Wrong kernel bootloop help

Search This thread

ruffain

Nov 22, 2013
Srinagar
I am posting this for my frnd he was trying to unlock bootloader which he successful did but when he tried to reboot after that it stuck in bootloop(htc logo) and later he realized he accidentally clicked on flash kernel from some rootkit and I suppose that's why it's suck in boot then he tried to flash recovery and flash a new Rom but his phone is not detected by the computer
Any suggestion

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
I am posting this for my frnd he was trying to unlock bootloader which he successful did but when he tried to reboot after that it stuck in bootloop(htc logo) and later he realized he accidentally clicked on flash kernel from some rootkit and I suppose that's why it's suck in boot then he tried to flash recovery and flash a new Rom but his phone is not detected by the computer
Any suggestion

are the drivers up-to-date?
can he enter the hboot screen?

ruffain

Nov 22, 2013
Srinagar
Yes he can enter bootloader from the power+volume button combo nd drivers are update since he unlocked bootloader from same computer

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
So my suggestion is: flash a recovery like philz 5.15.9 via fastboot, enter recovery, mount the phone as external mass storage, copy there the zip of a rom, wipe data to install new rom, reboot to bootloader, flash boot.img from the rom via fastboot (erase cache before and after flashing boot.img) then enter recovery flash the rom zip and choose wipe in aroma... Then should be ok... Ask here for further infos :)