An appeal to devs

Search This thread
I love my device (802) but one thing is really bugging me about it in it's present state.......I hate the fact that the navigation buttons take up a large portion of my beautiful screen in most applications :(
Firstly, I like to keep my phone unrooted so that I can enjoy skygo, meaning custom roms and mods which require root are out of the question for me and, secondly, I have tried the hide navbar mod which is included in the stock Korean rom and I think it is an excellent solution and one which LG has successfully developed and implemented for those lucky few.
There is an app in the playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=be.ppareit.immersivemode which attempts to achieve immersive mode across many kitkat devices enabling the user to enable immersive mode for any selected app just like the implementation on the Korean rom without the necessity for root. This app achieves what I require but, unfortunately, is very buggy.
I would like to appeal to the devs and those many others here with more nouse than me to look at the above playstore apk and also the official LG implementation and see if it may be possible to implement this efficiently on a non-rooted device.
Whilst I am rambling on, could somebody tell me what would happen if I rooted my stock rom, made a small system adjustment then unrooted my device again? Would my system mod still work and would skygo detect my device as not rooted? The reason that I ask this is I wondered if it was impossible to somehow implement the Korean 'hide nav bars' mod on a rooted stock rom, unroot the device and still have this modification working?

Any thoughts on this (and investigation perhaps :) ) would be very much appreciated.

PAGOT

Dec 24, 2007
I love my device (802) but one thing is really bugging me about it in it's present state.......I hate the fact that the navigation buttons take up a large portion of my beautiful screen in most applications :(
Firstly, I like to keep my phone unrooted so that I can enjoy skygo, meaning custom roms and mods which require root are out of the question for me and, secondly, I have tried the hide navbar mod which is included in the stock Korean rom and I think it is an excellent solution and one which LG has successfully developed and implemented for those lucky few.
There is an app in the playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=be.ppareit.immersivemode which attempts to achieve immersive mode across many kitkat devices enabling the user to enable immersive mode for any selected app just like the implementation on the Korean rom without the necessity for root. This app achieves what I require but, unfortunately, is very buggy.
I would like to appeal to the devs and those many others here with more nouse than me to look at the above playstore apk and also the official LG implementation and see if it may be possible to implement this efficiently on a non-rooted device.
Whilst I am rambling on, could somebody tell me what would happen if I rooted my stock rom, made a small system adjustment then unrooted my device again? Would my system mod still work and would skygo detect my device as not rooted? The reason that I ask this is I wondered if it was impossible to somehow implement the Korean 'hide nav bars' mod on a rooted stock rom, unroot the device and still have this modification working?

Any thoughts on this (and investigation perhaps :) ) would be very much appreciated.

Why don't you try something like this ??
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.devadvance.rootcloak

I use it on some other apps and it works for me, and it looks like your app might be also supported. Check in the XDA thread if it is.

If it works for you, use then G2 Tweaksbox for the NavBar customization.

Why don't you try something like this ??
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.devadvance.rootcloak

I use it on some other apps and it works for me, and it looks like your app might be also supported. Check in the XDA thread if it is.

If it works for you, use then G2 Tweaksbox for the NavBar customization.

Thanks but skygo doesn't work with this :(. The checking procedure that it employs seems to be very thorough and, to my knowledge, nobody has ever cracked this properly to work on a rooted or un-supported device. The same being the case when trying to enable hdmi out with it.
I was hoping that there would be some way of implementing hiding of nav bars on a non-rooted device as the play store app that I mentioned in my previous post proves that this can be implemented to quite a large degree, so I thought, if somebody was to work on this device specifically, they may be able to make it bug free.

For info, I am now very happy. I have installed Cloudystock Rom then unrooted it with superSU pro. To my great surprise, the Rom still works flawlessly and my sky apps do too. :)
I wasn't aware this was possible. I am now going to work on stock Rom zip with the hide navigation button feature added. :)

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

ephumuris

Dec 7, 2008
Hull
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Wait wait wait...Sky Go works when you just unroot... Even on a custom ROM? I'm on cloudyflex I need to try this. ROM has a hide keys option per app anyway :)

Do you still have custom recovery??

OK unrooted play store says SkyGo is not compatible with my device. Got a feeling that's related to something in my build.prop can you upload yours please mate from your ROM so I can make some changes to mine to get it working? Thanks.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wait wait wait...Sky Go works when you just unroot... Even on a custom ROM? I'm on cloudyflex I need to try this. ROM has a hide keys option per app anyway :)

Do you still have custom recovery??

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

I've just un-rooted cloudystock with supersSU pro and kept custom recovery and everything else the same and, yes, the sky apps worked fine as did the rom :) . For me, this is just what I wanted and I was very surprised that it works, including hide nav keys.
Now I want to try to create a completely stock 80220d but with the navbar mod included then unroot it. I have pm'd cloudya about which files from the cloudy stock rom that I require but haven't had a reply yet.
....didn't you create a flashable 80220d zip somewhere? I can't seem to find it. I am not very experienced at this and I guess by your response that you are interested in the same thing and perhaps you will be better at this than me?

EDIT I changed ro.build.target_country from COM to EU for another reason. Perhaps this might help?

Last edited: