[Keep it Civil]Tegra3 & Other Tablet Soc discussions/spec comparisons. Tablet ONLY!

Search This thread

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
The tegra2 design wasn't copied. In fact, the tegra2 is acting different than most other dual core cpu's (for instance: tegra 2 is unable to seperately control its cores). And yes, tegra2 was different with it's GPU (NVidia made some nvidia-only features, trying to get a monopoly on the market with its tegra-only games).

The tegra3 design, as you are stating yourself, is working differently than other quad core cpu's. So, what exactly are they copying?
Are they copy-cats just for implementing more than 2 cores?

Some in-depth information regarding the quad-core design of S4 and Tegra3:
http://www.extremetech.com/computin...n-s4-and-tegra-3-manage-arm-cores-differently

all i have to say is this,

1) what company brought out the worlds first mobile dual core design when no one else was even thinking about it? Nvdia with tegra2

2)what company brought out the worlds first quad core 4+1(really 5 cores) mobile core design when everyone else was stuck on dual core and said quad core wasnt needed? Nvidia with Tegra3. now everyone else wants to retract thier previous statements and come with quad core chips.

Can you see the trend? Nvidia has been setting the bar on new mobile chipset designs and the others follow in suite soon after. Im sticking with Nvidia, PERIOD. no other chip impresses and is praised as much for android than this chip so far.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
As the proud owner of a Teg3-powered One X I can say Teg3 is one of the biggest fails to hit the mobile market in years. Because it’s based on old technology (two 40nm chips glommed together) its power consumption is horrifying. That's why after being on the market since last winter there's just one phone using it. It's getting 30-45% less battery life than the One XL, an identical phone using S4. The LP core's great. Idle, which no phone really has a problem with and typically uses less than 5% of your battery, is fantastic.

Once again, in a rush to be first, Nvidia's released a product that was obsolete six months after it hit the market. And the new 32nm Samsung quad-core's are not even out yet.

And yes demandarin, Teg3 will do OK in tablets. Samsung's not using it (or any Nvidia chips) and Motorola's moving to TI. So, if Nvidia's lucky, they'll sell 10-15MM Teg3 chips this year. They were projecting to sell 36MM (and that's after revising down last quarter). Phones outsell tablets 10:1 so no chip can be a commercial success based on tablets alone and Nvidia never marketed (or projected) Teg3 to be specifically for tablets.

In addition, the One X is experiencing all the same funky issues related to either individual Teg3 chips being inconsistent or the drivers being a mess. The S4 version’s experiencing none of these problems. And because Nvidia drivers and low-level code are all proprietary HTC (like Asus) is at their mercy to try and get working devices in the hands of their customers.

Based on this, and the video failings of Teg2, why would any manufacturer choose Nvidia over another mobile chip vendor? Using the "three strikes and you’re out" metaphor, Teg3 is strike two.

And as far as S4 vs. Teg3 performance goes, here’s a comparison between two identical devices using both chips. Teg3 has a slight edge. Factoring in battery life, why would anyone choose the Teg3? It would be like buying a car for 10% in additional HP and giving up 30-45% in MPG.

http://briefmobile.com/htc-one-x-snapdragon-s4-krait-vs-nvidia-tegra-3-comparison

Here's a Taiwanese video ridiculing the Teg3 version of the One X because of all its issues. It should look familiar to early Prime owners.

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
As the proud owner of a Teg3-powered One X I can say Teg3 is one of the biggest fails to hit the mobile market in years. Because it’s based on old technology (two 40nm chips glommed together) its power consumption is horrifying. That's why after being on the market since last winter there's just one phone using it. It's getting 30-45% less battery life than the One XL, an identical phone using S4. The LP core's great. Idle, which no phone really has a problem with and typically uses less than 5% of your battery, is fantastic.

Once again, in a rush to be first, Nvidia's released a product that was obsolete six months after it hit the market. And the new 32nm Samsung quad-core's are not even out yet.

And yes demandarin, Teg3 will do OK in tablets. Samsung's not using it (or any Nvidia chips) and Motorola's moving to TI. So, if Nvidia's lucky, they'll sell 10-15MM Teg3 chips this year. They were projecting to sell 36MM (and that's after revising down last quarter). Phones outsell tablets 10:1 so no chip can be a commercial success based on tablets alone and Nvidia never marketed (or projected) Teg3 to be specifically for tablets.

