BOOT MANAGER FOR RAZR, and everything you need to know about it!

Search This thread

[TSON]

Jan 28, 2011
The porting to RAZR was by gflam of the init2winit team. Not me. I'm just a beta tester. The XDA portal lied.
xpr92.png

WARNING:
YOU MUST BE ON A 2ND-INIT ROM TO RUN BOOT MANAGER. AFTERWARDS YOU CAN INSTALL NON-2ND-INIT ROMS ONTO YOUR SD.

What is Boot Manager?
Think safestrap on crack. We now have UNLIMITED SD ROMs. We have a beautiful UI, with a nearly completely fail-safe system implemented. As long as your ROMs have the same kernel and radio...you're good! And as long as you have enough free SD space... you're good! Boot Manager can automatically sync your SMS and your call logs as well.

What's the difference between Lite and Pro?
Lite only lets you install one extra ROM alongside your Phone ROM. Pro has unlimited as long as they all fit on your SD.

Where can I get it though?
PRO: https://play.google....rx2.bootmanager
LITE: https://play.google....ootmanager.lite

I need GAPPS in my ROM, but when I install them in Boot Manager it doesn't work!
If the normal ones don't work, there's modified ones that are known to work. Try the normal ones first, though.
For the modified ones check here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...manager-galaxy-nexus-support.html#post1991955

What if I mess up my install?
Along with Boot Manager comes a failsafe - you have CWM on boot. If for any reason you cannot boot into your current ROM, hold down + PWR to turn your phone off, then turn it back on, and install zip from SD. Navigate to SDCARD/BootManager and there you'll find a folder for each of your ROMs, including your phone ROM. To switch to one that works, simply go into the folder and install update.zip.

What if my Safe System is a 2nd-init ROM?
Go back to your non-safe and uninstall Safestrap. Boot Manager and Safestrap are incompatible. The app won't open while you have it. You can take a nandroid and install it in Boot Manager and get all of your apps and data back, though. You need a 2nd-init ROM on your non-safe.

Do all ROMs work?
We tested them all and the only one that doesn't is RAZRX v1.2. Previous versions work fine, though.

I have another question...
Post and I'll help you out!

Last edited:

ExtraDan

Feb 5, 2010
oh gawd, thanks you so much!
this is useful, does anybody has a pirate download for the pro? (just kidding, im buying it)
thank you mate, is it your application?

spawns

Apr 7, 2010
Sorry but...our device is not supported, or that is what I understood! :confused:

[TSON]

Jan 28, 2011
We're most definitely supported. Support was added a couple of hours ago. Ignore the description.

(I don't know if it works on GSM RAZRs though - someone wanna test that with fastboot files handy?)

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
decantodepoetas.blogspot.com
We're most definitely supported. Support was added a couple of hours ago. Ignore the description.

(I don't know if it works on GSM RAZRs though - someone wanna test that with fastboot files handy?)

Just give a five star on g..p.

Great app

This would probably became huge if implemented kholk's bootload bypass in a near future. Do you consider this idea TSON?

Plus five stars for this in!

Thanks

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk

Edit: why this is in general section?

Last edited:

ExtraDan

Feb 5, 2010
Don't force people to rate that application, man.

Sent from my XT910 using XDA

[TSON]

Jan 28, 2011

Great app

This would probably became huge if implemented kholk's bootload bypass in a near future. Do you consider this idea TSON?

Thanks

(because nobody reads the apps section)
& yeah im sure once [mbm] & kholk release kexec conap&gflam will update it for it.

Reactions: pedrotorresfilho

[TSON]

Jan 28, 2011
GSM RAZR hasn't been tested. If you have fastboot files handy, it'd be nice to know...

Yes you can switch between ICS and GB ROMs as of right now because they all use the same kernel. Once ROMs start becoming based off of the ICS leak that will change.

Spectral1991

Dec 6, 2009
Hmm alright. Will try that when I have the time. Does it store the ROM settings somewhere? Cause for GSM to run ICS, you'll need to use the GSM patch first. Wonder if that complicates things when trying to switch.

[TSON]

Jan 28, 2011
Hmm alright. Will try that when I have the time. Does it store the ROM settings somewhere? Cause for GSM to run ICS, you'll need to use the GSM patch first. Wonder if that complicates things when trying to switch.

You install zips through the app, so just pretend you're in a prettier CWM and install the ROM to a slot, and then the GSM patch.

onemotodroid

Jul 31, 2010
Great app I will purchase the pro when a ROM is developed for the new ICS leak.

I will not be going back to GB.

$2.99 is a good deal for a app that will allow be to switch between ROMs - quickly

leisures

Jul 8, 2010
Cordoba
I couldn't make it work on my gsm it tell me i need bootstraper and 2init(i have razr bootstrapper)

Enviado desde mi XT910 usando Tapatalk

nespresso33

Apr 28, 2010
2nd init is Safestrap.

