AEON Q&A

Search This thread

Rebelranger

Jul 11, 2011
Northern CA
Cool Rom! Thanks for all the work making this!
Forgice me of this is a dumb question but.....

I want to use exdialer or go dialer and when I actually make a call it goes to the system default dialer.
My contacts are viewable in either dialer but when I actually place the call it does not use the ex or go dialer. Is this normal?

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra

I want to use exdialer or go dialer and when I actually make a call it goes to the system default dialer.
My contacts are viewable in either dialer but when I actually place the call it does not use the ex or go dialer. Is this normal?

Have not used exdialer or go...I will hav to check it out sounds interesting.... but standby I am sure guru bigfau will answer ya...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

bigfau

Inactive Recognized Developer

If you are referring to this:

a69363e9-3257-e569.jpg

Then yes. This is normal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

SleepyDad

Nov 16, 2011
SOD ?

I love this ROM. The speed and the battery life are the best I've seen on my Infuse and I don't want to go with something different.

However, I'm occasionally seeing my phone simply shut down and I have to do a hard reboot. Is this the SOD I've seen mentioned?

If so it doesn't look like there's a fix at the moment, correct? Any suggestions?

bigfau

I love this ROM. The speed and the battery life are the best I've seen on my Infuse and I don't want to go with something different.

However, I'm occasionally seeing my phone simply shut down and I have to do a hard reboot. Is this the SOD I've seen mentioned?

If so it doesn't look like there's a fix at the moment, correct? Any suggestions?

Thank you. You are correct though , there is no fix that I am aware of. What launcher,kernel,modem was you using at those times?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Clark Joseph Kent

xDa.Fun

Feb 1, 2012
Planet Earth
Aeon v1.3 is running very good. Thank you very much BigF.

I was figuring out the way to remove "Software Update" option from the settings menu (as this is just taking space in rom i think. if i am wrong please correct me). So someone give me directions which files or code lines are required to be edited. :D

NunHugger

Dec 18, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Aeon v1.3 is running very good. Thank you very much BigF.

I was figuring out the way to remove "Software Update" option from the settings menu (as this is just taking space in rom i think. if i am wrong please correct me). So someone give me directions which files or code lines are required to be edited. :D

Thought I did that once. ;)

Reactions: oldbbman

xDa.Fun

Feb 1, 2012
Planet Earth
Thought I did that once. ;)

lol..I did and have prefected it. :D

What did you do with the settings.apk I gave you, Nits?

Thanks for giving me that Tutor Nun :D. I have accomplished that mission. I was not sure abt. the code lines to edited in this file. But after digging and digging the files i manage to do that. I have attached the moded Settings.apk (Software Update option removed) for Aeon 1.3. If any one interested he have to put the same in System\app through root explorer and set the permissions rw-r-r (Keep backup of the original file for safety).

Hi Qk. I have that file saved in Important backups
:). I was interested to practice some coding exercise so i put that question.

Attachments

• Settings.apk
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: qkster

bigfau

Thanks for giving me that Tutor Nun :D. I have accomplished that mission. I was not sure abt. the code lines to edited in this file. But after digging and digging the files i manage to do that. I have attached the moded Settings.apk (Software Update option removed) for Aeon 1.3. If any one interested he have to put the same in System\app through root explorer and set the permissions rw-r-r (Keep backup of the original file for safety).

Hi Qk. I have that file saved in Important backups
:). I was interested to practice some coding exercise so i put that question.

I fixed my settings.apk yesterday to get rid of "Update Software" option not to long after you posted. Lol.It was part of my update. Haha.I wasnt going to do it yet, been trying to add Quickpanel settings to Settings. Thank very much anyway ndhanta.

Last edited:

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
I fixed my settings.apk yesterday to get rid of "Update Software" option not to long after you posted. Lol.It was part of my update. Haha.I wasnt going to do it yet, been trying to add Quickpanel settings to Settings. Thank very much anyway ndhanta.

That would be pretty neat, big.
Having that icon launch another app.
Blanking that line out is pretty simple - either put in an empty string or transparent it out.
I've only gone as far as replacing that line with something cheesy.

bigfau

That would be pretty neat, big.
Having that icon launch another app.
Blanking that line out is pretty simple - either put in an empty string or transparent it out.
I've only gone as far as replacing that line with something cheesy.

Huh? Im confused.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AEON Rom beta and Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
Huh?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AEON Rom beta and Tapatalk 2

Sorry for not being clearer.
I thought you were trying to change the Settings.apk "update software" button to Launch "QuickPanelSettings"

I meant I was only able to make it say something like, "I love Aeon" but clicking that button does nothing.

Reactions: bigfau

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ringtone

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum here. I've had my infuse for about a month, Rooted it the first week I had it, and have been flashing custom rom's on it since.
    I'm currently running Aeon 1.3. I love the rom.
    The only issue i'm having is, when I get a call, the phone does not ring. I've checked to make sure the phone is not on silent, the volume is turned up as well.
    When I select the ringtone from sounds under the settings menu the ringtone plays. When a call comes in the phone will not ring, unless it's the first call after a re-boot, then the phone will ring for about 3 seconds, then go silent.
    I have searched the forums here and several other sites as well with no luck.
    I have moved the ringtones to different folders on the sd card both internal and external, I have moved all the ringtones into the media folder as well.
    I know the speaker is good, I know the ringtones are good, as they can be played from settings.
    Help
    Thanks
    alarmguy48195

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

I think I figured it out, I had a call blocker installed. I installed it and now the ring tones work so far. I've tested on 4 calls so far.
    Does someone have a good free screenshot app? Used to have screenshot er demo but they put a damn watermark on the screenshot.

I use screen shot app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.geeksoft.screenshot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium
    Bigfau guess what....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    haha he has 3 arms. On another note, I went to bed and woke up but my phone didn't wake. I restarted and it was ok. Any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

That's neat that you found the fix. :p