In addition, the One X is experiencing all the same funky issues related to either individual Teg3 chips being inconsistent or the drivers being a mess. The S4 version’s experiencing none of these problems. And because Nvidia drivers and low-level code are all proprietary HTC (like Asus) is at their mercy to try and get working devices in the hands of their customers.

Based on this, and the video failings of Teg2, why would any manufacturer choose Nvidia over another mobile chip vendor? Using the "three strikes and you’re out" metaphor, Teg3 is strike two.

And as far as S4 vs. Teg3 performance goes, here’s a comparison between two identical devices using both chips. Teg3 has a slight edge. Factoring in battery life, why would anyone choose the Teg3? It would be like buying a car for 10% in additional HP and giving up 30-45% in MPG.

http://briefmobile.com/htc-one-x-snapdragon-s4-krait-vs-nvidia-tegra-3-comparison

Here's a Taiwanese video ridiculing the Teg3 version of the One X because of all its issues. It should look familiar to early Prime owners.

meaningless as i already showed list with at least 15 tablets about to hit the market with tegra3 releasing within 1-3months. no other android chip has that many different tablets releasing soon with its chip. that easily shows who is superior in android tablet scene currently.

really i dont care about phones. im talking about tablets. plus my moto atrix with tegra2 still performs fine. high performance in phones really not needed. i could care less about that. im more into the tablet scene of things.

SO AS MUCH AS YOU HATE IS, TEGRA3 IS KING IN THE ANDROID TABLET SCENE. Thats all that matters to me..

plus quad core 5250 has no anticipated hype around it. The talk is mostly all Nvidia and what they going to do. Ill take an "imaginary, since not released yet" tegra4 "over an imaginary, since its not released yet" 5250. no major tech sites are hyped up or really talking about 5250. id bet even the new tegra3+ probably outshines Samsung new chip. Tegra4 will be a far more advanced design. Cant hate on them for that. Just ask Anandtech who he thinks the next big thing in upcoming mobile chips will be. heres a hint, he already made an article about it and its Tegra4. cant hate on innovation and leading the pack. now that samsung wants to copy going quad core, people think they can beat out the ones who originated it..lol Nvidia has slowly but surely been taking all the hype and praise on the android chip scene lately. sorry, but its true.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
SO AS MUCH AS YOU HATE IS, TEGRA3 IS KING IN THE ANDROID TABLET SCENE. Thats all that matters to me.

And because of that it's a failure. And, because of all the issues that both Asus and HTC have experienced with Teg3, they and other manufacturers will be hard pressed to choose an Nvidia SoC when there are so many other better and more viable options available. Whether you choose to accept it or not Teg3 is a huge black eye for Nvidia, one they're going to have a hard time getting past.

Diamondback

Retired Dev Committee Lead / Retired Senior Mod
Jan 17, 2010
virtuous-ten-studio.com
I'm stepping in here before it gets worse and i need to hand out infractions.
Please everyone, no need to get angry here or to get loud.

Stay clam, informative and on-topic please.

Last edited:

hairdewx

Feb 28, 2009
Battle of the fanboys...

I like the S4 chip as well, but I also own TWO Transformer Primes and I love them. My next phone will probably have an S4 for LTE.

To call either the S4 or Tegra 3 chips failures is really just pushing the fanboy envelope.

gooser91

Jan 18, 2012
Demandarin you have got to take a serious chill pill bro. To go crazy insane over a chip is insane.

Arguing over a chip unfortunately makes you look foolish.

Settle down.

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
Battle of the fanboys...

I like the S4 chip as well, but I also own TWO Transformer Primes and I love them. My next phone will probably have an S4 for LTE.

To call either the S4 or Tegra 3 chips failures is really just pushing the fanboy envelope.

true. very well put. its hard to talk about anything tegra3 or Nvidia without someone coming in and saying how its a failure or how much better some chip due out at the end of the year would be..lol

this thread is for nvidia/tegra news, which does relate to Asus and Prime in one way or another. No reason for arguments or difference of opinion to get heated, like Diamondback said. If people don't like Prime, Nvidia, or Tegra3, then it'd be best they just keep it moving..lol Because as soon as i find out more info, details, benchmarks, & reviews on new Tegra3+(T3+) & Tegra4, this thread will update with it. As i plan on keeping my prime at least until those Newer Nvidia chips release.

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
Demandarin you have got to take a serious chill pill bro. To go crazy insane over a chip is insane.

Arguing over a chip unfortunately makes you look foolish.

Settle down.