We don't have savestrap released for GSM, I don't know if safestrap for CDMA works for GSM, but anyway we have bootstrap.

[TSON]

Jan 28, 2011
2nd-init is not safestrap.

If your ROM has BLUR, it is not 2nd-init. If your ROM is AOSP-based, it is 2nd-init. All of our ICS ROMs other than the leak will work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The porting to RAZR was by gflam of the init2winit team. Not me. I'm just a beta tester. The XDA portal lied.
    xpr92.png

WARNING:
    YOU MUST BE ON A 2ND-INIT ROM TO RUN BOOT MANAGER. AFTERWARDS YOU CAN INSTALL NON-2ND-INIT ROMS ONTO YOUR SD.

What is Boot Manager?
    Think safestrap on crack. We now have UNLIMITED SD ROMs. We have a beautiful UI, with a nearly completely fail-safe system implemented. As long as your ROMs have the same kernel and radio...you're good! And as long as you have enough free SD space... you're good! Boot Manager can automatically sync your SMS and your call logs as well.

What's the difference between Lite and Pro?
    Lite only lets you install one extra ROM alongside your Phone ROM. Pro has unlimited as long as they all fit on your SD.

Where can I get it though?
    PRO: https://play.google....rx2.bootmanager
    LITE: https://play.google....ootmanager.lite

I need GAPPS in my ROM, but when I install them in Boot Manager it doesn't work!
    If the normal ones don't work, there's modified ones that are known to work. Try the normal ones first, though.
    For the modified ones check here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...manager-galaxy-nexus-support.html#post1991955

What if I mess up my install?
    Along with Boot Manager comes a failsafe - you have CWM on boot. If for any reason you cannot boot into your current ROM, hold down + PWR to turn your phone off, then turn it back on, and install zip from SD. Navigate to SDCARD/BootManager and there you'll find a folder for each of your ROMs, including your phone ROM. To switch to one that works, simply go into the folder and install update.zip.

What if my Safe System is a 2nd-init ROM?
    Go back to your non-safe and uninstall Safestrap. Boot Manager and Safestrap are incompatible. The app won't open while you have it. You can take a nandroid and install it in Boot Manager and get all of your apps and data back, though. You need a 2nd-init ROM on your non-safe.

Do all ROMs work?
    We tested them all and the only one that doesn't is RAZRX v1.2. Previous versions work fine, though.

I have another question...
    Post and I'll help you out!
    perhaps you are on stock rom actually, right? You have to flash a 2nd-init-Rom (like CM9, AOKP) first before you will be able to use Boot Manager. And then it is not sure that Boot Manager will run correctly on GSM Razr.

EDIT:

Boot Manager runs well on GSM-Razr!!!

If you want to use your Stock Rom beside the Custom Rom, just make a Nandroid backup first. When finished, move the backup folder from ext. SD-Card into your INTERNAL storage. Then follow the steps bellow until step 4. Now click on "Install zip" ---> "restore Nandroid" and choose your backup. Wait until it's finished, done! :D

1. Flash a 2nd-init-Rom like CM9, AOKP, AXIOM, Gummy, Black Widow
    2. Install Boot Manager
    3. Go to "Phone Rom" --> "Setup Phone"
    4. Click on "Tab Rom 1" ---> "Install Zip"
    5. Choose your Rom to install and wait (takes about 20 minutes)
    6. Only if needed: Click on "Install zip" again and choose "Gapps" to install it, same for the GSM-Patch!
    7. Boot into Rom, done! :)
    8. After reboot into the new Rom, you have to install Boot Manager again (from Store).
    9. Now you can switch between your installed Roms :)

P.S. If you like Boot Manager, please support the Devs and get Pro-Version!

But there is one Problem: I restored my Stock-Rom to tab "Rom 1". But the data is gone and I cannot download anything from store, it says that there is no available memory, but there are 2GB free space on storage. And after every reboot into this Rom all Data is deleted, that means when I set up my Google-account, for example, after next reboot I have to set it up again.
    The option resize img's doesn't help. So how can I get my full nandroid backup with all data to this slot? And how to get some free memory on it?

This Problem as regards to Stock Rom! With any Custom Rom there will be NO problem!

Another question: Why I cannot install zips from external SD?
    conap I believe is looking into the GSM issues right now. So sit tight.

Great app

Thanks

(because nobody reads the apps section)
    & yeah im sure once [mbm] & kholk release kexec conap&gflam will update it for it.
    Those are basically the same steps im taking.
    Is there any difference in steps or installation files?

The files you used are for CDMA-Razr. This won't work on GMS-Razr. The steps to install are the same.