[ROM][AOSP Kitkat 4.4 GEEB Port][LS970][11/12/13][v2]

Search This thread

Androidawg

May 8, 2009
Atlanta
Not in my experience. I just skipped it. You might need to go back to a different rom and get data working then re flash and just skip it.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

Crossvxm

May 26, 2013
New York
Anyone trying to get NFC to work should try the solution posted on the 8th post of the original roms thread below:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47203820#post47203820

Anyone trying to get more info, fixes, facts and opinions should visit the original rom's thread. I've been following it since its release and trust me progression is doing its best at a steady pace. Be patient as these are somewhat Alpha status. The thread to read whats been going on in the non Sprint LG OG can be found here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2509457

Crossvxm

May 26, 2013
New York
LGNPST'd back to stock, rerooted, flashed mako recovery, reflashed this ROM;

Still no signal. not even *#*#4636#*#* changing the preferred network to CDMA/LTE did anything. Changing the band still shows GSM only. Looks like I am not alone on the issue.

Thats odd I had LTE perfectly fine.
Have you tried restoring the EFS backup if you made one?

iamterence

Feb 10, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
Data and MMS worked for me when I flashed as well. Switched back and forth between WiFi and 3G flawlessly.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Crossvxm

May 26, 2013
New York
I dont really see how OMNI connects perfectly, yet somehow when I flash this ROM all of a sudden my EFS is borked. But I will have to try.

Trust me ALL day ive been reading on the original rom on all sorts of different flash problems.
I was on the stock based OpTimuS 4.4 rom before flashing it and had no extraordinary issues.
But give it a try, also forgot to mention sometimes your custom recovery matters. Im on TWRP 2.6.3.0.

waeponx

Feb 24, 2011
legeex.com
Trust me ALL day ive been reading on the original rom on all sorts of different flash problems.
I was on the stock based OpTimuS 4.4 rom before flashing it and had no extraordinary issues.
But give it a try, also forgot to mention sometimes your custom recovery matters. Im on TWRP 2.6.3.0.

MAGIC! Lol, lol just kidding I have no idea what did it but I did restore my stock backup restored my EFS through FreeGee, went back into recovery and flashed 2.6.3.0, wiped system, data, cache installed this rom. boom. instant LTE

Crossvxm

May 26, 2013
New York
MAGIC! Lol, lol just kidding I have no idea what did it but I did restore my stock backup restored my EFS through FreeGee, went back into recovery and flashed 2.6.3.0, wiped system, data, cache installed this rom. boom. instant LTE

Lol congrats! Now I'm curious as to which caused the issue. But for some reason I'm confident it was the EFS.
Although recoveries DO ruin service at times, like the Galaxy S2 which requires you to use certain recoveries for certain roms.

davevinci

Apr 12, 2012
Baguio City
This is a port of the GEEB's kitkat aosp rom made by houston, the only credit i take is changing the framework xml's, with ours and adding the few lines missing from our build.prop. all credit goes to him for this. This is in no way perfect, there seems to be surfaceflinger artifact's?(you will know what i mean when you flash it). i know there someone else doing this from source, but couple of users request i made a thread of his one and so i did.

houston's thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2509457

Know issue:
Code:
[B]Surfaceflinger asrtifacts( jaggy ui)
nfc not working( you could try the att's/canadian fix might work for us)
To mitigate the ui choppyness and tearing, enable developwer settings, then check mark force gpu rendering, and disable hardware overlays.[/B]

Screenshots:
ih9Ou254fkZoI.png
ibw4H1CZXV0Uv4.png
ib2Het6GhmujpV.png
ioI3GNeB3pBEL.png

ib2Het6GhmujpV.png
iPNmwffhNGzQq.png

i51b7xyRwg9q7.png

Instructions:
flash ROM
flash GAPPS
- Banks Gapps
flash SU supersu

the new 4.4 selinux security disable, so flash with any recovery
Download Link:

Thanks/credits

@Iomonster - for everything he does @chadouming
@xboxfanj
@dvhexer
@Shelnutt2 @autoprime - all his efs magic on LG phones
@slick_rick @ayysir

Hi OP u might give this kernel a try for back camera..https://db.tt/rwlhcLv4

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RG3

Aug 20, 2013
Miami,FL
Flashed over from stock ZVC, No issues what so ever!! :'D
Data works, MMS works, and so does wifi.

Very stable, Daily driver material!

Crossvxm

May 26, 2013
New York
I replaced the GLES and the Surfaceflinger libs with the ones from OMNI, boom. no more artifacts. replaced the camera2.apk from OMNI. Boom my camera works. only getting 8mp, but it works and is present I can deal with 8mp for now.

Hmmm maybe that can be a solution for the OP's next update (if any).
Are you getting any random zoom ins in the browser now? And the camera, does it have focus issues
as with most pure JB roms for the LGOG?

waeponx

Feb 24, 2011
legeex.com
Hmmm maybe that can be a solution for the OP's next update (if any).
Are you getting any random zoom ins in the browser now? And the camera, does it have focus issues
as with most pure JB roms for the LGOG?

Nothing with the browser. no autofocus, but pressing the focus works just fine. Pics are taken with pretty good quality considering.

Top Liked Posts