I'm cool..who is arguing? I'm the one who contacted Diamondback anyways, in case you don't know. this is my thread for Nvidia/Tegra3 news. No one asked all these other people to come in and basically bash the thread talking about how its a failure or this or that. so I'd say more so they look foolish.

plus honestly, its not that serious buddy. facts are facts. just because some don't like that Tegra3 is the leading Android tablet chip doesn't mean they need to get all heated up over it. case in point.

gunner1937

Dec 29, 2011
Lake Worth, Fl
I'm stepping in here before it gets worse and i need to hand out infractions.
Please everyone, no need to get angry here or to get loud.

Stay clam, informative and on-topic please.

It's about time you intervene........clamly:rolleyes:. Were you sleeping or what?:)
Or were you thinking that a S4 with a Tegra3 GPU would be a drink (sorry, a dream)
comes true?:D.

I will be polite: I will not say what I feel about the attitude of some.
And, yes, you are right, let's keep it informative, on-topic, and propaganda-less;)

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Let's all circle back on May 11, we'll have something more concrete to discuss.

Q1 2013 NVIDIA Corporation Earnings Conference Call
Friday, May 11, 2012 8:00 a.m. ET

buxtahuda

Feb 4, 2011
Cleveland, MS
I suppose I'll pop in with my unresearched uneducated garbage :D

I think it's easy to agree that Teg3 in phones is certainly shaping up badly and isn't going to take off. As mentioned, we'll see what happens with the Teg3+; certainly it would do better if they did reduce it to 32. But it still isn't going to pull as much weight as whatever Apple/Samsung are using in the phone market and also as mentioned, that is going to be the largest revenue and sales numbers for SoC's. Teg3 IMO is indeed king of the tablet market, for both power and battery consumption (disregarding the reader-tablets), the only thing really holding it back is the decision to couple it with terribly slow internal flash memory and not include the use of better RAM. Why they're putting the good RAM in the more discount tablet I'll never know.

Anything at all you buy is going to be obsolete in sixth months regardless, Teg3 took it a bit further, but I'm pretty hopeful for the next couple of generations of the Tegra line of SoC's.

For the time being this is still just fine, and not really rivaled by anything aside from other iterations from the same manufacturer. The Yoga from Lenovo I suppose, but it just seems silly to me and Lenovo lost my trust long ago. Decent company and usually decent products to a degree though, but it just feels like when I buy Lenovo, I buy more often than what is needed elsewhere (meaning replacing internal components or calling it a good enough time to upgrade). Of course I'm only referring to those tablets which will feature full keyboards, as though it's enough of the market.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD via my tethered HTC Vision

Reactions: demandarin

gooser91

Jan 18, 2012
I'm cool..who is arguing? I'm the one who contacted Diamondback anyways, in case you don't know. this is my thread for Nvidia/Tegra3 news. No one asked all these other people to come in and basically bash the thread talking about how its a failure or this or that. so I'd say more so they look foolish.

plus honestly, its not that serious buddy. facts are facts. just because some don't like that Tegra3 is the leading Android tablet chip doesn't mean they need to get all heated up over it. case in point.

Good, lets remain calm.

Also, In my previous posts you continue to say that the 5250 isn't coming out soon. Also I believe you said it was a quad core, and I wanted to correct you. The 5250 is a 2Ghz DUAL core with A15.

Also, I will give information that you wanted.

http://www.gsmarena.com/exynos_5250...tion_in_q2_tablets_get_it_first-news-3728.php

This link shows that the 5250 is in mass production and will be released to tablets shortly.

Not to rub salt into the wound but,

http://semiaccurate.com/2011/11/09/tegra-3-missed-performance-goals-by-wide-margins/

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va

i love how the debates get heated and then you come with this. you got me laughing. Marketing 101 at its best ;)

on another note, since you basically said previously that you don't like your One X, I'll gladly take it off your hands for you. ill even give you my moto atrix in return. :D

shinzz

Dec 18, 2011

It won't make a difference. You know how the OP is...
Really surprised that you purchased Tegra 3 version of HTC phone.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5559/...ormance-preview-msm8960-adreno-225-benchmarks

http://www.androidauthority.com/htc-one-xl-benchmark-snapdragon-s4-tegra-3-67678/

http://androidandme.com/2012/04/sma...-tegra-3-and-snapdragon-s4-in-gpu-benchmarks/

Btw, since the launch of Transformer Prime... we have only seen one or two extra device of Tegra 3 product that has released so far. The other tablets using Tegra 3 are due around the same time as S4 & Exynos products/device release dates.

