Help! do I need a new screen?

Search This thread

islandboy_2000

Aug 27, 2010
Grand Cayman
www.islandboyky.ws
So I recently dropped my phone in the sink while the water was running. I quickly removed it but water had already seeped inside, causing the screen to go crazy and then it was just a blank white.

I could see the water making its way up through the screen so I dried it off as much as I could and proceeded with the rice technique. After leaving it there for the past three days, I finally took it out this morning and turned it on.

It works! (Well I can see everything on the screen and the touch is fine as I am typing with it right now). Only thing is, it has left something behind. Looks like maybe some moisture is still in there and maybe pressed against the screen.

Based on the pic attached, you think I need a new screen? Or should I take it in to the repair shop and have them look to see if it is just extra moisture that needs to be dried?

Anyone ever seen this before? Really love this phone! :(

It works fine otherwise. Camera, headphone jack etc.

chris6278

Jun 16, 2010
So I recently dropped my phone in the sink while the water was running. I quickly removed it but water had already seeped inside, causing the screen to go crazy and then it was just a blank white.

I could see the water making its way up through the screen so I dried it off as much as I could and proceeded with the rice technique. After leaving it there for the past three days, I finally took it out this morning and turned it on.

It works! (Well I can see everything on the screen and the touch is fine as I am typing with it right now). Only thing is, it has left something behind. Looks like maybe some moisture is still in there and maybe pressed against the screen.

Based on the pic attached, you think I need a new screen? Or should I take it in to the repair shop and have them look to see if it is just extra moisture that needs to be dried?

Give it a few more days and if it doesnt go away then have it looked at

Reactions: islandboy_2000

islandboy_2000

Aug 27, 2010
Grand Cayman
www.islandboyky.ws
Instead of rice, buy some desiccant. Google it. If you live in a medium to large city, you can get it locally.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks I've heard about those too.

I live on an island and they dont sell them here :(

I might have to go to a shoe store and ask if they have any laying around that maybe customers discarded :good:

BTW, how much will I need?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks Chris. Ever happened to you or anyone you know before?
    Thanks Chris. Ever happened to you or anyone you know before?

Instead of rice, buy some desiccant. Google it. If you live in a medium to large city, you can get it locally.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app