[DEV]Ultimate AOSP ICS Testing Arena [Always Updating]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

synergye

Jul 6, 2010
I bit the bullet and flashed the "brick Build" needless to say i didnt get bricked. Looks like the same exact build as 3.7 even with including the new modules.

Hah, I thought someone might bite the bullet. Yeah, switched some flags around in that build for testing RIL.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium HD app

come at me bro

Aug 9, 2011
I have a feeling a working build is coming soon :)

Last time I had that feeling we got ics that day

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

L

lmftmf

New RIL Tester build flashed, it cannot find my sim card apparently? lol other then that everything else is still hosed. Also reflashed and same issue with sim card but it appears that the radio is apparently starting to load which is great news!

Last edited:

zacgoesrawr

Mar 4, 2012
Bay Area, CA
Newest build works, still no radio but a few things i noticed (maybe already pointed out) but no proximity sensor, the screenshot doesn't work, and it thinks the last time my phone looked for an update was 12/31/1969 :p

other than that seems kick ass and i cannot wait till i can leave my house with this on my phone :D

Last edited:
L

lmftmf

Newest build works, still no radio but a few things i noticed (maybe already pointed out) but no proximity sensor, the screenshot doesn't work, and it thinks the last time my phone looked for an update was 12/31/1969 :p

other than that seems kick ass and i cannot wait till i can leave my house with this on my phone :D
Did you get a message saying that your Sim card could not be found

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

Last edited:
L

lmftmf

i actually did not!

and i'd give a logcat except I switched back to Dark Raider.
Interesting, I think that happened because i didnt flash the boot img that syn had provided. I just had the kozmi kernel. hmmm? anyways beta 3.8 seems exactly the same no wifi no radio things like that.

come at me bro

Aug 9, 2011
I'm not using a Linux box at this time unless there's a way to get it working with windows? :(

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

I'm thinking since its not an HTC rom its not a HTC phone per say

In other words I'm thinking we need something other then the HTC drivers to logcat even though we can still fast boot and get the CPU to connect to the device

Most likely wrong but its a idea
I know i was able to connect on the very first builds

Last edited:

come at me bro

Aug 9, 2011
logcat worked for me?
i was using adb for mac
adb isn't HTC only, it's actually all android

I'm saying maybe we need a aosp driver or something to dump log cats on windows idk
Edit
Like we do not have the correct driver
I think everyone knows the command to dump a log cat christx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit: Per Kraizk, please carefully read the thread & all posts. Not all links are updated & flashing the incorrect file may cause issues. The items posted in here are generally for advanced users or those knowledgeable enough to contribute to the project. I am in no way dissuading you from trying something new, just asking you to be thorough & certain about what you are downloading. Some links may be outdated, incomplete or outdated builds

This is a new dev chat area for my ICS builds. I finally have power, so am back to work on these builds all day today. I will be uploading each new testing build without updating this thread, so it's imperative you check the upload time on mediafire.

At the end of each build day I will be renaming the most stable/functional build as the beta for the day, or uploading an older build as the Beta for the day.

Some builds may not boot, may not have fully functioning cam, and may not have working cell due to attempting to get fully functional cell, and functioning mobile data. I'm also attempting to revert some very hacky workarounds and still maintain full functionality.

I'm not responsible for failure to read this, broken phones, or user error.

Install instructions:
    -Flash ota zip in recovery
    -Reboot to Fastboot, and flash boot.img
    -YOU NEED THE NEW HBOOT!

If you don't know how to follow the instructions, then these testing builds are definitely not for you, and I would wait for the daily beta.

Download Testing Builds In the Test folders, boot.img will always upload before the ota zip, so please be patient.

Big Thanks and Credits: TwistedUmbrella, CM9 Team, TheCubed, TeamKang(AOKP Team), Evervolv Team, Cayniarb, Google, kevsthabest, IOMonster, DeamonFish for decoration and MisterSchnapps.

Holiday-Centric Github Page
    No matter what happens, we will continue working on this project. It's not fair to let a few bad apples spoil the bunch.

I would like to thank developers like Cayniarb, pirateghost, Leigh Kennedy, and contactwajeeh (sorry if I used IRC-only names, I'm going off the top of my head) for keeping the community alive and well, as well as putting in so much work into this device. Without developers, a community fails and breaks down into anarchy.

So far, the biggest problem I've seen is the fracture between us IRC-mostly devs, and XDA-only devs. When the lines of communication are strained, it makes it very hard to stay 'on the same page' as everyone else. What may have started as a simple miscommunication now is ballooning into a issue with personal feelings attached to it.

As for me, I will continue developing oblivious to what is going on XDA. I urge other developers to do the same. Keep doing what you're great at, and let the idiots squabble away.

With that said, I do not mean we should simply withdraw totally from XDA and other forums alike, I merely mean we should not feed the trolls.

I would like to thank all of the people following this that have refrained from falling into the madness, let's continue to make this community great and prosperous.

I have one last sentiment to express: if someone offends you, in real life or online, try to work it out with them first privately. If they continue, arrange a second meeting with them in a semi-public way. Try to come to a reasonable agreement. We don't need drama :)

Thanks all!
    Do we need to test any of the pmem test?

Nope. Thank you though. Quick update for all of you:

Working on kernel trying to redo the horribly lazy way HTC setup pmem (basically the improper for 3.0 way). Basically going for more of a 2.6 CAF pmem layout. Then also on the kernel side of things, Cayniarb is working his ass off on a totally new CAF 3.0 kernel without using our board files. This is very promising and exciting, however we've been getting an error that Cayniarb hasn't yet figured out, nor myself and anyone else who's gone through source.j

You're probably wondering why we're not just using the old 2.6 kernel we had been using. This is because the kernel had quite a few issues that just aren't worthwhile to debug and work on (if you saw a kmsg from that 2.6 kernel, you know what I mean). Also, it would appear that the mic problem is actually related to kernel. So basically we're at the point of needing to work on this to continue. That said, there are still members of our team such as TheCubed who are working tirelessly on RIL, and we already have a pretty good understanding of what's going on there, and even partially diagnosed one of the no sim issues from the awesome RIL Class work rmcc's been doing.
    as much as it sucks there are selfish ignorant people on here. Synergy, the cubed and everyone else who;s helped with the ASOP development have been more than amazing by working on this! i hope a couple of sob's don't stop you from developing.
    Totally different game as far as we're concerned. Was just ridiculous to have some very talented developers who have been helping others out the whole time be accused of stealing something which isn't even owned by another developer. Trust me, we're not stopping development, just have hit kind of a big turning point and have been pushing through. Cayniarb's also been a huge help, and working on adding holiday support to his 3.0 kernel via totally new board files separate from htc's board-holiday.

A quick note. There are quite a few very talented developers helping each other out non-stop on the holiday. Once we get RIL totally out of the way, you will start seeing more ports, etc from many talented developers. Quite a few are just waiting for full RIL. It's easier to get going in source than decompiled java frameworks, and they're really waiting on that to occur. So I don't want anyone to think Vivid development is dead since there's just a small hump we are working on getting over. Really fully working AOSP RIL is propbably going to happen first, then other devs who have been holding back will start releasing their awesome work.

Now as much as I agree with what has been said, I really want this thread to go back on topic. Thank you.

Edit: thus far the amount of community cooperation out of Holiday devs has been superb and mostly behind the scenes so far. Far better than any other community I've been apart of.
    Here's a quick video update!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqEV71BqVjM

Stuff is happening often, we're very close to having audio fixed and RIL figured out.