Edit: http://www.anandtech.com/show/5467/samsung-exynos-5250-begins-sampling-mass-production-in-q2-2012

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/07/reported-tegra-4-roadmap-hints-at-lte-q1-2013-release/

Both device began sampling late last year.. while one is "supposedly" going in to mass production by Q2... Tegra 4's possible target is Q1 of 2013. With Krait (S4 quad) & Exynos (2ghz dual A15) possibly being released before any Tegra 4 product... I guess that's one marketing out the window for Nvidia. Being the 1st to release 28nm/A15 SoC... or leading the "pack".. with such and such.

Last edited:

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
i love how the debates get heated and then you come with this. you got me laughing. Marketing 101 at its best ;)

on another note, since you basically said previously that you don't like your One X, I'll gladly take it off your hands for you. ill even give you my moto atrix in return. :D

Nvidia's shareholders are the ones that own the company. They entrust the CEO to make wise and appropriate investment decisions that increase the company's worth and provide shareholder value (increase in stock price at least in parallel to their competitors). Reporting earnings is far from a marketing activity. PowerPoint slides on the other hand... ;)

I love my phone. Like you with your Prime, I dodged a bullet and don't have any of the issues being reported. The battery life concerns me but the way I use it 3 hours of screen on time should be OK. I'd feel better if it had a replaceable battery though. So sorry, no trade, not even for an Atrix. :)

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Really surprised that you purchased Tegra 3 version of HTC phone.

I did it to spite demandarin so he couldn't call me a Samsung fanboi and Nvidia hater anymore. The first one worked. ;)

Just kidding. The ICS update on the i9100 is/was a cluster and I wanted a bigger HD display, more powerful SoC, and ICS. I get UK devices (my G-Tab's from the UK) so I can use them on AT&T's $10 non-Smartphone data plan. By selling the i9100 before the SGS3 comes out I'll pick-up an extra $75-100. If I don't like the One X I'll sell it and get the SGS3. It'll be a wash between getting it and going directly from the i9100>SGS3 financially. What can I say, it's a hobby. :)

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
Good, lets remain calm.

Also, In my previous posts you continue to say that the 5250 isn't coming out soon. Also I believe you said it was a quad core, and I wanted to correct you. The 5250 is a 2Ghz DUAL core with A15.

Also, I will give information that you wanted.

http://www.gsmarena.com/exynos_5250...tion_in_q2_tablets_get_it_first-news-3728.php

This link shows that the 5250 is in mass production and will be released to tablets shortly.

Not to rub salt into the wound but,

http://semiaccurate.com/2011/11/09/tegra-3-missed-performance-goals-by-wide-margins/

OK, thanks for the read. i was thinking you talking about the quad core version. BUT that article is dated January. I've seen more recent articles stating that Samsung has decided to delay the new Galaxy Note 10in. and new Galaxy tab 10.1in. Reasons for delay more so pointing to them wanting to use the quad core variant of that chip instead. I can find those recent articles if you want. that's why i always said those tablets wont release till much later in the year. Even the rumored Samsung 11in. that one will likely have windows and quad core variant if it does release later in the year. But currently, there are no Samsung tablets I've seen recently announced or set to release using the dual core or even quad core variant. that was really my whole point. Most new tablets announced to launch, if you look a few pages back i listed over 15 of them, will have some variant of the tegra3 chip in it.

The last article I've already known about. Yes, the tegra3 was aimed to be even more powerful than it is now. But look at it like this, they missed their original goal and still pumped out the most powerful android chip. Its only now, about 6 months later, that someone comes out with something to compete with it in the phone sector. In the tablet sector there still is no competition. In tech world, for it to command that long of a lead in power and battery savings is great. especially with how fast the tech scene is moving. With other chips being delayed or none hitting the scene yet, at least tablet sector, its lead will continue. will tegra3 eventually fall in the tablet sector, of course. its only natural as newer more advanced chips are released. But Nvidia has already announced successor( T3+ & after that, Tegra4) to release and at least "TRY" to continue the commanding lead. It will be a good fight though.

I like the fact that tegra has exclusive games or enhanced versions of games and apps that look and perform best on Tegra3 versions. It makes them standout. This is a benefit of owning a Tegra powered device. It makes other owners of different devices very envious of tegra devices because they want our version of the game because its always the best version. Very smart move on Nvidia part.

gunner1937

Dec 29, 2011
Lake Worth, Fl
this is my thread for Nvidia/Tegra3 news. No one asked all these other people to come in and basically bash the thread talking about how its a failure or this or that.

