[Q] Need ROOT Help Please!!!!

Search This thread

rizz1974

Jan 10, 2011
I just recieved OTA update from Verizon for the 4.4.2. Can this be rooted now that I had to go back to a stock Verizon S4 I545 vrufnc5. If so what are my options? Please give me instructions. Thanks

Model SCH-I545
Kernel Version 3.4.0 dpi@SWDD5015 #1
Build KOT49H.I545VRUFNC5
Android 4.4.2

dgutierrez04

Apr 5, 2010
If you already updated to kitkat there is absolutely no way u can downgrade unless u updated it using surge update to kitkat. But right now u r stuck in kitkat. For me I am still on rooted mk2 waiting for a root for kitkat. U should of waited before updating.

Thanks Coycaine..Is there a way I can go back to build VRUEMK2 and then Root it from there. That way I can download a custom ROM for the 4.4.2 KitKat?? Does this make any sense? Sorry, i'm slowly learning all this.

tech_head

You may want to search these threads. I don't remember reading about anyone trying to downgrade from NC5 back to MK2 yet, but I'm sure someone has at least tried. The leaked KK build (NC2) was able to be downgraded, but with some problems/issues.

There are some that tried and are now bricked until there is an ODIN file for NC5.
If root is important, one should just be patient, sit back, wait.

318sugarhill

Aug 31, 2010
I'm always amused by these "I took the update... Help I lost root" posts. It takes time and unless you're actively working on a root solution.... Leave the people alone and let them work. If root is important to you, then never update until a solution is found first or your stuck. No amount of begging will find a solution faster.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

calebcabob

Jul 14, 2013
Massachusetts
2+2=5

Sugarhill, don't ever become a motivational speaker...you'd make a great Biff III though for Back To The Future 4!

Rizz, sorry to say... I'm glad your situation is what it is, now I have a thread to check on to see if a solution has been developed!

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Signs of progress!!! Look!

Last edited:

rrrrrrredbelly

Aug 16, 2010
WA
Google Pixel 6
Sugarhill, don't ever become a motivational speaker...you'd make a great Biff III though for Back To The Future 4!

Rizz, sorry to say... I'm glad your situation is what it is, now I have a thread to check on to see if a solution has been developed!

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Signs of progress!!! Look!

You have the international version?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

starbuckk

Nov 20, 2011
I've never rooted before nor been interested. But since the Google morons screwed up SD Card access I will cross over to the root side as soon as the root method is worked out.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

beyedup

Mar 28, 2011
Yeah there's a bunch of us now waiting on the route to be achieved for the s4 on Android 4.4 .2.
We just got to sit back and relax and let the good people work their magic to get this done. It will come in good time. But hopefully not long. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: austynl

jgheld

Dec 19, 2011
What's wrong with SD Card access?

I've never rooted before nor been interested. But since the Google morons screwed up SD Card access I will cross over to the root side as soon as the root method is worked out.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

pahunterguy

Oct 12, 2008
Every time I think I will try to go without root'n, they screw something else up and I find I need it again. This sd permissions problem has really messed me up. I had to move 3gig worth of data back to my internal memory to get some of my apps to work and I don't have much room available on it. If I knew this, I wouldn't have upgraded.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

archcantor

Feb 3, 2012
Bristol CT USA
From what I read, if the app is not one of the pre-installed apps that comes with the ROM then the app will not have permission to freely access the SD card. There is an App to fix this in the Play Store but I think the app needs root. This really sucks. I thought I used TB to freeze the OTA on my wife's phone but she approved the OTA last night and now I am stuck until someone creates a new root exploit.

DavidHXC91

Jan 4, 2014
I just recieved OTA update from Verizon for the 4.4.2. Can this be rooted now that I had to go back to a stock Verizon S4 I545 vrufnc5. If so what are my options? Please give me instructions. Thanks

Model SCH-I545
Kernel Version 3.4.0 dpi@SWDD5015 #1
Build KOT49H.I545VRUFNC5
Android 4.4.2

I was also foolish enough to accept the OTA update before checking to make sure I could re-root my phone after the update. Stuck waiting for a solution now. Hopefully someone releases a root solution soon. Let me know If any root fix comes up soon please! Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm always amused by these "I took the update... Help I lost root" posts. It takes time and unless you're actively working on a root solution.... Leave the people alone and let them work. If root is important to you, then never update until a solution is found first or your stuck. No amount of begging will find a solution faster.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
    There are some that tried and are now bricked until there is an ODIN file for NC5.
    If root is important, one should just be patient, sit back, wait.

You know what, i'm just going to take your advise and wait. I agree with you, there isn't any guarantee with the messages i have been reading.
    Thanks Coycaine
    I'm always amused by these "I took the update... Help I lost root" posts.
    Patient: Doctor, it hurts when I do this...

Doctor: Don't do that.

(It's not clear what they expect, but I feel that stupidity should be painful. It's Darwin in action.)
    Yeah there's a bunch of us now waiting on the route to be achieved for the s4 on Android 4.4 .2.
    We just got to sit back and relax and let the good people work their magic to get this done. It will come in good time. But hopefully not long. Lol

is this the best place to check back for when there is a root method for the newest baseband?

Not this particular thread but I'd keep checking in the Android Development section.. And also there is a thread and bounty going for the S5 that I'd imagine would lead to or help in rooting the S4 on Kit Kat.