[Q] Problems going back to stock after Venom Rom installed

Search This thread

skee81

Jul 24, 2007
Budapest
Hi Everyone,

knowing it's all out there, just need to read (a lot), please help me finding the correct way to solve my problem. I can not change to other ROM, mostly due to lack of knowledge. Please before you judge and claim I should read and learn, i have kids who don't allow me read things properly, and there are tons of information out there, seems simplier to ask for directions this time, based on the situation of the phone.

This is the first custom rom I tried on my new S4 HTC One S (not brand new, just new to me). It was stock rom, locked. Followed instructions on different threads, I unlocked the phone, flashed TWRP recovery, installed SuperSU, copied Venom Rom zip to SD card and installed from recovery, with the aroma. Success. Before installation I did a backup in TWRP.
I very much like the rom (though have 2 issues: 1. phone reboots randomly without any notification. 2 phone loses carrier randomly, so I see no GSM connection as if SIM was removed. This happens when phone is untouched so no way SIM is loosy or something). When I try to chose carrier manually from settings, it sais no SIM card is installed...

But I would like to try other roms as well, and also wish to compare some stock roms. So I downloaded a generic HTC Europe stock RUU, hoping I can easily flash it. Relocked the phone, ran the RUU.exe with Fastboot USB mode in bootloader, but it all came up with error messages and left me at the HTC logo. All I can do is to re-install Venom 3.0.0 from recovery, that works, otherwise I end up in boot loop.
Also I can not go back to the original state using the backup from TWRP. It installs boots but it basicaly freezes before the phone setup comes. I can see the background image, the clock and the GSM antenna sign, but thats all, nothing else happens, no matter how hard I try to reboot.

Phone current boot screen shows: Tampered + Unlocked
VLE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.15.0000
Radio-1.15.50.05.29
OpenDSP-v31.1.0.45.0815
eMMC-boot
Dec 14 2012, 17:10

When I re-locked the phone it said Tampered + Relocked + Security Warning
As recovery I have TWRP 2.6.0.0 flashed. I did nothing else.

Could someone help me with instructions or at least directions how I could go back to a nice stock RUU? With the one I downloaded i had different error codes 213 (wrong ID) and 255 Unkown error.
I believe as the phone is not S-OFF and/or Super CID, it is relevant which RUU I download. The phone used to boot with a voda logo, so I believe it was one of the UK or AT voda stock roms, but neither works.
Your opinion/feedback is highly appreciated.
Cheers,
skee

homeboy1956

Oct 25, 2013
Herford
Hi Everyone,

knowing it's all out there, just need to read (a lot), please help me finding the correct way to solve my problem. I can not change to other ROM, mostly due to lack of knowledge. Please before you judge and claim I should read and learn, i have kids who don't allow me read things properly, and there are tons of information out there, seems simplier to ask for directions this time, based on the situation of the phone.

This is the first custom rom I tried on my new S4 HTC One S (not brand new, just new to me). It was stock rom, locked. Followed instructions on different threads, I unlocked the phone, flashed TWRP recovery, installed SuperSU, copied Venom Rom zip to SD card and installed from recovery, with the aroma. Success. Before installation I did a backup in TWRP.
I very much like the rom (though have 2 issues: 1. phone reboots randomly without any notification. 2 phone loses carrier randomly, so I see no GSM connection as if SIM was removed. This happens when phone is untouched so no way SIM is loosy or something). When I try to chose carrier manually from settings, it sais no SIM card is installed...

But I would like to try other roms as well, and also wish to compare some stock roms. So I downloaded a generic HTC Europe stock RUU, hoping I can easily flash it. Relocked the phone, ran the RUU.exe with Fastboot USB mode in bootloader, but it all came up with error messages and left me at the HTC logo. All I can do is to re-install Venom 3.0.0 from recovery, that works, otherwise I end up in boot loop.
Also I can not go back to the original state using the backup from TWRP. It installs boots but it basicaly freezes before the phone setup comes. I can see the background image, the clock and the GSM antenna sign, but thats all, nothing else happens, no matter how hard I try to reboot.

Phone current boot screen shows: Tampered + Unlocked
VLE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.15.0000
Radio-1.15.50.05.29
OpenDSP-v31.1.0.45.0815
eMMC-boot
Dec 14 2012, 17:10

When I re-locked the phone it said Tampered + Relocked + Security Warning
As recovery I have TWRP 2.6.0.0 flashed. I did nothing else.

Could someone help me with instructions or at least directions how I could go back to a nice stock RUU? With the one I downloaded i had different error codes 213 (wrong ID) and 255 Unkown error.
I believe as the phone is not S-OFF and/or Super CID, it is relevant which RUU I download. The phone used to boot with a voda logo, so I believe it was one of the UK or AT voda stock roms, but neither works.
Your opinion/feedback is highly appreciated.
Cheers,
skee

To go back to stock u have to flash the right RUU, depends on which CID ur phone got.

u can download it here: http://www.androidruu.com/?developer=Ville

If u downloaded the right RUU, boot ur HOS into fastboot relock the phone and start the RUU.

Let it finish and u r on stock

skee81

Jul 24, 2007
Budapest
Hi Homeboy, thanks for the answer. Seems clear. I have only 1 question. How can I make sure which is the right RUU?
I believe I should do a getvar all command, to see the CID id? Then what shall I look at the RUU's filename?

And after the phone having been relocked, shall it be in fatboot USB in bootloader or shall the phone be up and running when I start the RUU.exe from the computer?
thanks

Last edited:

homeboy1956

Oct 25, 2013
Herford
Hi Homeboy, thanks for the answer. Seems clear. I have only 1 question. How can I make sure which is the right RUU?
I believe I should do a getvar all command, to see the CID id? Then what shall I look at the RUU's filename?

And after the phone having been relocked, shall it be in fatboot USB in bootloader or shall the phone be up and running when I start the RUU.exe from the computer?
thanks

hi,
i saw u live in Hungary so it should be the Europe RUU try this:

http://www.androidruu.com/getdownload.php?file=Ville/RUU_Ville_U_ICS_40_S_HTC_Europe_2.31.401.5_Radio_1.06es.50.02.31_10.09a.50.04L_release_275655_signed.exe

And yes phone should be in fastboot when u start the RUU.