I am glad that you started this very informative and interesting thread, Kid.
But I do not understand why, all of a sudden, the thread has to be a "yes men".
You should know better that you will not get 100% of approval on your position regarding Prime and Tegra3.
You should accept opposing points of view which are the engine for advancements.

And I also noticed that in a lot of threads that you did not start you jump into to bring your opinion. It is well accepted in general but invasive also because you want to be everywhere.

All members know, by now, that you are the best marketing agent for the Prime and its Tegra. Some disagree and the fact that you start a thread rightfully gives them the right to express their opinion. You do not like it, move on!!!!!!!!!!!!1

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
Nvidia's shareholders are the ones that own the company. They entrust the CEO to make wise and appropriate investment decisions that increase the company's worth and provide shareholder value (increase in stock price at least in parallel to their competitors). Reporting earnings is far from a marketing activity. PowerPoint slides on the other hand... ;)

I love my phone. Like you with your Prime, I dodged a bullet and don't have any of the issues being reported. The battery life concerns me but the way I use it 3 hours of screen on time should be OK. I'd feel better if it had a replaceable battery though. So sorry, no trade, not even for an Atrix. :)

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

I did it to spite demandarin so he couldn't call me a Samsung fanboi and Nvidia hater anymore. The first one worked. ;)

Just kidding. The ICS update on the i9100 is/was a cluster and I wanted a bigger HD display, more powerful SoC, and ICS. I get UK devices (my G-Tab's from the UK) so I can use them on AT&T's $10 non-Smartphone data plan. By selling the i9100 before the SGS3 comes out I'll pick-up an extra $75-100. If I don't like the One X I'll sell it and get the SGS3. It'll be a wash between getting it and going directly from the i9100>SGS3 financially. What can I say, it's a hobby. :)

dang, your htc one X is only getting 3 hours of on screen time? or you use it alot or constantly? either way I'd say that's horrible battery life. I did see an article about a 3rd party battery maker thinking about releasing some kind of replaceable battery for your phone. I'm guessing you would have to take off the back piece somehow to do it. Is the One X a unibody design?

I just noticed what's underneath my avatar now..lol I gotta lay off the kool aid then..lol It tastes so good and refreshing though. I like Asus and Nvidia because my experience with them has been good so far. Plus it has its perks being a supporter of a product i like(trust me it does). Other than that, its all electronics. which I've always had a love for that came from my father. Ill even admit, seeing Anandtech wifi comparison(e.mote says its flawed) of the 300 model to the prime, made me rethink my purchase for the first time. I still have no regrets though. If i could do it all over again, i would've still got the prime. How could i possibly pass up these fun times and threads in this section. Very entertaining and Informative. It makes me laugh thinking about it. You can even tell my old friend we can let bygones be bygones. I feel silly having someone on ignore over something so stupid. so pass that message along to him , if you don't mind. you should know who I'm talking as i never respond to him or him to me , anymore. If the hating/arguing can cease, so can the kool aid sippin. For some reason, it feels like a different ball game now with my new status.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Keep it Civil]Tegra3 & Other Tablet Soc discussions/spec comparisons. Tablet ONLY!

Out of all the new chips coming out, Tegra3 seen as the best.

www.androidauthority.com/qualcomm-s4-vs-nvidia-kal-el-vs-ti-omap-4470-vs-samsung-exynos-4212-26636/

[UPDATE] 4/20/2012

This week Nvidia has announced its newer Tegra3+ chips to be released that will have Icera voice over LTE radios in them. They will be called T3+. This will split off into the Wayne and Gray variants by Q3. The grey is the one THST will have the LTE radio. This makes nvidia the likely candidate and replacement for all tablets and mobile phones this year That was going to use Qualcomm S4 Snapdragon chip. Also once Q4 & Q1 of 2013 arrives, Tegra4 will be rolling out ;)

QUALCOMM just officially announced it won't be able to make demand this year for the S4 chip due to manufacturing processes involving the 28nm S4 chip. So most tablets and phones that were originally going to use that chip will have to use a a different one. This is were Nvidia will likely step in and take over. I posted the link to that qualcomm news in the infinity pad thread. Its all over the major tech sites now though, so take a look if you doubt that news.

