008

Thanks I'll try that, but it could be slightly different as I can actually see the icon flashing in the bar.

Skrilax_CZ

Dec 20, 2009
Interesting, I have a same issue with GPS on the Photon Q (gps icon never shows up).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a CM10.1 (Jelly Bean, Android 4.2) ROM for RAZR HD.

I'm not responsible by phone bricks of any kind, or any other damage this firmware may cause to you, to your phone or any accessories conected to your phone.

This firmware can be used with a unlocked bootloader.

Download links and information about what is working can be found on the website:
    http://www.linuxmobile.org/razrhd/cm10-1

Instructions:
    Download the zip (cm-10.1-*-UNOFFICIAL-epinter-xt925.zip) and copy to your sdcard.
    Boot into recovery.
    Backup your firmware and data!
    Format /system.
    Install the firmware (install zip from...).
    Install gapps (install zip from...).
    Wipe data/cache (don't wipe if you plan to upgrade from CM10 to CM10.1)
    Reboot.

DEVELOPERS (razrqcom-dev-team):
    EPinter - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT925 & MB886 Support
    DHacker - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT926 Support
    Hashcode - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT926 Support
    Nadlabak - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT897 Support
    Skrilax_CZ - Kernel Development, Build Setup, XT897 Support

Developers builds:
    DHacker: http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhacker29/cm/
    Epinter: http://goo.im/devs/epinter
    Skrilax: http://skrilax.droid-developers.org/cm10.1nightly/razrqcom/choose_device.php

37XGm.png

0Mx4q.png

ti5bH.png

2eWHL.png
    Feedback

Last week, cyanogenmod introduced some changes that break razrhd, don't boot anymore. To make it work again, we must make a change that breaks video decoding. We are working on a solution to solve all the kernel problems and avoid this kind of issue, but it may require some time.
    Working with dhacker to bring cm-10.2 to motorola qcom phones. Progress until now:
    No calls, lot of crashes, but some things working (wifi, display, audio). A lot of things to do yet. No ETA.

Be7LNcy.png
    Updated to 4.2.2, no bootloops or sensor problems.
    I hate when that happens. And it's more frustrating when there's so few other Roms to try with our device. But epinter has all the right to focus on his real work and family. I appreciate his work and I hope he can work again on this Rom in the near future.

I, as I'm sure many of you are, love to try new Roms on my Android devices. And the lack of options on this magnificent phone is infuriating. So many potential.

I'm trying to do something, some minutes in a day ... Building, trying to debug camera ...