This is the link to the new Tegra3 aka T3+ that will arrive shortly.
    http://www.slashgear.com/nvidia-teg...feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+slashgear+(SlashGear)

MORE NEWS. Nvidia plots mobile SoC GPU plot and easily expect to surpass Xbox360 performance by 2013-2014
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/5762/...c-gpu-performance-surpassing-xbox-360-by-2014

DISCLAIMER: This is for people who like Asus/Nvidia/Tegra3 or beyond. Not for the haters of any of those to try to bash them. IF you want to debate, ok but act civil in doing so. Name calling and such isn't being civil and person or persons will be dealt with accordingly. Don't have time for childish back & forth nonsense.
    There should be alot of Tegra 3 devices in 2012. Smart Phones and Tablets.

Per the CEO in their Nov 10th Earnings Report Q & A

I'm more confident in the Tegra 3 at this point than I was in the Tegra 2 at this point a year ago. We have alot more design wins. We're better at it. We have alot more engineers. We are engaging with alot more customers...

... Tegra 3, is pretty unambiguous. I feel more confident today than I did on the Tegra 2 cycle. ...
    I suppose I'll pop in with my unresearched uneducated garbage :D

I think it's easy to agree that Teg3 in phones is certainly shaping up badly and isn't going to take off. As mentioned, we'll see what happens with the Teg3+; certainly it would do better if they did reduce it to 32. But it still isn't going to pull as much weight as whatever Apple/Samsung are using in the phone market and also as mentioned, that is going to be the largest revenue and sales numbers for SoC's. Teg3 IMO is indeed king of the tablet market, for both power and battery consumption (disregarding the reader-tablets), the only thing really holding it back is the decision to couple it with terribly slow internal flash memory and not include the use of better RAM. Why they're putting the good RAM in the more discount tablet I'll never know.

Anything at all you buy is going to be obsolete in sixth months regardless, Teg3 took it a bit further, but I'm pretty hopeful for the next couple of generations of the Tegra line of SoC's.

For the time being this is still just fine, and not really rivaled by anything aside from other iterations from the same manufacturer. The Yoga from Lenovo I suppose, but it just seems silly to me and Lenovo lost my trust long ago. Decent company and usually decent products to a degree though, but it just feels like when I buy Lenovo, I buy more often than what is needed elsewhere (meaning replacing internal components or calling it a good enough time to upgrade). Of course I'm only referring to those tablets which will feature full keyboards, as though it's enough of the market.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD via my tethered HTC Vision
    this is my thread for Nvidia/Tegra3 news. No one asked all these other people to come in and basically bash the thread talking about how its a failure or this or that.

I am glad that you started this very informative and interesting thread, Kid.
    But I do not understand why, all of a sudden, the thread has to be a "yes men".
    You should know better that you will not get 100% of approval on your position regarding Prime and Tegra3.
    You should accept opposing points of view which are the engine for advancements.

And I also noticed that in a lot of threads that you did not start you jump into to bring your opinion. It is well accepted in general but invasive also because you want to be everywhere.

All members know, by now, that you are the best marketing agent for the Prime and its Tegra. Some disagree and the fact that you start a thread rightfully gives them the right to express their opinion. You do not like it, move on!!!!!!!!!!!!1

opinions are always welcomed along with opposing positions. The difference is when some come in ranting this opposing opinion with name calling, labels, or this or that, its unneccessary and crosses the line. I know how to keep my cool and not let it get to serious. Its some others who cant seem to keep cool about it.

As with any debate, they will be two sides or even more. both will state their piece. then both will go back in forth with arguments to validate their claim. All this is is a never ending debate. which is fine with me as long as people can act civil with a level of maturity that doesn't cross the line of normal debating. that's all there is to it. nothing more, nothing less. people don't have to be yes men, but they cant think that if they come with some opposing statement or argument that one wont be directed right back at them. Come on now. This debate hasn't reached a point to where one side has nothing more to say and accept the loss. If that time comes and its very obvious, then what can i say. Until then, the debate rages on. I would love to change the title to a more debatable topic of what chips you think are better and have facts or info to back up the claim(not sales figures Barry..lol). But the way people get heated lately, its a long shot.
    I just noticed what's underneath my avatar now...

Congratulations! You've helped quite a few people so well deserved. To those joining the party late, demandarin and I enjoy the debate. As forums go, I consider him a friend. Don't let our equal (and usually opposite) enthusiasm make you think we're flaming or disrespecting each other. He even made a guest appearance in the One X forum. ;)